RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merry Christmas

sidsid

Sorceror
It's the Eve today. To all you Christmas hating bastards, I just hope the Ghosts of Christmas (past/present/future) have enough time to get to all of you by tomorrow morning.

Chandral

Wanderer
Merry Christmas to each of you! May the TRUE spirit of Christmas be with you not only on this holiday, but for all eternity!

Lysdexic

Sorceror
I'm an atheist and hearing/saying Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hannukah, Feliz Navidad nor any other saying offends me in the slightest... because I respect the fact that you do have these beliefs, although I myself do not. I wish everyone can enjoy their holidays in any way they damn well please, and they could let everyone else do the same. But it will never happen, so I'm going to go get a bunch of eggnog and get s***faced, anyone who wishes the same can join me!

zachseitz

Sorceror
I wish you a merry Christmas I wish you a merry Christmas I wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy new year.. la la lalalaa la la lalala lalaa la lalaala

Chandral

Wanderer
Lysdexic said:
I'm an atheist and hearing/saying Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy Hannukah, Feliz Navidad nor any other saying offends me in the slightest... because I respect the fact that you do have these beliefs, although I myself do not. I wish everyone can enjoy their holidays in any way they damn well please, and they could let everyone else do the same. But it will never happen, so I'm going to go get a bunch of eggnog and get s***faced, anyone who wishes the same can join me!

Never heard of a true Atheist. Many who claim to be say the GD words all the time. Why say the Name of one a person doesn't believe in.

You say you wish folks would let you enjoy the holidays in any way you see fit. I myself wish the "Atheists" would let me my people pray in school. I had purposely took my daughter from public school and put her in a Christian one so no one could say she was not allowed to pray.

Anyone who has a difficult time with the "GOD" word, look at it as "Good Orderly Direction"

Merry Christmas.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Chandral said:
Never heard of a true Atheist. Many who claim to be say the GD words all the time. Why say the Name of one a person doesn't believe in.

You say you wish folks would let you enjoy the holidays in any way you see fit. I myself wish the "Atheists" would let me my people pray in school. I had purposely took my daughter from public school and put her in a Christian one so no one could say she was not allowed to pray.

This was EXACTLY what I meant... dude, do not insinuate that I am one of the people who say you can or cannot do this or that because of my own beliefs. If you want to pray in school, go right ahead and do so, just don't require me to include God in the Pledge of Allegiance! And to yank your child out of a public school and put them in a Christian school is the biggest mistake possible, since there is only one way to put all of this B.S.: If you want to stop seperatism, stop seperating yourself!

And for your information, just because someone says the word God doesn't mean they believe in your diety, thats just like saying someone who doesn't believe in ghosts can't say ghost. Thanks for killing the holiday cheer in a harmless post, jackass.

kethoth

Page
if they said she COULDNT pray in school id take em to court for abusing the right of free religion and free speech...

Arcanus

Wanderer
A very Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours, from all of us at UOSanctuary!

And a Happy New Year full of loaded Egg Nog! :p

A_Li_N

Knight
Chandral said:

Anyone who has a difficult time with the "GOD" word, look at it as "Good Orderly Direction"

Merry Christmas.
I believe there COULD be a god for the simple reason that the universe is so overwhelmingly huge. Does that mean I shouldn't use the word 'God', since I don't actually believe that there is one?
Also, it's not just the 'Atheists' that don't wish for people to pray in schools, it's quite a big population. And I believe that the idea behind that whole movement was the simple fact that a public school is ran by the government, and we are suposed to have church and state seperate. They weren't saying 'don't pray in schools cause it's bad', they were saying 'don't do it because it's not the place to do it.' Also, I don't think anyone told anyone that they can't pray by themselves and to themselves, they told them that they can't create a group and do so publicly.

I also believe taking your child out of public school and putting them into a christian school was a bad call. Simple reasoning there states that doing so has seperated them from others, forced them to choose what YOU believe in and not choose for themselves and also taken a big part of learning how life actually is in the real world. But they are your kids, and you will do what is best for them.

Don't ever stereotype unless you want to be stereotyped back. You believing in some higher power does NOT make you better than those of us that don't. You saying you are right and we are wrong simply furthers my beliefs that I am leading a life that is truely open, and you are simply living under your chosen rock.

And, back on topic...
Merry Christmas,
Happy Holidays,
Love to all!

Ryan_2005

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
I believe there COULD be a god for the simple reason that the universe is so overwhelmingly huge. Does that mean I shouldn't use the word 'God', since I don't actually believe that there is one?
Also, it's not just the 'Atheists' that don't wish for people to pray in schools, it's quite a big population. And I believe that the idea behind that whole movement was the simple fact that a public school is ran by the government, and we are suposed to have church and state seperate. They weren't saying 'don't pray in schools cause it's bad', they were saying 'don't do it because it's not the place to do it.' Also, I don't think anyone told anyone that they can't pray by themselves and to themselves, they told them that they can't create a group and do so publicly.

I also believe taking your child out of public school and putting them into a christian school was a bad call. Simple reasoning there states that doing so has seperated them from others, forced them to choose what YOU believe in and not choose for themselves and also taken a big part of learning how life actually is in the real world. But they are your kids, and you will do what is best for them.

Don't ever stereotype unless you want to be stereotyped back. You believing in some higher power does NOT make you better than those of us that don't. You saying you are right and we are wrong simply furthers my beliefs that I am leading a life that is truely open, and you are simply living under your chosen rock.

And, back on topic...
Merry Christmas,
Happy Holidays,
Love to all!

Very very very true....

Joeku

Lord
A_Li_N said:
Also, it's not just the 'Atheists' that don't wish for people to pray in schools, it's quite a big population.
So, what you are saying is:
some Atheists (non-religious people) don't want prayer in schools, and
some of the rest of people (religious people) don't want prayer in schools? Why would anyone want to limit their own religion?

The way I see it, prayer should be allowed in schools as long as nobody is forced to do it. If I want to get in a big group and pray then I'm damn as hell gonna do it, and nobody's gonna stop me.

Neckron

Wanderer
Hope no one else has said it but i haven't read the whole thread (only first page) Happy Christmahanziquanzica! (I know I didn't spell that right)