RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learn how to efficiently patch your shard using MUO Patcher!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn how to efficiently patch your shard using MUO Patcher!

------------------
**Warning this is not a Quickie-Guide. Althought if you know what your doing, and your organized you can make items in 1 minute or less.. I suggest you read my guide thoroughly.**

*edit* Although you read that im using the verdata, that doesnt mean that this method is trying to use an older client. You can use the latest client and patch using my method* :rolleyes:

------------------

Ok, im writing this guide because I recently did this for my shard and found the most effective, fast, and easiest way to patch new stuff. The easiest thing to do (IMHO) is to make a empty (well almost) verdata.mul and load your art/gump into there.

Ok first you need to download the two tools you need.

- MUOTool from the UOG Website.
- TDV Mulpatcher
- InsideUO

Section 1: Here is how you make a empty mul:

1) Open the MUOTool. Select file---> import--->tiledata, then enter the correct paths from your UO folder. Delete ALL the entries for tiledata except 1 (doesnt matter which one) .This is preperation for your yet-to-be created verdata to just have 1 tiledata entry, to make it basically empty.

2) Tab out, and go into my comptuter and search for your directory for MUO Tool. Make a new .txt file and rename it verdata.txt. Open this up, and save it as verdata.mul (all files). **Make sure its still not a .txt**

3) Ok now go back to MUO tool and go to file ---> export. This will export the 1 tile data entry into your newly created verdata. Now copy the verdata to your desktop. Open up mulpatcher by TDV.

Section 2:How to patch your new art/gumps:

1) Make a copy of the gumpart.mul, gumpidx.mul, art.mul, artidx.mul in your UO folder and put it in a folder in your desktop or someplace else you prefer.

2) Open up mulpatcher. Load in your gump muls and the verdata file from the new folder you made just the stop before. Once they are loaded, maxamize the program so you can see the bottom tabs.

3) Go to Gump(Anim). Then click "Empty Slots Only". Scroll all the way to the bottom and work your way up.

4) Right click a empty slot you want (should be red) then select load from bitmap TO verdata. It should say like some german word and show a bar that its working.

5) Once you are done, go to the settings tab, and click save under verdata. Overwrite your old one.

Close out mulpatcher.

Section 3: How to link your new art/gumps/animations:

Ok now you have your gump's images, but how do you get them in game showing the right pictures and animations outside the paperdoll? It's Easy.

1) Copy Tiledata.mul and body.def from your UO folder into that folder you made with all the other copies.

2) Open up body.def in notepad and minimize it. Open mulpatcher and load the art files, gump files, tiledata.mul, and the verdata.mul

3) Go to the tiledata tab, and look for a good area with alot of empty #'s.

4) Now the best thing to do now is take out a sheet of paper or a notepad. Start writing down these tiledata entries.

5) What I do is for each entry, I wrote like "Custom Sword" or "Custom Shield", etc whatever you want to do. I find it's easier and much more organized to just go by types. IE: Do all your shields first, then swords, etc..

6) Ok so now you have your first tiledata written down as lets say the entry you wrote is "Custom Shield". Now remember that # you wrote down? Now you need it.

7) Go to the art (S) tab. Write the number in the search box you got from the tiledata.mul
This is where the tiledata points to to show the item in the world. Right click this and select Load from bitmap TO verdata. Same as last time.

8) Now go back to the tiledata tab, and re-click the # it is selected on. Your image should show up if you did it right.

9) Now you need to add some tags in this entry to make it work in game.

Ok *Always* Select these things (even if its clothing,armor,weapon, anything):

Weapon, A, and Wearable.

