RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to use Cliloc Editor?

Eri

Wanderer
How to use Cliloc Editor?

I have downloaded Cliloc Editor, but I'm not so sure how to use it. Can somebody give me step by step explanation ? From what to open to how to save translated text that I could see results in the game. I'll be very grateful for any help.

Eri

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
what program? I've never heard of this "Cliloc Editor"

It's a program to open cliloc files in UO. Cliloc files contains all texts from UO, Cliloc Editor helps to translate these files to other languages. And the problem is that I don't know wich file to open and how to save the changes...

Eri said:
It's a program to open cliloc files in UO. Cliloc files contains all texts from UO, Cliloc Editor helps to translate these files to other languages. And the problem is that I don't know wich file to open and how to save the changes...

still don't know what program you're talking about....

Eri

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev said:
still don't know what program you're talking about....

I haven't posted this to explain others what Cliloc Editor is, but to know how it works! So if you don't even know what it is why you are posting here?!

Waverian

Wanderer
Eri said:
I haven't posted this to explain others what Cliloc Editor is, but to know how it works! So if you don't even know what it is why you are posting here?!

Not all cliloc editing programs work identically, so it's often necessary to know which specifically named program you're using, as to provide most on-topic help.

Is it UO Localization? Only Cliloc editor that comes to mind (granted I'm sure countless other exists).

If it is.. I've got an.. ahem.. random feeling that TheOutkastDev has some input. :rolleyes:

Eri

Wanderer
Waverian said:

Not all cliloc editing programs work identically, so it's often necessary to know which specifically named program you're using, as to provide most on-topic help.

Is it UO Localization? Only Cliloc editor that comes to mind (granted I'm sure countless other exists).

If it is.. I've got an.. ahem.. random feeling that TheOutkastDev has some input. :rolleyes:

Well... I have UO Localization and Cliloc Editor... It is named only Cliloc Editor, nothing else. I just want to translate UO. I have downloaded Cliloc Editor from here: http://uodreams.gamesnet.it/ClilocE...lilocEditor.zip. And I don't know how to use both programs...

Phenos

Wanderer
That is an old version.
I suggest you to use the newest one you can download here: http://www.uodreams.com/ClilocEditor/ClilocEditor2.zip

Translating can be done through these steps, in v2:
1. Select File-Open.
2. Check the "new" checkbox and click on "Next".
3. Select the cliloc.enu file and click on "Ok".
4. Double-click on the strings you wish to edit, insert the translation into the textbox and click on "Ok".
5. When you're done select File-Save As and save it as cliloc.xxx (xxx is the languange you translated to).

Eri

Wanderer
Phenos said:
That is an old version.
I suggest you to use the newest one you can download here: http://www.uodreams.com/ClilocEditor/ClilocEditor2.zip

Translating can be done through these steps, in v2:
1. Select File-Open.
2. Check the "new" checkbox and click on "Next".
3. Select the cliloc.enu file and click on "Ok".
4. Double-click on the strings you wish to edit, insert the translation into the textbox and click on "Ok".
5. When you're done select File-Save As and save it as cliloc.xxx (xxx is the languange you translated to).

I have done as you said and... Now I have "error (Mega Cliloc)" everywhere :eek: . Did I made a mistake or something...? :confused: Oh and when I'm changing in Cliloc Editor there is an error in it: "An unhandled exeption has occured in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will be shut immadiately. Out of memory." And when I saved changed file to cliloc.enu (I haven't translated all, only one sentence) it saved ONLY that sentence...

Phenos

Wanderer
You must not save on cliloc.enu, but on another file (cliloc.xxx with xxx that is the language you translated to... *not enu*).
If you want to edit cliloc.enu you have to select it as the file you want to edit (first window in the File-Open wizard), and "none" as base cliloc (second window).

Anyway if you have overwritten cliloc.enu I'm afraid you have to recover it from someone, as Ultima Online needs that file to work.

Eri

Wanderer
Phenos said:
You must not save on cliloc.enu, but on another file (cliloc.xxx with xxx that is the language you translated to... *not enu*).
If you want to edit cliloc.enu you have to select it as the file you want to edit (first window in the File-Open wizard), and "none" as base cliloc (second window).

Anyway if you have overwritten cliloc.enu I'm afraid you have to recover it from someone, as Ultima Online needs that file to work.

I have a copy, so it's ok. But do UO will know to use my language? How can I set in UO to use Cliloc.xxx?

Phenos

Wanderer
UO will automatically use the appropriate cliloc (obtained from the language of your operative system I suppose).

If it's not found, it will use cliloc.enu as the default.
Moreover it will use cliloc.enu for every string that is not translated (so this is the reason why Cliloc Editor only saves edited strings on cliloc.xxx).

Eri

Wanderer
Phenos said:
UO will automatically use the appropriate cliloc (obtained from the language of your operative system I suppose).

If it's not found, it will use cliloc.enu as the default.
Moreover it will use cliloc.enu for every string that is not translated (so this is the reason why Cliloc Editor only saves edited strings on cliloc.xxx).

Sounds nice and easy, but it isn't in reality. Because UO don't recognise my Windows language I guess. I have Polish windows and in langcode.iff in UO I have found a line: "Polish Poland CODE PTB p" So I have named" Cliloc.ptb", but nothing has changed... So I really don't know what to do next... I'm lunching UO by UOGateway to connect to my shard... Maybe UO needs to be lanched by something else to recognise system language? Or maybe I can set manualy main language to Polish?

Phenos

Wanderer
I'm afraid I can't be a great help, as I don't exactly know how it works.

I use an Italian version of Windows, and saving the file as cliloc.ita works fine to me without doing anything else...

Eri

Wanderer
Phenos said:
I'm afraid I can't be a great help, as I don't exactly know how it works.

I use an Italian version of Windows, and saving the file as cliloc.ita works fine to me without doing anything else...

Thanks anyway Phenos for all your attention :). I will search more and maybe someday... This topic is still actual... And if somebody know how to set it manualy or something to get it work please write.

Phenos

Wanderer
You may still avoid the problem editing cliloc.enu itself.

To do so just select it in the first window of File-Open, and check none in the second window, then save the file as cliloc.enu.
This should work in any case, even if it doesn't actually use the multi-languages support built in UO.

Site

Wanderer
Hi

You must name the file cliloc.plk if you want uo to recognize it as polish. I have done that and it works. Now Im translating client reports, item and mobiles names. I can send it to you when Im done, I think it will be about tomorrow.
Now my problem is to translate speech keywords, possibly without writing totally new scripts, because it will be little hard to me.

Siema

Musisz nazwac plik cliloc.plk jezeli chesz zeby uo rozpoznalo go jako polski. Zrobilem tak i dziala. tlumacze wlasnie komunikaty kiljenta i nazwy itemow i mobkow. Moge ci to wyslac jak skoncze, co mysle ze nastapi jutro.
Teraz mysle jak przetlumaczyc speech keywords, najlepiej bez pisania calkowicie nowych skryptow, bo to by bylo dla mnie troszke trudne.

Jak nazywa sie twoj shard??
Site

Anvil

Wanderer
Is it possible to add in new lines of text rather then editing existing ones? I'm using the ChilocEditor v2 as well.

Anvil

Phenos

Wanderer
Anvil said:
Is it possible to add in new lines of text rather then editing existing ones? I'm using the ChilocEditor v2 as well.
You can select View - View all from the menu, and just use one of the many unused empty strings available.