RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just what we need *snort* more orcs

seraph035

Sorceror
To oppose the High Elves Just released, there is a need for more powerful orcs ...
Enter the Western Orc Warrior, WargRider, and Warg:
Where the Elves rely upon each other, and work cooperately in order to deal with
threats, the Orcs relish individual achievement, and have abilities that reflect this
"independant, no need for community assistance" attitude.
Every WesternOrc has a 'fasthealing' ability, which enables them to go from 1 hp to fully healed within a minute.
Like the Elves, they make use of their weapon's special moves (with a preferance for bleed and mortal strike)
Warg mobs are rideable, and have a tripping ability that works even when mounted. If the target of the trip cannot be made to fall down, they will be paralyzed for a few seconds. Solo, they are capable of pulling a rider from it's mount, tripping them, then proceed to merrily rip the dismounted rider to shreds whilst the former rider lies on the ground, defensless.

***EDIT**
I have added a seperate file for WesternWarg that includes a random chance for the mount trip ability to trigger, instead of a 100% chance. altering the probability of trip is found in this segment:
if ( && .7 > RandomDouble() )
change the .7 up or down to increase or decrease the odds of the mount ability going off on each mount ability check cycle.

Attachments

• WesternOrcZip.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 96
  • WesternWarg.cs
    3.3 KB · Views: 64

Teagan

Sorceror
Tried this on 2.0. This is deliciously evil. I got a kick out of the healing ability, this will be great for a shard event.
Kudos on the job of giving the NPCs orc bodyvalue. Very creative.

seraph035

Sorceror
Glad you like 'em :) Just be carefull when editing hitsmaxseed on the spawner, as the fast healing is based upon hitsmax ... if the initial hits are too high, players wont be able to do enough damage to kill them ... at least not without extra damage, which can be usefull, if you want your players to engage in more grouping and interpersonal interaction!

Teagan

Sorceror
Glad you like 'em :) Just be carefull when editing hitsmaxseed on the spawner, as the fast healing is based upon hitsmax ... if the initial hits are too high, players wont be able to do enough damage to kill them ... at least not without extra damage, which can be usefull, if you want your players to engage in more grouping and interpersonal interaction!

One of my player characters (with all skills at 6553.5 and some 5k STR, 5k DEX, mildly insane, not played much) had a little fun defeating just one bare-handed with no modifications to the script. I may have to tone a few things down for the other players.

seraph035

Sorceror
Sure thing .. here's a close up on the paperdoll, and a cropped -in view of the WargRider on screen.
That face is in the hair layer, leaving the head open for helmets, hats, ect ... and does not show up as any kind of mask on mouseover.

Attachments

• WargRider.JPG
    WargRider.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 111

seraph035

Sorceror
I have added a seperate file for WesternWarg that includes a random chance for the mount trip ability to trigger, instead of a 100% chance. altering the probability of trip is found in this segment:
if ( && .7 > RandomDouble() )
change the .7 up or down to increase or decrease the odds of the mount ability going off on each mount ability check cycle.
This may be necessary in some shards, to prevent the warg from being unbalanced in proportion to other pets, if it is left Tamable = true;