RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I backed Shroud of the Avatar

spiritnhonor

Wanderer
Yes I backed SotA at the Knight's Level. I'm an early founder and have been very active in the community. I would like to warn people in this community to watch out for SotA because it is a very different game than UO, and the current designs for the combat and PvP systems are very flawed in my opinion. PvP will be incentive based, and have skills and items like World of Warcraft.

There was about a year's worth of PvP threads on the community and they ignored those threads and made PvP specific items, and PvP specific skills (like WoW). So if anybody is thinking about backing SotA because they are hoping for a UO2.... PLEASE READ THE SOTA FORUMS FIRST AND MAKE SURE YOU REALLY REALLY WANT TO PLEDGE.

PS. I posted this here because I got an email from RUNUO telling people to go support SotA... READ THE FORUMS... READ THE FORUMS. SotA is still in development. If anything join the forums and give your feedback and wait on pledging for this game until you know for sure it's for you.

Dian

Sorceror
For lack of time to search this out, how are people getting into the alpha/beta game for testing?

LithosZA

Sorceror
I checked out some videos on YouTube and so far I am not liking what I am seeing. I would love it if they kept movement only on one map and remove that fast travel map.
That was the biggest game breaker for me.

corytoneill

Sorceror
Richard Garriot is the man! I haven't pledged, but I can't wait for the game to come out and experience some awesome pvp

Blackstorm

Sorceror
I backed it because RG made some great games in the past (especially UO) i had a lot of fun with.

I know it will not be a Ultima Online, and i am not sure if the game will be the game i want to Play, but hey the fun i had with UO is worth it (and i get a crossbow in StarCitizen as bonus)

spiritnhonor

Wanderer
Richard Garriot is the man! I haven't pledged, but I can't wait for the game to come out and experience some awesome pvp

Well I recommend you join the SotA community at https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php

Please share your ideas about PvP and combat so that they build a game that does have good PvP and combat. As it stands it doesn't appear to be the case yet.

I encourage everybody who is interested in the project even the slightest bit to go share your opinions on their forum. Supposedly they are listening to everything being posted. If you are hoping for SotA to do well then they need your feedback, BADLY.

tindo

Sorceror
For lack of time to search this out, how are people getting into the alpha/beta game for testing?

You have to pledge to get into Alpha testing, and even then you are only allowed in on certain dates and times.

Mata

Squire
26. Juni 2014 - Release 7 Zugang
  • Release 7 wird für unsere Hintermänner zu spielen beginnen um 10:30 Uhr CST, 26. Juni verfügbar sein, bis 22.00 Uhr CST, den 29. Juni.

wieganka

Sorceror
I just gave in and pledged, I only did it at the $55 level (No way in hell I could shell out the $800 for the Knight pledge, I think my wife would kill me)...but still, I cannot wait until this is available. The game has raised over $4 million already. Nice!

Mata

Squire
Release 8 access for all backers at First Responder level and above begins this Thursday, July 24 at 10:30 AM Central Time. Release 8 access will end on Monday, July 28 at 10:00 AM Central Time. Starting today, you can begin installing and patching (see instructions below), but login will not be enabled until Thursday morning.