RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] HighSea's Galleon 2.1

No permission to download

KHzspeed

Sorceror
KHzspeed submitted a new resource:

HighSea's Galleon (version 2.0) - HighSea's, Galleon, Ships

A working Britgalleon ship.
This is basically a copy of the standard ships base system using the Galleon Multi, and a few extra added features.

-Gain access to the ships deck with use of the BoatRopes.
/Secure & Unlock ships ropes to grant passage using your shipkey.

-DockRopes can be used to disembark the ship.

---

Read more about this resource...

meeex

Sorceror
Thx nice

my problem i cannot Reacll or Gate on ships key can help me pls ?
he say me "i cannot recall from that object" or "i cannot gate travel from that object"

KHzspeed

Sorceror
Thx nice

my problem i cannot Reacll or Gate on ships key can help me pls ?
he say me "i cannot recall from that object" or "i cannot gate travel from that object"
why would you try recalling from the key?

Use the Keys to lock or Unlock the Ships rope "those two coils of ropes found on the sides of the ship".
Double click the rope to gain access to the ships deck.

KHzspeed

Sorceror
I wouldn't call it a milestone LoL, there's much work to be done. The only reason BritGalleon's used because it's the least broken ship of the four.
The photo posted below, being one of the greater issues at hand.
Anyone with some insight on why these multi's are missing parts to their construct please chime in.
This aspect leaves me stumped.

-Smooth movement, Ownership Regions "lock-down items", ship health & cannons. easy enough to complete, least of my concern.
-Client showing broken Multis, pwnes me.

Attachments

• Multi Ingame.png
    360.7 KB · Views: 134
  • What MultiID shows.png
    190.4 KB · Views: 117

KHzspeed

Sorceror
Update:
Converted all point2D locations to point3D. (to compensate for height differences between BritGalleon & TokunoGalleon).
Adding more ships (work in progress).

regnakhan

Sorceror
Thanks ! Great work !

I have no idea about the missing parts in the multis... Maybe adding them at the boat construction is a solution ? Of course, it will be hard to place them at the right spot.

Do you think you will add the cannons ?

Thx again !

Rek

Hellable

Wanderer
I wish to report a very strange bug, and my script team is baffled by why this is happening.

We use 7.0.10.3 to run RUNUO, and use 7.0.31.0 to run the CLIENT.

However on my testserver i am able to stay on the britgalleon, issue commands wherever i am on the ship, and it works as it should.
Now, tested and well, i have placed the package on my live server, which has exactly the same setup, ( note, the tokunogalleon works 100% on this live server )
but the problem lies with the Britgalleon, when i place it, using either [add britgalleon / britgalleondeed , most of the features work like they should, however when i try issueing commands whilest on the ship, the commands are not recieved by the tillerman, the only way i can issue a command to make the ship move, is to stand on either of the "Ship Rope tiles" , thus, the ship will move, YET, leaving me behind.. ( Also, i have tested [set canswim true/false , when i set canswim to true, i can move around on the BritGalleon, ( AND on the tokunoGalleon, however, when i set canswim to FALSE, i can no longer move on the BritGalleon ( walk around in any way ) , but i am still able to move around on the TOKUNO galleon, which is very strange, since the scripts have not thrown me any errors. Pointing out that my test server does not have issues, but my live server does have these issues, using the same platform, same clients, and nearly identical scripts.

I hope someone has a solution, to help not only myself, but for anyone in the future who encounters the same problem.
If our script team finds a solution we will post it on this board ASAP.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this!

KHzspeed

Sorceror
Hellable
I'm confused, is server 7.0.10- or 7.0.31- reproducing the problem?
I use 7.0.15 to operate my shard & base my code upon.

this vary well may be an issue with variations in your two servers SVN's.
HighSea's Galleon system used the Runuo boat files as the sub base. Any variations between the original boating system between SVN's, such as updates for smooth movement, or core edits to compensate for later Client updates, may cause an issue.

Regardless.
not to point the finger, but this sounds more to be an issue with your personal system differences and not the script its self. Either way, cross reference this system to the standard boat files on the server you're having problems with..

Hellable

Wanderer
Ok so when i solved the issue i would share the solution, which was quite simple in the end, upgraded the servers client to use 7.0.15 for RUNUO.

Implemented smooth movement as well. Works as it should, thanks for the support. Have a nice day!

OK...once I click on the deed I can place the boat. I can use the key to unlock the boat rope and get on the boat. The boat obeys all commands. The problem is getting off the boat and turning the boat back into a deed. If I use my admin I can place a dock rope and leave the boat....but that means i can only park the boat where dock ropes are. Also there will be tons of boats parked because you can't redeed them. Also I should be able to recall to the ship with the key by casting recall and clicking on the key. Am I doing something wrong? Is others having this problem?

KHzspeed

Sorceror
OK...once I click on the deed I can place the boat. I can use the key to unlock the boat rope and get on the boat. The boat obeys all commands. The problem is getting off the boat and turning the boat back into a deed. If I use my admin I can place a dock rope and leave the boat....but that means i can only park the boat where dock ropes are. Also there will be tons of boats parked because you can't redeed them. Also I should be able to recall to the ship with the key by casting recall and clicking on the key. Am I doing something wrong? Is others having this problem?

nope, you're not doing anything wrong at all.
ships were never setup to Redeed, nor were keys set to act as recallrunes. :/ "future idea's though, you are more than welcome to add this feature".
besides using dock-ropes, you can teleport off the ships.
The systems not perfect by any means.

I have a server, and my friend's daughter and my son are the only ones that know about it and play. But my friend is making a totally unique server. He can do anything as far as scripting goes and will probably add those features if I suggest it. If he does I will try to get him to post it.

meeex

Sorceror
Hello
Give a other way for teleport on ship ?
OnDoubleClick on ship key (from bag) to teleport BoatRope ?

KHzspeed

Sorceror
Does anyone know if there has been any further development on this project as of late?
haven't had time to. feel free to work or modify the system as you please.
Besides losing a bit of interest after struggling to complete the final HS ships multi files. The fact I cannot figure out against all of my efforts in modifying the Core to correct the broken ship graphics, and properly extend the ItemID range to recognize the missing tiles. I have lost motivation.

If someone would be so kind to assist me in my efforts, I might pickup where I left off. finalizing proper smooth moment, also having graphically functional HS ships.

KHzspeed

Sorceror
with that said,
It's entering winter season. If I am not at work, I'm wrenching on my truck or building my nissan's engine for track season next spring.
UO falls far back on my list of hobbies and things to-do. I don't expect much to happen with this for a wile.