RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have an eternal Itchy and Scratchy battle.

Teagan

Sorceror
I do not know if the site saved the original post.
I was bored one day and made this little gem (using XMLSpawner). You can change anything in the [add property like STR.
No custom scripts necessary as you can see.
If this is in the wrong forum, don't hesitate to move it to the correct area.
I added the Z coordinate at the end because Itchy or Scratchy would sometimes spawn inside the bank.

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
I like to randomly spawn 'disguised' mobs for events and this helps, hadn't thought of using xml spawners for them, thanks :)

Teagan

Sorceror
Well, now you know you can even use them to make even rabbits that will anally plunder dragons without custom scripts. :p

Teagan

Sorceror
There is another thing you can do similar to this. On my shard, I have a castle with taunting Frenchmen in it. The castle has 'catapaults' that will throw farm animals at the player.
With repeating traps, on one, I set the sound value to 120 and spelleffect to 8451. The result? Cows being thrown. Well, shrunken cow figures, but you get the idea.

Next to the castle sign is a goat that was being thrown.
I can tell you the spelleffect and sound values for the other farm animals later if you wish (shrunken mobile itemid values). Make your players wonder wtf as they are being crushed by falling cows.

Teagan

Sorceror
Another thing you can do, Alyssa, that I don't know if you knew or not. I am setting up a spawn room on my shard in the jail on trammel. Spawners will be set up for the custom monsters/custom spawns. As long as you have the specific map and location readily available (I added another admin. account for this and have two game windows open), you can have something spawn anywhere in the game from the trammel jail (for instance).
With the xmlspawner, after the monster constructable, remember to add : /map/facet/x/number/y/number/z/number
For me, the rainbow pets (each constructable have to have this if you plan to have multiple different monsters from one spot) will be : /map/ilshenar/x/1772/y/888/z/-25 - Which that points to a sandy beach in ilshenar accessible by boat and surrounded by mountains.
The said monster(s) will spawn at the target location, but if you hit 'bring home', the monster(s) will go directly to the spawner.
This also makes it very easy for the staff so they don't have to hunt down/write down the spawner locations.
Another bonus is if someone wipes an area where the custom monster is, no spawner would be lost.
Only issue with that is the monsters would huddle in the direction of the spawner, no real biggie.

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
Some good points and the throwing of animals that's a cool idea, that would be a bit confusing, lol... Thanks for the info regarding the spawner setup for making things more interesting :)

Plan to look into utilizing those spawners a bit more, lol, after getting a couple other things finished up.

Have a good one :)

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
if set that up to spawn in a different location, they want to walk to the spawner and don't stay in the area set for them... I tried to set HomeRangeIsRelative but that doesn't change anything... course setting them up across a map might make for a fun event of finding the mob of mobs, lol.

Teagan

Sorceror
Someone might be able to help with that. I have Final Repack 2.0 and she has 2.0 rc2.
I don't know if that would affect how the spawners affect the behavior of what I did and what she tried.

zerodowned

Sorceror
a monty python castle!

i've really got to learn about xml spawners

=======================

fyi saw your post http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/colonel-sanders-escapee-ruo-2-0.537041/

to fix the problem with hue use

MovingEffect( defender, EffectID, 18, 1, false, false, Hue, 0 );

Hue will set it as the hue of the weapon, but set 0 to the hue you want it to be

boba gave you an example of how to include it on a specific item
http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...e-from-specific-monsters.536237/#post-3985555