RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help understanding and creating custom items.

Zinn

Wanderer
I have been searching for a tutorial on how to create basic custom items/mobs but I cant find this information anywhere. I know a little C++ so I can read the C# programming language and understand it enough to make some changes but the basics of where the materials to build with come from eludes me.

Example 1: Say I wanted to turn a patch of campion flowers into a simple custom teleporter.
Example 2: I want to make a pink or purple dragon with 100 million HP.
Example 3: How does a moongate work? What triggers the teleport gump?

My question is where do I get a copy of the original file (campion flowers/Regular Dragon) from?
Where do I make the changes (in the game with something like [Props or in the c# script code)?
What is the best way to save the completed custom item so it will show on Pandora's Box?
where do I find information on what server.include (using Server.Items) files do what?
;)
I hope I didn't ask too much in one post. I have been searching the forums for days now and I keep finding little bits of information here and there but it's not enough for me to put together an get a clear understanding from.:D