RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey

Shanksmyster

Wanderer
Long time player looking to spend my extra time learning how to script rather than playing the game as much.

RunUo is a wonderful source of information, and in the last 3 days I have already used the resources to install run uo, incorporate nerun's distro, add items, edit items, install custom objects from the art section successfully, create custom mobs, edit mobs, etc.

Scripting is coming easy to me, but I would like to have someone available so that I could avoid some issues that someone more experienced would be able to let me know. For example, for the last few days I have been doing all my scripting in RunUo 2.5. It turns out lots of the scripts I couldn't get to work were due to compatibility issues.

I wish I had known this a few days ago. Would someone be willing to take me under their wing as a resource as I continue in my adventure? The forum is great but some things just need to be discussed through teamspeak or something.

Thanks for the welcome, and if you are willing please shoot me a PM, thanks!

Arrrr

Wanderer
ServUO (a fork of runUO) has an irc room. I'm telling you this because, as you are probably realizing by now, this community is dying everyday and even it's own admin is missing, whereas on ServUO there are responsibles available to chat with.

We have a few developers left hanging around. I would help more but I am busy with a start up. A lot of the scripts posted here are written for .NET 2.0 and the core scripts have changed a lot. I will help when I can but my time is very limited as of late.

Long time player looking to spend my extra time learning how to script rather than playing the game as much.

RunUo is a wonderful source of information, and in the last 3 days I have already used the resources to install run uo, incorporate nerun's distro, add items, edit items, install custom objects from the art section successfully, create custom mobs, edit mobs, etc.

Scripting is coming easy to me, but I would like to have someone available so that I could avoid some issues that someone more experienced would be able to let me know. For example, for the last few days I have been doing all my scripting in RunUo 2.5. It turns out lots of the scripts I couldn't get to work were due to compatibility issues.

I wish I had known this a few days ago. Would someone be willing to take me under their wing as a resource as I continue in my adventure? The forum is great but some things just need to be discussed through teamspeak or something.

Thanks for the welcome, and if you are willing please shoot me a PM, thanks!

You are welcome any time on the Dragons Bane teamspeak if you have any questions. I'm sure Keldon or I could easily assist you with whatever issues you are having.