RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HS Boat movement / Maps

haazen

Sorceror
With the new HS smooth boat movement, none of the 3rd party support maps update your position until you wrap on the map edges or you stop near land and get off the boat.

This tells me Razor Positioning System, UO Auto Map and UO Cartography do not catch the new HS boat movement packets. Packets are over my head.

Question: Is there a packet we can add to the Move method in BaseBoat.cs that will not screw up the new movement but will update the players position that all these programs will catch? Notes in the script talks about new packet 0xF7 and old being 0xF3? Do we need to send 0xF3 for the Player driving the boat?? I am totally guessing.

Thanks for reading.

_Epila_

Sorceror
Razor watches for 0x97 packet (Maybe there are another packets it watches) to handle the player movement, the new boat movement does not send any of the older packets that is used to handle the player movement.
If you send any additional packet related to player's movement you may unsync them with the server and/or screw the new movement anim.

Your best option IMO is to wait for Razor update how their movement sync works
Don't know about UOSteam, if it does not handle the new movement, it will never :(

haazen

Sorceror
Thanks for your response. Waiting is best. Maybe this post will alert the folks that can fix affected programs.