RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to have clients update before connection

jargo2000

Sorceror
I did this long ago but now I forget how. I know when I freeze the map it changes the mapX.mul files. After this, how to i make it so my players can add those updated map files? BTW we are all using client 7.0.34.15.

Thanks.

rmacham

Sorceror
You have to distribute those files to your players. This used to be done using UOGateway and ConnectUO, however it now has to be done manually, or a system must be written for auto-updates.

I'm currently writing a system, whether I release it or not though for free depends on the overall quality and how happy I am with it once its' complete.

jargo2000

Sorceror
You have to distribute those files to your players. This used to be done using UOGateway and ConnectUO, however it now has to be done manually, or a system must be written for auto-updates.

I'm currently writing a system, whether I release it or not though for free depends on the overall quality and how happy I am with it once its' complete.

Damn, that sucks it cant me done automatically anymore. Oh well. Hope to see that program of yours released for use. Thanks for the info....