The only thing else you have to worry about is the "Quality" settings. This is the layer the client shows for the item so you have to get it right. Here is the list from the mulpatcher website:

========================
1 One handed weapon

2 Two handed weapon, shield, or misc.

3 Shoes

4 Pants

5 Shirt

6 Helm/Hat

7 Gloves

8 Ring

9 Unused

10 Neck

11 Hair

12 Waist (half apron)

13 Torso (inner) (chest armor)

14 Bracelet

15 Unused (backpack, but backpacks go to 21)

16 Facial Hair

17 Torso (middle) (sircoat, tunic, full apron, sash)

18 Earrings

19 Arms

20 Back (cloak)

21 Backpack

22 Torso (outer) (robe)

23 Legs (outer) (skirt/kilt)

24 Legs (inner) (leg armor)

25 Mount (horse, ostard, etc)

26 NPC Buy Restock container

27 NPC Buy no restock container

28 NPC Sell container

29 Bank Box
========================

The shield is #2. So we put 2 in the quality settings. Ok now we need to do one more thing. Link this art item to the gump animation.

10) Go to the Gump(Anim) tab, and look for the shield that matches with the art item you picked. Right click the anim and select "copy existing animation". Tab out to your desktop and open up InsideUO.

11) Open inside UO. Go to animations, then people & accessories. Look for the right shield animation that you want. Once you find it, look on the bottom of InsideUO for two numbers. (One is hexidecimal, the other is a regular number). WRITE BOTH OF THESE DOWN IN A NOTEPAD OR YOU WILL FORGET.

12) Tab back in to mulpatcher and put the hexidecimal number into the copy existing animation box you had open. (shoud look like 0x332E or something)

13) Now look at the right side of the gump where the picture is. You should see something like AnimationID:

14) Copy this number down, and then go to the Tiledata tab. Click your "Custom Sword" entry and put the animationID number where it says AnimID:

13) Now open up that file in your folder in your desktop called body.def. Scroll down to the bottom and make a new line called #CUSTOM START

14) Go back to the Gump(Anim) in mulpatcher. Look for the GumpID(the number highlighted on the left) and take note of this number.

15) Open up a calculator in windows. Go to view-->Scientific. Click the Hex button. Type in the GumpID in the calculator. Click the Dec button. Then click the - sign and type in 50000. Press ctrl+c and copy this value in the Body.Def right after #CUSTOM START. Now if you organized yourself like I said you should, you should only have to do this once. And every value from here on will be 1 less than this. (IE: if this is 11100, the next gump up would be 11099)

16) Now remember those 2 entries I told you to write down from InsideUO? You need the regular number (not hexidecimal) now. Put the number in {}.

It should look like this:

#FROMCALCULATOR {#NUMBERFROMINSIDEUO} 0
11183 {992} 0 <--- example

The 0 is the hue the animation is colored on the character. (If its 0 it will look like plain metal, or any default thing)

17) Follow steps 4-16 for how many gump's you added in section 2.

18) Once your done, save the tiledata.mul and verdata.mul to your folder and also save the body.def

Section 4: Making a MUO Patch file.

1) Go to file ---> Import. Select Verdata from the drop down list. Load your verdata you have been slaving over :p

2) Wait for everything to load up. Once its loaded, go to the tiledata section and delete that 1 entry we saved before.

3) Go to each section with files in it and right-click the right window and look for the checkmark that says "Patch to verdata". Click this to de-select it.

4) Go to file-->save as. Save it as any file name and save it to your desktop.

Close MUO patcher.

Section 5: Making the final product.

Gather up your .muo file, tiledata.mul, and body.def
Make a .RAR of this.

Upload this to your webhost (A good free host is altervista.org. It's in italian but it has 10gb bandwith)

Go to your UOG Settings and add the patch url in. Wait 30 mins for UOG to fresh itself and then your player will automatically download the patch.

Don't forget to make new script's for your new items! **The base for ANY item is located in the tiledata.mul**

======
UO graphics

http://uo-graphics.uo-francophone.net/index_en.php

From Tannis:

"I like this site www.uo-pixel.de. Unfortunately, it's not in English. The good part is though, that the different areas of the site are marked by UO type icons rather than words, so it's not too hard to find your way around. They have a ton of art on there, and 90% of it is very good stuff."

======

I hope you found my guide helpful and maybe made your learn something new!

