RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knives' Chat v2.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
Knives' Chat v2.02

Summary:

Version 2.02
Supports RunUO 1.0*

* This may work on previous versions of RunUO, but I am no longer supporting them! Update today!

This update isn't a version update, just syncing up TownHouses and Chat to hopefully prevent installation problems related to the Utilities folder! The Utilities folder is common to both this and my Town Houses system. If you don't have a version number on your Utilities folder, you should update it with the .zip file below.

New to this Chat system? You've probebly already heard a few things about it, but for the full details, simply read below!

As always, I am soliciting any and all feedback: interface suggestions, system suggestions, coding style suggestions, bugs, and anything else! Don't be shy, I can take well formed critism.

Oh yeah, and... this system requires no existing script modifications.

Note: The IRC capability of this chat system does not handle nickname registration. You will have to do this for your shard using another client.

Features included in this system: Public Messaging, Guild Messaging, Private Messaging, IRC Connection, Error Reporting, In-Game Command Changing, Player Listing, Friend Listing, Guild Listing, Faction Listing, Staff Listing, Ignored Players Listing, Banned Players Listing, Private Message Listing, Interface Customizations, Global Listening, Filters, Spam Blocker, Regional or Global Public Chat Settings, On/Offline Messaging.

Commands included in this system: Chat ( Chat, C ), Guild ( Guild, G ), Faction ( Faction, F ),Pm, IRC ( IRC, I ), ChatOptions ( ChatOptions, CO ), Errors, Commands

Chat: When used with text following, a message will broadcast to other players. Alone this will bring up the public player list.

Guild: When used with text following, a message will broadcast to your guild mates. Alone this will bring up the guild member list. If the admins allow, you may access your guildstone menu from here as well.

Faction: When enabled by the administrator you can use this to chat with other members of your faction. Used with text following, a message will broadcast to them. Alone this will bring up the faction member list.

Pm: Adding text to this command allows searching for individuals to send a private message. Alone this will bring up your message list.

IRC: Adding text to this command with IRC enabled and connected will broadcast a message to your server's IRC channel. For Administrators, having the word "input" in front of your message will send a raw IRC command.

ChatOptions: Quick way to view your settings for this system.

Errors: (Staff Only) When used with text following, a message is left in the Error Reporting system, which will display to all other staff members and can be cleared by Administrators. Without text this brings up the error display console.

Commands: (Admin Only) Allows the admin to change all RunUO command prefixes and the Accesslevel required to use those commands. Use with caution!

Interface details:

The listing pages (Chat, Guild, Pm) allow you to view information about your fellow players, as well as add them to your friends list, ignore them, message them, or open up their profile page for more detailed information. As a staff member you can also ban, view their client information, and goto them. The tab interface at the bottom moves you through the various listings, including a Messages tab. This will show all messages waiting for you to answer. The IRC tab allows you to view the last update list of people in your server's IRC channel, and send Pms to them.

The options page lets you modify the various public message colors, disabling various features, and changing your menu layout. Many options are only available to staff members, and even more for Administrators only. Administrators have their own options page, with tabs leading to more global options. You can manage filter settings, change the spam limitations, change the public chat style or completely disable it, modify your IRC server settings, connect and disconnect from your IRC server, and modify other universal aspects of the system.

Each individual page has it's own Help button with even more detailed information, located in the bottom right corners.

Installing:

1. Remove any old version of Knives' Chat and slop this in a custom directory/folder.
2. Remove any old version of my Utilities ( common to both Chat and Town Houses ) and do the same as above.
3. That's it! No existing script mods required!

Planned Features:

Bugs Reported:

Contact Info: Send me an email day or night (Though I will likely be sleeping at night)! [email protected]

Attachments

• Knives Chat 2.02 for RunUO 1.0.zip
    52.3 KB · Views: 389
  • Knives Chat 2.02 for RunUO 2.0.zip
    52.6 KB · Views: 416

kmwill23

Sorceror
For you Beta testers, this is the same release as Beta 8, so if you have that don't worry too much about this!

Otherwise... Let the bugflow begin!

