RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its all fun and games...

Icescythe

Traveler
Until the trees attack. But the problem with that is... No trees! Anywhere! Not even a forest!

http://www.uo-pixel.de/map/scherbe/

This map was open for use on Eriminator's sight, and its gorgeous beyond compare and I would love building on it for an RP server, and I would like to note that theres no need for volunteers...yet, probably. Couldn't pay anyone or reward them in any way when we only got the be basics of what we want all set up and going in the first place. But, short of going through CentRED and putting in a bunch of trees manually and then putting their leaves in clientside and that taking eons upon eons... Is there an easier way to make this happen? If theres an overabundance of trees, I can just take them out so that's okay.

Just looking for a less time consuming process.

pooka01

Sorceror
What you can do is going there in game, if you use razor or any assistant, make tree macros, and bind them to keys, so you have:
a = oak tree ([add static #-> target relative location 0 0 0, then make the leaves the same way),
b = other tree...
g = jungle tree, can even make jungle trees with macros, that is the LEAST time consumming method ever that i used, that because you can choose exactly where and ehat tree you wish to place.

then you freeze those trees, and vlam. Done with trees.

(i'm making a whole map based only on jungle trees, you can imagine how much time i did not lose for those trees! (i hate water tho. lol))

Icescythe

Traveler
That will have to be considered as an alternate resort, but that sounds like you might have to do it a tree at a time which for the size of this map and the intents and purposes for what its meant to be used for, it sounds like it would be a lengthly and time consuming process.

But is there anything further that could be suggested? :)

mtindell

Sorceror
DragonSP will automatically generate vegetation and other ambient environment statics based on the terrain type. IE, sand will be cactus and rocks, jungle will be vines and skinny trees, forest will be oak trees, grass will have trees, but more sporadic. The frequency and types can also be customized int he config files.

Link:http://www.ryandor.com/files/dragon-mod9.zip

DragonSP.exe (Dragon Static Patcher) is included in this zip. If you already have a map saved, this should be all you need, Dragon.exe itself is for rendering the actual map. The map does not need to have been created with Dragon for DragonSP to work.

Keep in mind if you already have statics on your map, they need to be frozen so that the program can see them and not do anything stupid like place a tree intersecting a wall or somethign similar. It should prompt you to clear statics first, if you have buildings frozen, choose no obviously or you -will- lose them.

But if you're still doing your terrain and may be doing the process multiple times, it may be best to unfreeze your buildings, save them as addons until you are done with your terrain. Otherwise you will be constantly unfreezing sections of your map or in whole and clearing it as you perfect the map. Also, if you have no buildings, always clear existing statics, otherwise you may end up with double vegetation in some places.

Icescythe

Traveler
Mtindell, firstly I'd like to thank you for your suggestion and your time inputting it in. However... There is an immediate problem with the link you have given me. In the [Statics] folder of that download there are no .scp files regarding the use of trees and it creates the issue of "No Items Found", which cannot add anything at all and will not enact the process of putting trees on this particular map. Now, this is not your fault as it could simply be a faulty download and nothing more than that. Is there any other download you can find that you can go into, that has the needed files? None of Ryandor's open downloads seem to contain what is needed here for this map. I -could- talk to Eriminator and leave her a PM, but she is a very busy woman and there is no guarantee that I will be given a response.

Thank you all for your continued assistance. :)

mtindell

Sorceror
Mtindell, firstly I'd like to thank you for your suggestion and your time inputting it in. However... There is an immediate problem with the link you have given me. In the [Statics] folder of that download there are no .scp files regarding the use of trees and it creates the issue of "No Items Found", which cannot add anything at all and will not enact the process of putting trees on this particular map. Now, this is not your fault as it could simply be a faulty download and nothing more than that. Is there any other download you can find that you can go into, that has the needed files? None of Ryandor's open downloads seem to contain what is needed here for this map. I -could- talk to Eriminator and leave her a PM, but she is a very busy woman and there is no guarantee that I will be given a response.

Thank you all for your continued assistance. :)

Are the files not actually in the folder when you manually browse to it or is the program not reading them, iirc you had to select which files you wanted loaded (or choose all) on the left hand side....I think. I don't have a PC in front of me to test at the moment but I'll be back tomorrow afternoon to help if more assistance is needed. If in fact the files are not present at all, that is troubling and I would shoot Dian on these forums a PM about it as I believe Ryandor is his website. Those files should not be missing from the zip.

Icescythe

Traveler
Are the files not actually in the folder when you manually browse to it?

They are not in the folder itself, sir, not in the [Statics] folder, for this issue. I will leave Dian a message, but the Ryandor forums have not been active in some time. I will update when I can.

Dian

Sorceror
http://ryandor.com/files/

Here is the complete file index currently left on Ryandor. Try the Mod9plus.zip as it was the most commonly used. pretty sure I had used it recently(or tested).

Let me know if furtger problems, I can track them down, or update the files there if corrupt.