RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Map Making with Photoshop: Index color problem

Apocolypse

Sorceror
Hey guys, i know the map programs rely on painting your map with Index 8 bit color so that the programs will be able to create the maps, however i have noticed that when using photoshop in "index" color mode, the color swatch i choose and the color that end up coming out of my paint bucket are quite different resulting in a bad map later on. What can i do to fix this? my red are coming out as browns etc.
Hey guys, i know the map programs rely on painting your map with Index 8 bit color so that the programs will be able to create the maps, however i have noticed that when using photoshop in "index" color mode, the color swatch i choose and the color that end up coming out of my paint bucket are quite different resulting in a bad map later on. What can i do to fix this? my red are coming out as browns etc.

boba

Sorceror
in the version of Dragon you are using, there are color templates for that version. Should give you the right hue :) or color

eriminator

Sorceror
load the .aco file from dragon - but only that colors - at last use during index to only that custom color-table.