RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I freeze statics?

irro

Page
WonderlandADnc said:
ok. do i have to keep the names. as Pans-box comes up with a list of maps. ive frezzed fel and tram. so do i keep then as the same name.
thanks again.
also whats the best way to host my patch.

If you just froze new items on fel/tram you do not need to use custom maps. Just tell pandoras box "no my shard does not use custom maps" Just do that and you will see that everything will be fine.

ok thanks. i no this sounds funny. as i said to someone to find someone who hosts files. ect. but ive tryed loads but none seem to patch my uo. it says faid to open rar. i no its not the rar file as i can down load it from the sites, and open em. and get m8s to download them on there pc;s and put this files into the uo folder. i want to say i did get them to zip up the old files. just as i test i wanted now there fine as it worked. but as soon as i put the link in uog it dont work. it starts to but hangs. lol
thanks again, for all the help. and anymore u can give me. lol

irro

Page
Sorry it took me awhile to reply... been busy

You might want ot try putting everything in seperate rar files. that usualy fixes the problem

hi there. ive been trying to just patch the hue file. i add it to Yahoo briefcase and made my files public. as i guess it wont send the files over. i then copyed the file link. i also called it patch1.rar if i add the link to expoler it comes up asking if i want to download. it
but i add it to uog and it says.
unable to download from url.
what am i doing wrong.

ok ive got it sorted out now. thanks all for the help:)

also 1 more queston, i have built static houses in tram and fell. do i have to go to tram and do freeze there. and then goto fell to freeze there also. thanks all.

mehla

Sorceror
How odd....

I followed these directions exacaly, however when I distribute only staidxo.mul and statics0.mul to my players, it patches both Trammel and Felucca even though the area I created was only Trammel.

I'm not complaining, but how the hell did it do that?

-Mehla

irro

Page
Those files control both tram and fel. Currently there is no way to patch the dif files that seperate tram and fel with runuo. The only efficent tool that I know of is Punts World Forge over at Orbsydia.com

Remember, the dif's with 0 work with fel and the difs with 1 work with tram

P

PoolMan

I froze a section of ilsh. do I only need to patch these 2 files StaIdx2.mul
Statics2.mul ? ? or do i need to patch all the ones with 2,s ?

P

PoolMan

Has anyone tried to freeze in Haven ? It shows up in Ocolla but not Haven.
I understand both maps are the 0's and what you freeze in Tram will show in Fel too. But why is nothing showing up in Haven?

Mctetly

Wanderer
Places to host .rar

I have seen a lot people asking where to host there patch files i have just found out about windows having it's own ftp server built in and you can use that, as the machine your shard server is running it will be in the background.

Hope this helps people as i now can have all the control of what files go in for patching on my own shard and not be reliant on someone else to copy and place the files for me.

Now to my Question I am afraid i am no good at scripting and have looked at the Datapath.cs and compaired it to the one given on this thread and as blind as i am i can't see the diference, should i tell the datapath to use the files copied from ML where it says (third dawn).

I remeber trying this before but it was so long agao i have forgotten what i did..

Any idiot style explanation would be very good for me or even a step by step pictorial of what i should do ( i.e a dtatpath with the correct bit's in it but blank's or stars ****** to show where i put my personal shard info).

I know iknow i am likely to get flamed shouted down and told this is not the right place for this and all the other stuff but i am still learning and started off by helping i hope.......

Thanks for any help i advance from Mctetly

matteo

Wanderer
I dont Get it do i make a New Folder in the scripts then i go in Program files/uosamerai then i get the items u told me to get and i copy them into data files then editw at u sed in the code in datapath.cs?

WireUnit-GYS

Wanderer
dont get it

i dont know how to get it so it even freezes in the first place can one of you make a post of the complete instructions from step 1 to step whatever, when i go to[admin and freeze it it says somthin about it cant be froze.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
ugg..

Ok, so I read the instructions on the first post, and when I [freeze objects on tram these two files get modified:

staidx0.mul
statics0.mul

then I load up UOG, and manually add the two files.

I then launch a client, and go to the area when the objects should be, but I dont see anything. I also can't walk where the objects are, its like they are their but invisible.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

mcifaldi

Wanderer
irro said:
So you have built something that you want to add the the clients static files? There are a few ways to do this, but I will describe the way that I use.

