RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for a server.

winterwi

Traveler
I apologize if this is in the wrong area *hides*

I have no idea where to get ultima online, even if I had it..I know nothing of how to work RunUO or change the files how I need..

I am searching for a server that has easy install steps, one that does not use Reagents also and has fast-ish skill gains..as I dread redoing taming and such. Roleplay on server would be a bonus, but not needed.

Thanks and again sorry if this is the wrong area to post.

Dian

Sorceror
Your not in the wrong place, your post is fine here.
You might have best luck searching for the top 100 or similar websites. There are a few sites that shard owners advertise on, listing different shards avaliable and website links. Most any shard out there running will have some sort of install guide, or will be glad to help you get started.

winterwi

Traveler
oh sadly I have searched, most of them are a pvp focus and use Reagents...A long time ago I had a server of my own with Bio pets and breeding pets and such..seems all those files no longer work in this new RunUO. So I figured I would see if anyone knew of a place ^_^. I will keep searching google, but mostly finding the same stuff.

Dian

Sorceror
Well those systems still do work, there are just a couple small edits to the code that needs changed, and generally it is very minor. If you do decide to try building your own server and want to add them in, you will most likely find some assistance around here with updating those scripts to work.

Sorry though, I have no idea about shard listings or even suggesting shards, as I really am not up on any other shards than my own personal shard that my wife and I enjoy. Eventually though, I will be involved with a few people to run a public shard, but thats a ways out.

Someone should come along with some ideas for you though.. I would hope.

winterwi

Traveler
Ahh thanks O.O But I do not even know where to find those old scripts. I will just keep looking around at servers.

tindo

Sorceror
Start browsing joinuo.com or shard.li and look thru the shards, not sure if any of them use no regs, but there are many good choices out there.

I know of one server I used to play a lot. No reg, fast skill gain, evo pets/weps/armor. Great staff, all very friendly. I have left and come back several times. It's fairly small, but entertaining. If you're interested, message me. I don't want to be advertising a shard. But it was my first, and it has a special place in my heart

Acetamer

Wanderer
That Evo sound Interesting, I'm still shopping around a shard to, I will message. How do I mail you without open conversation?