RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with getting CentrED server to run?

Ok, I used to use WorldForge and loved it, but I lost it to a computer crash. And even when I managed to find a complete download, crappy Windows tells me the program can't run on this computer (I think I have Windows 9, or 8 or whatever the newest one was... it came with the laptop)

CentrED seems to be the new thing, and I like the look of it, so I thought I'd give it a try. Here's what happens. I have everything unpacked and in folders where I want, along with a folder so CentrED has its own copies of all the files it requests. I start the server's exe program.

I leave the port as it is.

I put in the locations of all the requested files. (and I've checked that multiple times, but I have a screencap if anyone wants to look over exactly how I typed them in)

I put in the map size for a Trammel map (renamed to Map0 and moved to the abovementioned folder) from an unpatched Mondain's Legacy client v. 6.0.1.10 patch 72. According to a website, this is 896 x 512. And yes, I entered them on separate lines as asked.

I entered a screenname to use, and have checked with websites that reassure me this is not pre-set and I should make one up.

I type in a password. I've even tried not using any caps or numbers...

As soon as I hit enter after the password, the window closes and the program has apparently crashed.

Any ideas?

m309

Squire
Do you have all of the other files in the same folder? (hues.mul, radarcol.mul, art files, texture files, light files etc?) You need one folder for the server set of files, and one for the "client" set of files. Similar to how a normal RunUO server operates. Screenshots definitely might help.

Perrie67

Wanderer
I'm having the same issue, I have all the files in an independent folder.
Here is the best capture I can manage as it drops out so fast.
Note I am running the latest client patch but have used the UOP Unpacker feature in UO Fiddler to extract the map files

Attachments

• Shot1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 13
I'm having the same issue, I have all the files in an independent folder.
Here is the best capture I can manage as it drops out so fast.
Note I am running the latest client patch but have used the UOP Unpacker feature in UO Fiddler to extract the map files

Mine doesn't even get that far. Here's the screenshot of what I get, and as soon as I press enter after entering a password, the window closes and the program has shut down.

I have the files for server and client in separate folders, though I haven't even tried to start up the client yet at this point.

m309

Squire
WhiteDove01s the program isn't asking for the folder where the files are located, its asking for the file names. The cedserver.exe manually detects what folder its in and looks for the files, simply type the actual names of the files (map0.mul, statics0.mul, etc etc) and it should work for you.

Perrie67 are you using the proper map size for the "newer" ML sized map?

WhiteDove01s the program isn't asking for the folder where the files are located, its asking for the file names. The cedserver.exe manually detects what folder its in and looks for the files, simply type the actual names of the files (map0.mul, statics0.mul, etc etc) and it should work for you.

It works :) Thank you so much! Now I can get rid of all those 'unused' tiles scattered all over the maps ever since I started changing some of the textures... I never would have thought the program was asking for the names of the files it just stated the names of... usually programs want the file folder when they do that. XD

Perrie67

Wanderer

Perrie67 are you using the proper map size for the "newer" ML sized map?

I'm fairly certain I am
896 x 512

m309

Squire
Glad it worked WhiteDove01s.

Perrie67, I'm not sure then. By your error image (after looking at it again), it looks like the server completes initialization and then shuts down afterward which would actually mean your files are fine as is (otherwise the program would dump out and shutdown prior to completing the initialization). I'm honestly not sure why it would claim the files are improperly sized after it just verifies that they -are- properly sized some seconds before. I'm guessing you tried to uninstall and reinstall the program? Different directory/folder? You can also try using Centred+ instead (it has newer/better capabilities anyway), released by StaticZ. You can find it here: http://dev.uoquint.ru/