RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Generator 2 - No Forests?

Apocolypse

Sorceror
Hey guys, decided to try out mg2 instead of UOL and i was wondering why my roests arent showing up? It just looks like leave covered ground. I checked the xmls and they all have weights assigned to them and i also clicked the random art button. Any tips?

Obsidian Fire

Sorceror
Could be 2 things:
1) there is a check box that "if missed" will not apply statics.
2) the file name for your forest statics is misnamed.

Chances are its the first one, I have been using Map Gen II for some time now and I still sometimes miss the check box ;)

BTW, it could also be that there is a a few types of forest. I think they go.. Forest, Rough Forest and something else. I'm heading out to work so I don't have time to fully check for you, my best suggestion is to use just forest for now and make sure the check box is checked.

Been a while, my map was perfect but too huge, was using mapgen a lot in the past, you may have to go in and raise the density or something of the forest if I remember correctly.