Tannis

Knight
Unfortunately the link to uo-graphics is broken. I'm not sure if they moved somewhere else, or if the site is just gone.

Tannis

Knight
Not that you asked for my review, but I'll give it anyway :) That site is ok. There's not a whole lot of art on there and the site is slow but the art they do have is pretty nice. I like this site www.uo-pixel.de. Unfortunately, it's not in English. The good part is though, that the different areas of the site are marked by UO type icons rather than words, so it's not too hard to find your way around. They have a ton of art on there, and 90% of it is very good stuff.

Tannis said:
Not that you asked for my review, but I'll give it anyway :) That site is ok. There's not a whole lot of art on there and the site is slow but the art they do have is pretty nice. I like this site www.uo-pixel.de. Unfortunately, it's not in English. The good part is though, that the different areas of the site are marked by UO type icons rather than words, so it's not too hard to find your way around. They have a ton of art on there, and 90% of it is very good stuff.

Thanks for the review Tannis :).. Ya that site is slow but the few things it has are pretty quality and the guy even made animations for some of them. The site you gave is much better, I'll put that in the guide.

Zyle

Wanderer
Firstly, thanks a lot for the guide - I've managed to get some custom tiles working :). I'm having a bit of trouble with animations/paperdoll gumps though. I'm trying to add a custom animation rather than using an existing one. (The Sea Jewel Shield from the UO-Forever website - their stuff is gorgeous!) I downloaded a .MUL and a .UOP file from there but I don't really know what to do next with it.

I followed the steps with a wearable which doesn't have a custom animation - it was a scabbard. It didn't show at all when I equipped it if I put no animation details in, so I tried putting in the bodysash animation. That worked, but it showed as a bodysash on the paperdoll gump as well as just on the ingame animation rather than the new scabbard paperdoll image.

I've also got some .VD files from the uo-pixel.de site for new mobiles and I can't figure out how to use those either. I tried adding the .VDs in the anim tab in mulpatcher, but they still don't show ingame - I get a skeleton image instead. Sorry to be so crappy and useless - any help would be greatly appreciated!

oh, and the new link for UO-Graphics is http://uo-graphics.uo-francophone.net/index_en.php :)

Zyle said:
Firstly, thanks a lot for the guide - I've managed to get some custom tiles working :). I'm having a bit of trouble with animations/paperdoll gumps though. I'm trying to add a custom animation rather than using an existing one. (The Sea Jewel Shield from the UO-Forever website - their stuff is gorgeous!) I downloaded a .MUL and a .UOP file from there but I don't really know what to do next with it.

I followed the steps with a wearable which doesn't have a custom animation - it was a scabbard. It didn't show at all when I equipped it if I put no animation details in, so I tried putting in the bodysash animation. That worked, but it showed as a bodysash on the paperdoll gump as well as just on the ingame animation rather than the new scabbard paperdoll image.

I've also got some .VD files from the uo-pixel.de site for new mobiles and I can't figure out how to use those either. I tried adding the .VDs in the anim tab in mulpatcher, but they still don't show ingame - I get a skeleton image instead. Sorry to be so crappy and useless - any help would be greatly appreciated!

oh, and the new link for UO-Graphics is http://uo-graphics.uo-francophone.net/index_en.php :)

Well if you have a custom piece like a scabbard, almost 99% of the time you won't find a custom animation. So you will have to make a decision to use something else like a body sash, like you did. If you did everything right, including linking the tiledata to the art #, the scabbard should show up in the paperdoll no matter what. I would go through my guide again but read every step thoroughly.

For adding custom animations, this was a hard problem for me aswell.. Even if I found an empty spot in mulpatcher somehow Run-UO would use this aswell (like the skeleton body is only 1 spot but it takes up like 4-5 slots in the scripts). So what I had to do was over-ride one of these "empty-but still used" spots. For example, say the real skeleton one is 0x3EF, but in the script file it says it also uses 0x35F.. I would over-ride the 0x35F and delete that entry from the script. Then when i made a new script for the monster I would use this value. The only problem in doing this is you have to find what script(s) use these body values.

