RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I freeze statics?

irro

Page
How do I freeze statics?

So you have built something that you want to add the the clients static files? There are a few ways to do this, but I will describe the way that I use.

First you we will be using Runuo version 1.0.0
Make sure its installed to C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\
In your Runuo dir make a new folder called "Data Files"
Now you need to goto your UO Directory can copy all these files into the new "Data Files" folder you just created

• Multi.idx
    Multi.mul
    VerData.mul
    TileData.mul
    Map*.mul
    StaIdx*.mul
    Statics*.mul
    MapDif*.mul
    MapDifL*.mul
    StaDif*.mul
    StaDifL*.mul
    StaDifI*.mul
Now files with * like map*.mul can have upto four different files you have to copy. If you have Samurai Empire Theyre are 4 files, map0.mul map2.mul map3.mul and map4.mul and the same with the rest. If you have Age of Shadows it goes upto map 3.mul
Make sure they are copied to C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files\

Now in the \Scripts\Misc Folder There is a file called "Datapath.cs" open it.
Now replace everything in the file with this:

Code:
using System;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Win32;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	public class DataPath
	{
		/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
		 * or wish the server to use a seperate set of datafiles,
		 * change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
		 * private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";
		 */
		private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";

/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:
		 * Multi.idx
		 * Multi.mul
		 * VerData.mul
		 * TileData.mul
		 * Map*.mul
		 * StaIdx*.mul
		 * Statics*.mul
		 * MapDif*.mul
		 * MapDifL*.mul
		 * StaDif*.mul
		 * StaDifL*.mul
		 * StaDifI*.mul
		 */

public static void Configure()
		{
			string pathReg = GetExePath( "Ultima Online" );
			string pathTD = GetExePath( "Ultima Online Third Dawn" );

if ( CustomPath != null )
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( CustomPath );

if ( pathReg != null )
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathReg );

if ( pathTD != null )
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathTD );

if ( Core.DataDirectories.Count == 0 )
			{
				Console.WriteLine( "Enter the Ultima Online directory:" );
				Console.Write( "> " );

Core.DataDirectories.Add( Console.ReadLine() );
			}
		}

private static string GetExePath( string subName )
		{
			try
			{
				using ( RegistryKey key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey( String.Format( @"SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\{0}\1.0", subName ) ) )
				{
					if ( key == null )
						return null;

string v = key.GetValue( "ExePath" ) as string;

if ( v == null || v.Length <= 0 )
						return null;

if ( !File.Exists( v ) )
						return null;

v = Path.GetDirectoryName( v );

if ( v == null )
						return null;

return v;
				}
			}
			catch
			{
				return null;
			}
		}
	}
}

OK, now restart runuo and start UO, then log in to your administrative account. Go to what you want to freeze and use the [freeze command and select everything you want frozen. When the Dialog menu comes up click "OK".

Now go into the "Data Files" folder and copy the correct files

If you froze items in trammel or felucca it will be:
StaIdx0.mul
Statics0.mul
If you froze items in Ishnier it will be:
StaIdx2.mul
Statics2.mul
If you froze items in Malas it will be:
StaIdx3.mul
Statics3.mul
If you froze items in Tokuno it will be:
StaIdx4.mul
Statics4.mul

Now you will need to distribe these files to everyone that plays your server.

(Note: you should only do this if the server is on a local machine)

Okay, I must be doing something wrong. I have copied all of the above files and created a folder for Data FIles - I also copied all the changes for the datapatch.cs but when i do [freezemap it still says I must be sharing files.

1 - I dont have a datapatch.cs as it says in the tutorial I only have datapath.cs - I assumed it was meant to be Datapath so thats where I copied the file to.

2 - I dont have a verdata.mul file in my Uo directory should I create an empty cs file for that and place it in the file anyway?

3 - My comp says I am running on low disk space - is it the 70k items in my world causing this?

1. You're right, it's datapath.cs

2. Verdata.mul is an old format which is not used anymore in the later clients, no need for it unless someone wants to distribute an old client to their players

3. After adding 70k items and saving a few times, my saves and backups folders were only about 13 meg total so it shouldn't be that

Check the custom directory name in datapath.cs is exactly right for you, if it isn't it defaults to your UO directory again from what I can tell.

matchstick

Sorceror
i made a custom area and froze it. then I transfered the stat*.mul files to my uo dir, and i can see the area in the world, but i cant tele to it, walk on it, or anything. any help appreciated, thanks.

Phantom

Knight
matchstick said:
i made a custom area and froze it. then I transfered the stat*.mul files to my uo dir, and i can see the area in the world, but i cant tele to it, walk on it, or anything. any help appreciated, thanks.

Are you sure you transfered the modified mul?

For that matter are you sure you even froze the objects...

matchstick

Sorceror
yes i froze the whole map, and then i transfered the files over to my uo dir. i can see the area that i made (which disappered when i froze it, but i just cant use it for anything

Phantom

Knight
matchstick said:
yes i froze the whole map, and then i transfered the files over to my uo dir. i can see the area that i made (which disappered when i froze it, but i just cant use it for anything

Try overwritting all the files in your UO directory with the ones found in your Datapath.

devilman

Wanderer
ok... i got the freezing done and now i need to know a good place to host my patches from... please tell me a good one if you can (and im not sure if i should post this here sorry if its the wrong place)

Necrotecha

Wanderer
i tried this and now wheneevr i log into my shard i get the "could not connect to ultima online, please try aain in a few moments", my server is up, my Ip is correct i dont know why im getting this.

irro

Page
Necrotecha said:
i tried this and now wheneevr i log into my shard i get the "could not connect to ultima online, please try aain in a few moments", my server is up, my Ip is correct i dont know why im getting this.

Thats a totaly random error for this...

You can try adding the oringal files back into UO. Then creating a local server listing in UOG, and adding the new patches in for the server.

The Noob

Wanderer
Should this happen?

Hello,
I created some of my own areas ingame and succesfully froze them. I just realized, however, that my frozen areas appeared in both Trammel and Felucca. The ones on the facet opposite of the area I froze appear different and are not the way they should be. The tiles are un-wipable, un-deletable, and cannot be unfrozen. Is this suppose to happen? If not, is there any way to stop it?

Thanks

bzk90

Lord
trammel and felucca are mirror images, minus a bit different decoration for trees and grave stones

what you do to one is done to the other, there is a way to seperate the 2 maps and its been done before by 1 person that i know of, but that is something i dont intend on covering

irro

Page
The Noob said:
Hello,
I created some of my own areas ingame and succesfully froze them. I just realized, however, that my frozen areas appeared in both Trammel and Felucca. The ones on the facet opposite of the area I froze appear different and are not the way they should be. The tiles are un-wipable, un-deletable, and cannot be unfrozen. Is this suppose to happen? If not, is there any way to stop it?

Thanks

What you need to do is to take out what you added, in the facet that you added it in.

Then use punts worldforge to add it to the mapDIFFS. Then distribute the mapdif files.

map0diffs for felucca
map1diffs for trammel