NOTES:

- Once connected to IRC, the command to send chat to the IRC channel is [I or [IRC

kmwill23

Nice I'm d/l it now. Thanks for adding the mail system. It is very useful..especially for staff. Thanks!!! :)

Icon

Wanderer
As usually great work, 1 question will later versions allow players to irc chat from inside uo, right now I think its 1 way from irc to in game chat.

Anyways nice work and keep it up :p

kmwill23

Sorceror
I am trying to isolate why chat to IRC isn't working proper. It does work on some IRC networks =) Are you connecting to irc.runuo.com?

Update:

Okay, was able to find the problem. I left a hardcoded name in there so it never broadcasts to the room properly =)

I am going to use a new method for patching changes. I'll maintain a patch file for bug fixes, upload that when I fix soemthing. The old way got complicated sometimes =)

Patch is up to fix the Game to IRC chat issue. To install just find the file and replace it with the patched version.

ditmar

Wanderer
Haven't installed it yet and will wait with it for a little however I would like to request a "Faction Chat" feature. Just like the guild chat but then for the faction. Would be cool, some players already requested that.

Icon

Wanderer
Well you got it half working when someone talks in game to irc the name pops up but no text is seen. Like there letters are invisible :(

Almost there :p

Hk

LordHogFred

Knight
What I would like to see is a stealth menu, mainly for staff use. A menu where you can choose which players can see you online and which players can't. I want my staff members player characters to be able to PM me as their player level chars but I want to stay hidden from everyone else. Would be v cool addition :cool:

Chz :),

frozencorpse

Wanderer
Well the problem by just appear the name on the IRC and no text, is that you are a member of the staff and the chat is setup for white text for staff members, just change this to blue, or black, or whatever.... and its done. ;)

Its a great system Knive... thank you for let me test this version on pre release.

Now that the IRC problem is solved... I think there is nothing else to do here, but enjoying it :D

What about a version 2.1? hahahahaha joking here man!!! :D

Just an idea Knive but What about a comand for the AWAY option? to make it more accessible? something like [away or something like that? and it changes the name of the char... and another comand [back or something to turn back the name without the away thing... just an idea. ;)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Actually, what I wanted to do was add a mini-options bar to make popular options more accessable. Thing is, I can't think of what to add to it other than Away =P

frozencorpse

Wanderer
Coll I follow where you wanna go with it. It can be coll to have some other options really.

But the thing about the AWAY is that... I loot of people have to go away from the game for picking up a phone call or something and I think its coll to have a comand that puts you a Title in the name that can be visible by the chat and in game. I dont know if you have think about it buuuut, its coll :D

hehehe.

Sauron

Sorceror
AWSOME project. :D As if runuo wasn't already better than osi heheheh can't wait till this project is refined and perfected. Thanks

orpheus

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
Actually, what I wanted to do was add a mini-options bar to make popular options more accessable. Thing is, I can't think of what to add to it other than Away =P

how about minimizing the interface to the bar? have it check if the minibar is open and so forth.

LordHogFred

Knight
How about being able to choose different PM gumps like you can choose backgrounds? I have a couple of players that don't like the new gumps because they are harder to see. However I prefere them so would be cool to opt for either new or old style PM recieve gumps.

Also how about an autoresponse if you are set to Away, so if someone PMs you you can auto reply with "I'm not here will be back in 10mins" or something similar.

For the minibar idea how about having favourite friends or something so there are three buttons reserved for three chars you PM most. And what about a mass message button to mass message your guild or list of friends.

Just a couple of ideas,

This system is just fantastic and has improved my shard no end :D

Chz :),

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
i haven't changed anything, and i'm getting this error:
Code:
 - Error: Scripts\@Custom\System - Knives Chat\Gumps\ListGump.cs: CS0104: (line
494, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference
 - Error: Scripts\@Custom\System - Knives Chat\Gumps\ListGump.cs: CS0104: (line
500, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference
 - Error: Scripts\@Custom\System - Knives Chat\Gumps\OptionsGump.cs: CS0104: (li
ne 363, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference
 - Error: Scripts\@Custom\System - Knives Chat\Gumps\PmGump.cs: CS0104: (line 13
7, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference
 - Error: Scripts\@Custom\System - Knives Chat\Gumps\ProfileGump.cs: CS0104: (li
ne 142, column 4) 'InfoGump' is an ambiguous reference

any ideas?

-Sly