I wrote this fast so it might be a little confusing in some parts but I hope I was helpful.. If you need more help post again.

Zyle

Wanderer
Thanks a lot for the reply, I think that will help - I'll give it all another try and see if I can do any better :)

manofwar

Sorceror
Thanks for this tutorial!

But i have kinda good question? I still cant get any new Anims to work on my shard. Not the gumps stuff or any of that but i mean actual Monster animations. I have looked in all the def files cleared them out for what i was using and found scripts that was using that space number and used the write anim id and just colored them. So now i am wondering why the new animations wont work? Would those def files like anim1 and anim2 have anything to do with this? Also when i patched up my muls with animations then opened InsideUO i got animations not only in Anim.mul but they seem to travel across the anim board to anim2 anim3 anim4 and they are only in anim1? Any ideas on this? One more question, Where and how do you list names in the animations like when you open InsideUO most things have names but all my new anims have just numbers that look like the block numbers? Ok think thats all my Questions maybe you can help with one or 2 of these.

Tannis

Knight
matteo said:
For some sort of reseason i do not have Verdata.mul could any one post it for me?
Verdata hasn't been used/supported by UO for a long time. In this guide, he says:
1) Open the MUOTool. Select file---> import--->tiledata, then enter the correct paths from your UO folder. Delete ALL the entries for tiledata except 1 (doesnt matter which one) .This is preperation for your yet-to-be created verdata to just have 1 tiledata entry, to make it basically empty.

2) Tab out, and go into my comptuter and search for your directory for MUO Tool. Make a new .txt file and rename it verdata.txt. Open this up, and save it as verdata.mul (all files). **Make sure its still not a .txt**

You need to create one. If you follow the tutorial one step at a time, you will get the hang of it. If you prefer to just read through it once and try to do it, you will have problems. Follow the instructions exactly and you will have absolutely no problems at all.

matteo

Wanderer
anim

hey guys again for some reason my anim.mul and anim.idx arent working when i click load And i've copied them and put in a nother follder still didnt work here is the error code

Code:
date/time         : 2006-04-24, 18:16:35, 687ms
computer name     : FAMILYLAPTOP
user name         : Laptop
operating system  : Windows XP Service Pack 2 build 2600
system language   : English
system up time    : 1 hour 30 minutes 
program up time   : 11 seconds 
processor         : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
physical memory   : 118/511 MB (free/total)
free disk space   : (C:) 2.67 GB
display mode      : 1280x800, 32 bit
process id        : $67c
allocated memory  : 150.25 MB
executable        : mulpatcher.exe
exec. date/time   : 2006-04-23 16:44
madExcept version : 2.7g
exception class   : EFOpenError
exception message : Cannot open file C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Samurai Empire\Anim.idx.

main thread ($854):
00440b43 mulpatcher.exe Classes      5030 TFileStream.Create
00440a6e mulpatcher.exe Classes      5012 TFileStream.Create
00551585 mulpatcher.exe uAnimations    62 TAnimation.Load
0052470c mulpatcher.exe uMulpatcher  1110 TMainForm.InitAnimations
00524cb0 mulpatcher.exe uMulpatcher  1193 TMainForm.btnAnimLoadClick
00471056 mulpatcher.exe Controls     4621 TControl.Click
0045f1cb mulpatcher.exe StdCtrls     3326 TButton.Click
0045f332 mulpatcher.exe StdCtrls     3378 TButton.CNCommand
00470e2b mulpatcher.exe Controls     4561 TControl.WndProc
00474a26 mulpatcher.exe Controls     6238 TWinControl.WndProc
0045f116 mulpatcher.exe StdCtrls     3306 TButtonControl.WndProc
00470b36 mulpatcher.exe Controls     4468 TControl.Perform
00474be8 mulpatcher.exe Controls     6284 DoControlMsg
004753c5 mulpatcher.exe Controls     6470 TWinControl.WMCommand
004745f8 mulpatcher.exe Controls     6135 TWinControl.MainWndProc
0044865c mulpatcher.exe Classes     10582 StdWndProc
7c90eae0 ntdll.dll                        KiUserCallbackDispatcher
77d4b8fe user32.dll                       SendMessageW
77d4e900 user32.dll                       CallWindowProcA
00474b6c mulpatcher.exe Controls     6265 TWinControl.DefaultHandler
0047157d mulpatcher.exe Controls     4752 TControl.WMLButtonUp
0045f116 mulpatcher.exe StdCtrls     3306 TButtonControl.WndProc
004745f8 mulpatcher.exe Controls     6135 TWinControl.MainWndProc
0044865c mulpatcher.exe Classes     10582 StdWndProc
77d496c2 user32.dll                       DispatchMessageA
00496400 mulpatcher.exe Forms        6690 TApplication.ProcessMessage
00496447 mulpatcher.exe Forms        6709 TApplication.HandleMessage
004966e2 mulpatcher.exe Forms        6793 TApplication.Run
00553e28 mulpatcher.exe mulpatcher     93 initialization

