RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Login: 127.0.0.1: Invalid client detected, disconnecting

UOF

Traveler
Hi all

I've stupidly patched my copy of UO, so now I can't login to any shard at all.

Not local or otherwise.

The runuo windows shows:

Login: 127.0.0.1: Invalid client detected, disconnecting

I assume one or two of the scripts need amending and recompiling, is there a guide somewhere for that? I remember doing it a year or so ago, but I can't remember for the life of me, which file to edit and how.

pooka01

Sorceror
What client version do you have?
and which runuo version do you have?

some client version can possibly not run on some server versions.
if you can't stop the patching process you can search the net for specific versions.

zerodowned

Sorceror
to connect try this

go to \Scripts\Connection\ClientVerification

open it up and you should see around Line 22

private static bool m_DetectClientRequirement = true;
private static OldClientResponse m_OldClientResponse = OldClientResponse.Warn;

you could try changing m_DetectClientRequirement = true; to false
but I'd trying changing the m_OldClientResponse to OldClientResponse.Warn; first

also, get your UO folder and rename it to something else, I typically just rename to the client version it's patched up to, then redownload uo from the real source or search for a *cough cough* copy of a newer version *cough cough*

UOF

Traveler
Thanks for the suggestion, yea it's an odd one
I downloaded a slightly older client (7.0.34.22) and it still does it, even with the detect client thing changed to false.
Doesn't work with 7.0.20, but does with 7.0.15 and 4.0
I'm guessing something needs recompiling/modifying in the scripts somewhere, it's just been so damn long.