RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] HighSea's Galleon 2.1

No permission to download

Macil

Sorceror
Sigh. Another script bites the dust. heh

My script guy, before he gave up on it as well - was making component tiles for the ships. Since all the tiles that are missing in each of the 4 ships are the tiles that actually do stuff (hold cannons, forges, anvils, holds, etc). I don't know how to script myself. But as I understood it, he was doing something along the lines of making one base file for all the ships that states directions and locations for each of the missing tiles that updated every time the ship rotated or moved. We did not use this system for the base though I believe (I no longer have the files). We simply used the old ships, and updated the 4 or 5 lines of code saying what multi to use. We didn't make entirely new files for the ships. I don't know if anyone can use any of this info - most likely not. But eh, what the heck?

Is there anyone out there that can finish this up? At least get it to a playable state?

Astharot_89

Sorceror
Found that script today, would have loved to found it before, but it was hockey season so no time for uo. Him still learning uo but i figured out how multi works. Does anybody have the multi images files seperated? just because i wish to add them to use the boat (they are not with the scripts) and than try to modify the script to add cannons and throw explosion potion ^^

In the meantime, i'll try to cut the images but i'm crappy at photoshop.

Thank you,

Ast

KHzspeed

Sorceror
The art work is already in. I am not home but will look for the ID number and post it.

The problem is not whether the artwork or ID numbers exist, it's painstakingly requiring the whole system rebuilt from ground up to function correctly.
each ship would require a independent system for each of their specific tile requirements. call me lazy, but I don't feel up to the task.
I know somewhere within the archived files somebody created a mobile/movable Multi system. which honestly if perfected to use these tiles would work much better.
This system is based on the current standing boat system, which is not compliant enough to function entirely with the new ships.

Did what I could to create a Drop-in quick an easy way to use one of the newer ships, with enough functionality not to break the game.

Astharot_89

Sorceror
Thank you guys for taking time to answer :) i wasn't sure if there were still some people around. Yes the real thing is that all the mullti file should be rebuilt to include the parts. It might be because i doesn't have the HS client?

kevin10

Sorceror
Yea, it's sort of a pain. You have to fill in all the tiles , and the system has to change the itemid everytime the galleon changes direction. The id's also change when the ship takes damage. Each ship component should have 12 different(britannian ship has 8) id's.

The problem is not whether the artwork or ID numbers exist, it's painstakingly requiring the whole system rebuilt from ground up to function correctly.
each ship would require a independent system for each of their specific tile requirements. call me lazy, but I don't feel up to the task.
I know somewhere within the archived files somebody created a mobile/movable Multi system. which honestly if perfected to use these tiles would work much better.
This system is based on the current standing boat system, which is not compliant enough to function entirely with the new ships.

Did what I could to create a Drop-in quick an easy way to use one of the newer ships, with enough functionality not to break the game.

A friend of mine fixed all the problems for me. I asked him if I could post it, but he said no that the scripting was to much of a mess. The Galleon works good (just like a normal ship) but the other ship ( I think it's Japanese ) is missing parts.

I do not have damage on ships. I just use it like a normal ship.

KHzspeed

Sorceror
Yea, it's sort of a pain. You have to fill in all the tiles , and the system has to change the itemid everytime the galleon changes direction. The id's also change when the ship takes damage. Each ship component should have 12 different(britannian ship has 8) id's.

Filling in each missing tile is not impossible, but would require a complete overhaul of the current boat/ship system.
as I mentioned, I created this using the existing boat script in Runuo. that said, each of the old boats tile layouts were the same dimensions with small tweaks of distance from origin point. The problem I am faced with getting the other three Ships to work along side the Galleon ship, they each have a different amount of required tiles. I could try and add calls such as "If it's this ship ____ set ____ x,y,z" but again, that would require a full change to the existing system to even make work properly. I can rest knowing I know exactly what needs to be done to make this work, it's getting to a point of making it happen. Runuo is not a top life priority at this moment.

joshw

Sorceror
Working on this a bit more I had many years ago created a damageable ships with cannons im reading up on how these new ships work. once I get most of the compents done ill post what I have done. The one thing I will need help with is the movement using the naugtical wheel like on OSI the cannons and item ids for damaged vessels is in.

joshw

Sorceror
Ok big problem im seeing so far is that the Holds, Nautical Wheels and othe aspects aren't going to be the same unless you create a basegalleon for each one with its own respectiuve part. Unless you can call out which galleon this should go to..

The ipen area on the sides are set aside for tiles called weapon pads also the brit galleon has two spots for addons according to osi. the open spots do have tiles for the weapon pad art. no need to find away to switch these images to new tiles which represent cannons there are 3 different types of cannon tile art a 4 poundcannon a 8 poud cannon and a 18 pound cannon.