modules:
00400000 mulpatcher.exe                 C:\Documents and Settings\Laptop\Desktop\mulpatcher
5ad70000 uxtheme.dll    6.0.2900.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
5b0a0000 umdmxfrm.dll   5.1.2600.0      C:\WINDOWS\system32
5cd70000 serwvdrv.dll   5.1.2600.0      C:\WINDOWS\system32
5d090000 comctl32.dll   5.82.2900.2180  C:\WINDOWS\system32
5ed00000 OpenGL32.dll   5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
629c0000 LPK.DLL        5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
68b20000 GLU32.dll      5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
69000000 atioglxx.dll   6.14.10.4012    C:\WINDOWS\system32
71aa0000 WS2HELP.dll    5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
71ab0000 WS2_32.dll     5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
71ad0000 wsock32.dll    5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
73760000 DDRAW.dll      5.3.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
73bc0000 DCIMAN32.dll   5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
74d90000 USP10.dll      1.420.2600.2180 C:\WINDOWS\system32
755c0000 msctfime.ime   5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
76390000 IMM32.DLL      5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
763b0000 comdlg32.dll   6.0.2900.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
76b40000 winmm.dll      5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
77120000 oleaut32.dll   5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
773d0000 comctl32.dll   6.0.2900.2180   C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2180_x-ww_a84f1ff9
774e0000 ole32.dll      5.1.2600.2726   C:\WINDOWS\system32
77c00000 version.dll    5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
77c10000 msvcrt.dll     7.0.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
77d40000 user32.dll     5.1.2600.2622   C:\WINDOWS\system32
77dd0000 advapi32.dll   5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
77e70000 RPCRT4.dll     5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
77f10000 GDI32.dll      5.1.2600.2818   C:\WINDOWS\system32
77f60000 SHLWAPI.dll    6.0.2900.2861   C:\WINDOWS\system32
77fe0000 Secur32.dll    5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
7c800000 kernel32.dll   5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
7c900000 ntdll.dll      5.1.2600.2180   C:\WINDOWS\system32
7c9c0000 shell32.dll    6.0.2900.2869   C:\WINDOWS\system32

