RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I freeze statics?

irro

Page
Ill talk with Ryan and the Runuo team about that. Right now post it in the suggestions forum.

Ill also speak with a guy I know and see if we can script something to that effect.

Hi there all can anyone help me i have UO-Samurai Empire.
and i found all the files but 1.
VerData.mul

--------------
i have

vercfg.cfg - vercfg.cfg
Verinfo - A file
Version - A DAT file
Version.txt

thanks you all for any help. :)

hi there, what is the worst that would happen if i did that and its not right. and also how do i no, if it is not working right not having this file in.
thanks all. :D

hi there all. i wanted to ask what i do about the / do i take it out. i no it says just put all of it in i make it into a .cs file. may i ask for a .cs file of it. as i may have done the wrong encoding for it. lol
Code:
/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
		 * or wish the server to use a seperate set of datafiles,
		 * change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
		 * private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";
		 */
		private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";

/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:

also i did every thing put things in there place. and loaded the server it didnt come up with any probs on the server program.
but when i loaded my cliant. i put in my password and clicked my name, then when it said ''Logging into world'' to open the window paperdoll ect.
there was nothing it was my desktop. i could hear the UO muic, but that was all. so i took out the folder with the maps in it and deleted them moved the RunUO back into c:\ and tryed again it was still the same. i've looked in the UOse folder and all the files i took i are there still. as i just copyed them, so i loaded up UOG and went on a shard on the shard list and it was fine, so i tryed it again and it was the same no window, but music on my test shard. thanks all. i hope i get it sorted. thanks :)

irro

Page
Try going into the UO dir/Desktop folder and find the folder thats for your account on your test shard. Delete it.

Hopefully that works

thanks there so much that worked.
also if i do a test freeze on the text shard.
how will i no its worked. ie i think i understand that any freezing. it updates my Mapdif files. how will i find out that it hasnt overrided my uo-se folder instead of the files in my C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files folder.
im still not sure if i need VerData.mul as i dont no what would happen if i do need it. it loads the world ok. but it might be loading the uo-se files.
i have, vercfg.cfg - Verinfo - Version - Version.txt.

Code:
public class DataPath
	{
		/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
		 * or wish the server to use a seperate set of datafiles,
		 * change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
		 * private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";
		 */
		private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";

/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:
		 * Multi.idx
		 * Multi.mul
		 * VerData.mul
		 * TileData.mul
		 * Map*.mul
		 * StaIdx*.mul
		 * Statics*.mul
		 * MapDif*.mul
		 * MapDifL*.mul
		 * StaDif*.mul
		 * StaDifL*.mul
		 * StaDifI*.mul
		 */

any other help would be appreciated. :)

irro

Page
Runuo does not edit the mapdifs right now. V 1.0.0
It updates the map and the static files

If the data file is set to use the new data directory it will not overide.

If the data file is set to use the new data directory it will not overide.

i dont understand, what this means sorry.

also for a test i took out the folder with the maps in. and moved it and loaded runuo. but when it loads it still loads the world.
i fort this isnt ment to be like this. as i dont want to over ride my UO-SE folder.
thanks to all. :)

Marine_3038

Wanderer
ok to the orginal poster to answer your question in plain english type [admin this will bring up a menu. Scroll through the menu nd freeze statics will be on it somewere in it.

hi there all, ive freezed tram, i also have a hue file i want to use in as a patch, do i add both in one patch. say called Patch1.rar
i dont no wheather to use zip or rar, also when i put the files in downlaods on my shards website, do i add in UOG the address and /Patch1.rar.
and also i want to be able to add things to the town, ie: carpets. but i member when i setup Pans-Box it asked if the server uses custom makes. how do i set that up as i guess that will have to be set up.
thansk allfor the sopport. :)

irro

Page
You need to use Rar files.

If you dont use a totaly new map click no.

If you do... just click yes and follow the steps

ok. do i have to keep the names. as Pans-box comes up with a list of maps. ive frezzed fel and tram. so do i keep then as the same name.
thanks again.
also whats the best way to host my patch.