RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just an example of what can be done with time and CentrED!

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member

Hammerhand

Knight
Maybe I should try using it sometime... That looks like something I would do with Pandora's Box... The building that is.. cant exactly do the ground features with Pandy's. Looks nice though.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Maybe I should try using it sometime... That looks like something I would do with Pandora's Box... The building that is.. cant exactly do the ground features with Pandy's. Looks nice though.

Everyone should really, it's quite honestly the best map editing tool out there (by a mile) and once you've given it the proper amount of time you can easily build the greatest of things with ease...

Hammerhand

Knight
I suppose if I decide to try my hand at maps. Personally, I like doing the buildings & deco. *shrugs* I know it can be used for them as well.. guess I'm "old fashioned" on some things. lol

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
I suppose if I decide to try my hand at maps. Personally, I like doing the buildings & deco. *shrugs* I know it can be used for them as well.. guess I'm "old fashioned" on some things. lol

I used to be the same way... but this shit is just so much easier now that I took the time to learn it etc...

Hammerhand

Knight
Well.. I've got shoulder surgery coming up (unfortunately its my right shoulder & I'm right handed) so I'll have some down time. Guess I could dl it & see what I can learn and/or accomplish with it. My left handed work will probably suck, but it might be a good way to work on my coordination until my right arm is "usable" again. And I like learning new stuff here & there.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Well.. I've got shoulder surgery coming up (unfortunately its my right shoulder & I'm right handed) so I'll have some down time. Guess I could dl it & see what I can learn and/or accomplish with it. My left handed work will probably suck, but it might be a good way to work on my coordination until my right arm is "usable" again. And I like learning new stuff here & there.

Ouch man, really sorry to hear about the surgery... that's never any fun, I've been through a few in my time. I hope it all goes well and that you recover swiftly...

[set hits 100

-Ryan

Hammerhand

Knight
Its a slap tear/lesion.. tore the cartilage loose from my shoulder socket.. so I get a few holes bored into the bone to reattach that & a bicep tenodesis to relocate the bicep tendon. Yippee.... life in a sling.. I'm so.... excited. :(

Sythen

Sorceror
nice building, I've been saying exactly the same thing for years ...lol I'm glad someone finally agrees with me. It's too bad FloppyDisc (aka Hitman / Andreas) isn't doing anything with CentrED to update it as often anymore.

Hammerhand

Knight
Anyone have a nice, clear, easy to follow tutorial on how to set it all up? One that an injured, drugged up idiot like me can follow?

*Edit* I got it set up finally... now to figure out how to USE it... :confused:

I will second that CentrED+ > CentrED (and still being delevoped to boot!). Now if they would just translate the last bit from russian into english....

StaticZ

Sorceror
I will second that CentrED+ > CentrED (and still being delevoped to boot!). Now if they would just translate the last bit from russian into english....
Translate what? CentrED+ scince 0.76 is multilanguage and for now has 2 translations by default: english and russian, and any one if wish can easily add any new languages. And I hope it will be translated to many languages... )

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
StaticZ -

CentrED+ is really neat, has some great features but unfortunately it's not usable for me... I can't figure out anything in Russian :(

StaticZ

Sorceror
StaticZ -

CentrED+ is really neat, has some great features but unfortunately it's not usable for me... I can't figure out anything in Russian :(
I can't understand what are you speaking about? As I said before - It has full english translation and even english version of wiki with help in configure and running. Screens for proof:

I agree translation is far for perfect and contain some mistakes. But all text for now stored in separated *.ini file for each language, so any one can easyly fix translation or create your own for any language you wish. So, where you have seen any russian, about which you are speacking????

P.S. Also for now there is one more english tranlation made by "Horian", if some one is interested you can find it on craftuo forum. Also there are some english config files with sorting tiles for osi client. Both of them will be include in next release..

Tatti

Sorceror
These pictures look epic! :O

All the items look really pretty and I've seen them around, but how do you know if something is free to use and something is not? Do hosters of the art sites make them, or just kinda use what they happen to find? My friend actually told me about a person who made some custom walls or something like that and later found his creations from one of them UO art sites, but mayhaps that is just a legend!