RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lokai Versioning (Workbench Mod)

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Here is an error message I receive when I change the extension and try to run it..

Attachments

• lokai.jpg
    lokai.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 40

Lokai

Knight
Iomega0318;753564 said:
Here is an error message I receive when I change the extension and try to run it..

What do you mean by, "change the extension"? I think I see the problem in your screenshot. This package does not contain Server.exe, it contains 2 .cs files which are zipped up into a file called Server.zip.

You realize that RunUO has double-zipped many files here, right? When you extract from the zip file, you have to change the extension of the file inside by adding .zip to the end, and unzip again.

nerun

Sorceror
Good work, versioning should solve the problem when compiling many scripts. Here goes a 7-zip updated to RunUO 2.2, tested and working:
  • RunUO-LV.exe - server already compiled
  • RunUO-LV.bat - the Lokai's bat, very useful and easy to use
  • Main.cs - one of the server scripts changed, just in case you want to compile it by yourself
  • ScriptCompiler.cs - the other file changed

Attachments

• Lokai Versioning RunUO 2.2.7z
    180.3 KB · Views: 8

nerun

Sorceror
I forgot to say: i found an issue when loading it. If you run the server with one of the options (lv1, lv2 etc), and you don't have that folder, the server crashes.

Of course that nobody will run it in Versioning Mode if don't have a file to compile in a separated folder, but it is an issue anyway.

Lokai

Knight
Thank you, sir.

About the "versioning" aspect. I realize it is not true versioning. If you run the server with one set of folders, then decide to run it with a different set, it will of course throw errors, and ask you to delete items, etc. And, of course, you can do what I do, and delete the cached files, and run it anyway. I have never used a live server for testing, so I have not had to worry about wiping. But it is worth noting in case someone decides to use this on a live server, once you run the server with the lv1... options, you will probably want to run it with the same or a more inclusive option (i.e. lv1 the first time, then lv1 and lv2 the second time, but not the other way around.)

Good work, versioning should solve the problem when compiling many scripts. Here goes a 7-zip updated to RunUO 2.2, tested and working:
  • RunUO-LV.exe - server already compiled
  • RunUO-LV.bat - the Lokai's bat, very useful and easy to use
  • Main.cs - one of the server scripts changed, just in case you want to compile it by yourself
  • ScriptCompiler.cs - the other file changed