First you we will be using Runuo version 1.0.0
Make sure its installed to C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\
In your Runuo dir make a new folder called "Data Files"
Now you need to goto your UO Directory can copy all these files into the new "Data Files" folder you just created

• Multi.idx
    Multi.mul
    VerData.mul
    TileData.mul
    Map*.mul
    StaIdx*.mul
    Statics*.mul
    MapDif*.mul
    MapDifL*.mul
    StaDif*.mul
    StaDifL*.mul
    StaDifI*.mul
Now files with * like map*.mul can have upto four different files you have to copy. If you have Samurai Empire Theyre are 4 files, map0.mul map2.mul map3.mul and map4.mul and the same with the rest. If you have Age of Shadows it goes upto map 3.mul
Make sure they are copied to C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files\

Now in the \Scripts\Misc Folder There is a file called "Datapath.cs" open it.
Now replace everything in the file with this:

Code:
using System;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Win32;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	public class DataPath
	{
		/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
		 * or wish the server to use a seperate set of datafiles,
		 * change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
		 * private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";
		 */
		private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\RunUO Software Team\RunUO 1.0\Data Files";

/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:
		 * Multi.idx
		 * Multi.mul
		 * VerData.mul
		 * TileData.mul
		 * Map*.mul
		 * StaIdx*.mul
		 * Statics*.mul
		 * MapDif*.mul
		 * MapDifL*.mul
		 * StaDif*.mul
		 * StaDifL*.mul
		 * StaDifI*.mul
		 */

public static void Configure()
		{
			string pathReg = GetExePath( "Ultima Online" );
			string pathTD = GetExePath( "Ultima Online Third Dawn" );

if ( CustomPath != null )
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( CustomPath );

if ( pathReg != null )
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathReg );

if ( pathTD != null )
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathTD );

if ( Core.DataDirectories.Count == 0 )
			{
				Console.WriteLine( "Enter the Ultima Online directory:" );
				Console.Write( "> " );

Core.DataDirectories.Add( Console.ReadLine() );
			}
		}

private static string GetExePath( string subName )
		{
			try
			{
				using ( RegistryKey key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey( String.Format( @"SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\{0}\1.0", subName ) ) )
				{
					if ( key == null )
						return null;

string v = key.GetValue( "ExePath" ) as string;

if ( v == null || v.Length <= 0 )
						return null;

if ( !File.Exists( v ) )
						return null;

v = Path.GetDirectoryName( v );

if ( v == null )
						return null;

return v;
				}
			}
			catch
			{
				return null;
			}
		}
	}
}

OK, now restart runuo and start UO, then log in to your administrative account. Go to what you want to freeze and use the [freeze command and select everything you want frozen. When the Dialog menu comes up click "OK".

Now go into the "Data Files" folder and copy the correct files

If you froze items in trammel or felucca it will be:
StaIdx0.mul
Statics0.mul
If you froze items in Ishnier it will be:
StaIdx2.mul
Statics2.mul
If you froze items in Malas it will be:
StaIdx3.mul
Statics3.mul
If you froze items in Tokuno it will be:
StaIdx4.mul
Statics4.mul

Now you will need to distribe these files to everyone that plays your server.

(Note: you should only do this if the server is on a local machine)

Ive tried seaching for some of these file using windows explorer and im not finding most of them I have 8th age are the file diffrent? Im new at this and im willing to learn how could some one please help me out. Thanks in advance Matt

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
i'm not sure which files are for the 8th age, but the location should be something like this:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\XXXX

LessZoa

Wanderer
mcifaldi

The actual directory for your files with 8th Age is...

C:\ProgramFiles\EA Games\Ultima Online The Eighth Age

All the files are located in that directory.

The actual files to copy are...
map0.mul
map2.mul
map3.mul
map4.mul
mapdif0.mul
mapdif1.mul
mapdif2.mul
mapdifl0.mul
mapdifl1.mul
mapdifl2.mul
multi.idx
multi.mul
stadif0.mul
stadif2.mul
stadifi0.mul
stadifi1.mul
stadifi2.mul
stadifl0.mul
stadifl1.mul
stadifl2.mul
staidx0.mul
staidx2.mul
staidx3.mul
staidx4.mul
statics0.mul
statics2.mul
statics3.mul
statics4.mul
tiledata.mul

The file verdata.mul is not used since UO SE (Samurai Empire) so you can just ignore that file.

If you create a new hue table, then you also wanna copy the hues.mul file.