RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Invasion System

Tru

Knight
This is an Incomplete Invasion System.
I did not write these scripts...they were given to me a number of years back by one of the older members (whos name is eluding me).

I have added a number of other scripts to make this even more dynamic, they are;
BaseSpecialCreature by Kenko http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-2-0-rc1-basespecialcreature.75708/
Mobile Features by to old to remember (added to BaseSpecialCreature instead of BaseCreature)
BaseSubChamps by soldierfortune http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/sub-champions.41937/#post-299952
Metal Assemblies by to old to remember
A few different Pirates including the Chasing Pirates (plan on invading a dock town with pirates).
Lootable Trash Piles by David http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/2-0-svn-lootable-trash-piles.95281/
Couple Versions of Lord BlackThorn

Add scripts (no distro edits), restart shard, command "[invasion" brings up gump

You can invade Britain (with Metal Assemblies and Blackthorn), Cove (with Orcs) and Minoc (with Jukas) those are the only complete invasions. Of course you can change the creatures (its the locations that take the most time).
I'm hoping with a little community input the rest of the cities can be completed.
This works for all Facets. All you have to do is start the invasion and when the SubChamp is beaten it ends the invasion for that city.

Should work on any version (tested on 2.2 and 2.3)

Attachments

• Invasion System.zip
    159.5 KB · Views: 169

MrNice

Squire
Great! Picking through it right now. 1 thing I did note : Only with some of the felucca invasions does it disable the guards in the towns.

MrNice

Squire
Huge error: If you create dons ship you will lose connection and server says "to much data pending"

Tru

Knight
Hmm ill remove dons stuff since I hadnt actually used it yet

As for the Guarded regions I did say it was incomplete...but it was just sitting around being useless.

Tru

Knight
On a previous shard I had GD13's effects system tied in as well as the chance for (GD13) sickness (ie from trash piles....or just a plain ole stinking orc). But I'm in the process of an upgrade so those have been stripped out for the moment.

fcondon

Sorceror
This sounds pretty awesome. Looking forward to getting to play with it. Mr Nice, anything you fix could you please share as well?

bazspeed

Sorceror
It works fine on my SVN

Also, it seems very small invasion, can we beef up the amount of invasion?

Also do you need to place the Invasion Stones?

Tru

Knight
No need to place anything you just start the invasion with the gump. Open the files and beef up the invasions

bazspeed

Sorceror
So what is the stones for?

How can I beef up the invasion for Britain? One player easily took the invasion. I want a massive amount.

And I love it. Do you have a time frame on the next town invasions? Is there anything I can help with?

Tru

Knight
So what is the stones for?

How can I beef up the invasion for Britain? One player easily took the invasion. I want a massive amount.

And I love it. Do you have a time frame on the next town invasions? Is there anything I can help with?

Open the StartStopBrit file and beef it up. I realeased this in hopes that members of the community could help populate the invasions. The stones are hidden and placed when you start an invasion (they are spawnerpoints and waypoints).

bazspeed

Sorceror
Open the StartStopBrit file and beef it up. I realeased this in hopes that members of the community could help populate the invasions. The stones are hidden and placed when you start an invasion (they are spawnerpoints and waypoints).

Thnx, which part of the stop start do you change ?? Spawner spawner6 = new Spawner( 3, 5, 15, 0, 10, "Overseer" );

m309

Squire
I would imagine (without using this or checking in the files) you would just add more spawner entries for more mobs, and change Overseer to whatever the other mobs are you would like to spawn with that particular invasion. There should be a map coordinate for placing the spawner too, make sure you change it so its not sitting atop another spawner, they're rather hard to click later that way.

Edit: After looking, you'll also want to change the spawner number IE - spawner[X]

Mortis

Knight
Still Incomplete?

Ha ha. I never finished it either. I should if I had the time.

Thanks Tru for doing more than I did with it throughout the years.

If any one is interested. I have attached the original I gave to Tru. I did some work on it. But I would have to go get an old computer out of the closet and set it up to have a more completed version. Maybe one day this week I will.

Attachments

• Invasion System [Incomplete for testing].rar
    55.1 KB · Views: 17
do you think it would be possible to make a sort of random siege system with this? admins can start it, and an army is created just outside the city, and the players are called to aid in defense?

If so, i do have a few questions. does this system have the capability of having two different groups (enemy/ally) spawned?
Where in the script would i change what and where it spawns?
Thanks for any help