hardware:
+ Batteries
  - Microsoft AC Adapter
  - Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
+ Computer
  - ACPI Multiprocessor PC
+ Disk drives
  - IC25N040ATMR04-0
+ Display adapters
  - MOBILITY RADEON 9600       (driver 6.14.10.6396)
+ DVD/CD-ROM drives
  - QSI CDRW/DVD SBW242B
+ Human Interface Devices
  - USB Human Interface Device
+ IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
  - Primary IDE Channel
  - Secondary IDE Channel
  - SiS PCI IDE Controller
+ IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers
  - OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
+ Infrared devices
  - IrDA Fast Infrared Port (driver 1.0.0.0)
+ Keyboards
  - PC/AT Enhanced PS/2 Keyboard (101/102-Key)
+ Mice and other pointing devices
  - HID-compliant mouse
  - PS/2 Compatible Mouse
+ Modems
  - Smart Link 56K Modem (driver 3.20.4.454)
+ Monitors
  - Default Monitor
  - Default Monitor
  - Plug and Play Monitor
+ Network adapters
  - 1394 Net Adapter #4
  - 802.11g MiniPCI Wireless Network Adapter (driver 2.1.2.0)
  - SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (driver 1.16.0.0)
+ PCMCIA adapters
  - Generic CardBus Controller
  - Generic CardBus Controller
  - O2Micro OZ711Mx MemoryCardBus Accelerator (driver 1.0.6.0)
+ Ports (COM & LPT)
  - ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
+ Processors
  - Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
+ Sound, video and game controllers
  - Audio Codecs
  - Legacy Audio Drivers
  - Legacy Video Capture Devices
  - Media Control Devices
  - Realtek AC'97 Audio (driver 5.10.0.5370)
  - Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device
  - Video Codecs
+ System devices
  - ACPI Fixed Feature Button
  - ACPI Lid
  - ACPI Power Button
  - ACPI Sleep Button
  - ACPI Thermal Zone
  - Direct memory access controller
  - ISAPNP Read Data Port
  - Microcode Update Device
  - Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller
  - Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
  - Microsoft Composite Battery
  - Microsoft System Management BIOS Driver
  - Motherboard resources
  - Motherboard resources
  - Numeric data processor
  - PCI bus
  - PCI standard host CPU bridge
  - Plug and Play Software Device Enumerator
  - Printer Port Logical Interface
  - Programmable interrupt controller
  - SIS PCI to ISA bridge
  - SIS Processor to AGP Controller
  - System board
  - System CMOS/real time clock
  - System speaker
  - System timer
  - Terminal Server Keyboard Driver
  - Terminal Server Mouse Driver
  - Volume Manager
+ Universal Serial Bus controllers
  - SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
  - SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
  - USB Root Hub
  - USB Root Hub
  - USB Root Hub
  - USB Root Hub

disassembling:
[...]
00440b2f        push    0
00440b31        mov     ecx, [$55c738]
00440b37        mov     dl, 1
00440b39        mov     eax, [$439d6c]
00440b3e        call    -$f56b ($4315d8)       ; Exception.CreateResFmt
00440b43      > call    -$3c5ac ($40459c)      ; @RaiseExcept
00440b48        mov     eax, [ebp-4]
00440b4b        cmp     byte ptr [ebp-5], 0
00440b4f        jz      loc_440b60
00440b51        call    -$3ca8e ($4040c8)      ; @AfterConstruction
00440b56        pop     dword ptr fs:[0]
[...]

Thank you so much!!!

It's for me? Sorry, but I don't understand the question :confused: .

The files I am trying to patch are anim and gump. The files of the three mounts that I patched with success where in anim.mul .

Thank for reply.

jessyca

Wanderer
I can't find a download for TDV Mulpatcher

I have been looking and found quite a few sources for the TDV Mulpatcher but "the site cannot be displayed." I wondered if anyone had a copy of this because it sure isnt available as far as I can tell.

Cadeyrn

Wanderer
jessyca said:
I have been looking and found quite a few sources for the TDV Mulpatcher but "the site cannot be displayed." I wondered if anyone had a copy of this because it sure isnt available as far as I can tell.

there are a ton of places you can download this magnificent tool from!
here are a few:

Here
and Here
and also Here

edit begin........... now:

PS. To Liquid, and anyone else who wishes to know
Fortschritt means "Progress"
also: "Woher soll die Animation geladen werden?" means "From where is the animation supposed to be loaded? " (so if anyone has the source.. CHANGE IT!)

Lelani

Wanderer
Idx?

When I look in the uo folder I only see the Mul files for anim 2, 3 and 4. I dont see any idx files such as Anim.idx. Has it changed or am I missing something??

Status
Not open for further replies.