RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learn how to efficiently patch your shard using MUO Patcher!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cadeyrn

Wanderer
Lelani said:
When I look in the uo folder I only see the Mul files for anim 2, 3 and 4. I dont see any idx files such as Anim.idx. Has it changed or am I missing something??

you might be missing it, because.. it comes after the numbered anims. such as:
anim2.idx
anim3.idx
anim4.idx
anim.idx

you should find it between the files anim1024.bin and anim.mul.

you have to keep in mind that numbers come before spaces. so if there is a numbered anim (ie. anim2.idx), it will come before anim.idx.

i hope this helps.

(if you are missing any of them, your animations wouldnt show up. your muls NEED those to work.)

Lelani

Wanderer
There is nothing in between files anim1024.bin and anim.mul.
Am I looking for the files in the right place? Programs, ea games, Mondains legacy?

Cadeyrn

Wanderer
Lelani said:
There is nothing in between files anim1024.bin and anim.mul.
Am I looking for the files in the right place? Programs, ea games, Mondains legacy?

Is that your only installation of the game? If not, I would check those directories.
The only other option you may have is if you dont have any customs installed into your anims directly, i would recommend re-installing UO, because you do need those files.

also, do a file search for these files on your comp.

(also, if you dont see the extensions (ie: .idx) i would check the column "type" for "idx file")

Cadeyrn

Wanderer
not a problem, glad to help.

ps. just try not to post the same question in different threads, especially if you started one. thats a nono. *slaps your hand* bad! try not to do it againnnnnnn. (thats me fading out =P)

matteo

Wanderer
How do i make a new item? like i made a helm on paint i made the on on the char and the one like in the game the (static) and i want to make it how do i do it with out a verdata.mul???

Sarin

Wanderer
Well..

so I followed this tute to the letter. First try didn't work, but I'll get onto that in a sec.

Second try kinda worked. As stated I followed the tute, and loaded in the art for some chaos plate chest armour and linked it all to normal plate chest armours animation. Uploaded the muo file and repatched. I then basically just to test it grabbed the normal plate chest script, renamed it, changed any reference in the script to platechest to chaoschest, changed the base item ID to my new ID using the tiledata hex value, removed the flip attribute line and fired up the server and logged in. Added the item. No worries lovely tile art, drag it on over to my paperdoll, lovely gump art, but as soon as I release my mouse button it won't stay and just flies back into my pack. Just to check, I found the proper plate chests info in tiledata, and made sure all the same checkboxes were ticked and they were fine. Can anyone offer any suggestions or say what I might have done wrong?

If it helps I'm using client 4.0.4t.

Now... my first attempt I again did all as instructed but got no art in game at all. After scratching my head, beating it on the desk a bit, screaming t the cat I thought I would try attempt two as listed above which did show artwork. I then began to consider that perhaps it was the art i created myself that was the problem. What I did was grabbed a photo of some Roman Lorica Armour, isolated the armour bit, placed it on a black background, positioned it in the correct place after resizing to the correct image size for UO to use. I then saved this as a 32Bit BMP. I then rotated it 45 degrees, resized it again for the correct art tile size and saved this also as a 32 bit BMP.

So... I thought maybe it needs lesser quality so I resaved them as 16bit the smallest my Photoshop seemed to allow. Again... still no art in game. The weird thing is that if I use the gump pic to replace the normal chest armour gump pic, I can see it, but with using it and the tile graphic to make my own, it doesn't work. Anyone able to tell me if this is because of the way I made the image (using photos) or offer any suggestions so I know for next time?

Sorry to be a pain.

Cheers guys
Sarin

(edit) I just had another look, and when I do [props it says my custom breastplates body position is Gorget, but it is allocated Quality 13 which is torso and the same as the standard breastplate....

Sarin

Wanderer
Mainly because when I first started trying to display custom art I only knew how to use the Verdata to patch, and ended up using that early client as a patch on my test shard. So when I recently unarchived it it was still there. Being so old, of course I couldn't patch to OSI, and it failed to even occur to me that it was this client in my UOG patch that was causing it. Anyway, I deleted it and patched to OSI which Ithink is 5.0.2d. I'm house sitting over the weekend so will give it a go with the latest client when I get home.

Thanks for the quick reply mate :D

Sarin

Wanderer
Okay, just got home, tried it out with the latest client and its still doing exactly the same thing :S I don't understand why, when I used quality 13, which is for chest armour, and which is also the same for standard platemail tunic, the item shows a body position of gorget when viewed via [props

Tannis

Knight
Do you have the item scripted? If you do, could you post it please? Also, make triple sure that the items Tiledata slot is showing the right quality.

Sarin

Wanderer
Checked again and the tiledata quality is definitely set to 13. This is the script I'm using. I just modified the plate chest script as a test for my new art.

Code:
using System;
using Server.Items;

namespace Server.Items
{

public class ChaosPlate : BaseArmor
	{
		public override int BasePhysicalResistance{ get{ return 5; } }
		public override int BaseFireResistance{ get{ return 3; } }
		public override int BaseColdResistance{ get{ return 2; } }
		public override int BasePoisonResistance{ get{ return 3; } }
		public override int BaseEnergyResistance{ get{ return 2; } }

public override int InitMinHits{ get{ return 50; } }
		public override int InitMaxHits{ get{ return 65; } }

public override int AosStrReq{ get{ return 95; } }
		public override int OldStrReq{ get{ return 60; } }

public override int OldDexBonus{ get{ return -8; } }

public override int ArmorBase{ get{ return 40; } }

public override ArmorMaterialType MaterialType{ get{ return ArmorMaterialType.Plate; } }

[Constructable]
		public ChaosPlate() : base(0x3FFC)
		{
			Weight = 10.0;
		}

public ChaosPlate( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
		{
		}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
		{
			base.Serialize( writer );
			writer.Write( (int) 0 );
		}

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
		{
			base.Deserialize( reader );
			int version = reader.ReadInt();

if ( Weight == 1.0 )
				Weight = 10.0;
		}
	}
}

Tannis

Knight
Instead of using BaseArmor try PlateChest. I'm not sure if that will work or not, but if it won't, in the Constructable add a line like
Code:
Layer = Layer.Chest;
I'm pretty it's Chest, but you might need to play with it a little bit. I'm not sure why what you have isn't working. I compared your script to ones I have for custom art and there's nothing different that would matter. All of my chests are BaseArmor as well.

VertiCody

Sorceror
I didn't see anyone ask yet... but I was wondering about changing the look of your paper doll... and how you would add that in... with the mulpatcher.

also, I wanna see about changing the login screen, but again, I don't know how to do it with the mulpatcher...

anyone that can help, I would be very thankful.

Vertigo

Tannis

Knight
VertiCody said:
I didn't see anyone ask yet... but I was wondering about changing the look of your paper doll... and how you would add that in... with the mulpatcher.

also, I wanna see about changing the login screen, but again, I don't know how to do it with the mulpatcher...

anyone that can help, I would be very thankful.

Vertigo
You would do the same thing Liquid has posted, but rather than looking in the Gumps(Anim) tab of MulPatcher, you would look under the Gumps(non-anim) tab. The rest is pretty much in his guide. Right click the correct slot, save to Verdata, etc. And the gumps themselves under the non-anim tab are easy to navigate too. If UO currently uses it (there's old UO gumps in there too) just replace it with what you would rather use. There's no finding empty slots in there though. You need to overwrite anything you use. You also don't need to make an entry in Tiledata for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.