RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Merry Christmas

WarAngel

Wanderer
Joeku said:
Something bad is always going on. All nations have problems, it's a fact. It's human nature to cause problems. Someone please lock this thread now, its getting out of hand.

Simplest yet smartest thing posted so far.

WarAngel said:
Simplest yet smartest thing posted so far.
Yeah, as long as you do not have to click the links I posted and as long you do not have to account for the things you say it's all fine with you eh?

Hurry hurry, get in line to get the chance to shove your head in the sand!

Joeku

Lord
So, you are saying that we are supposed to believe a few underground fanatic websites that probably have no real foundational basis for their "information" as truth and gospel? Lmao...

Tens of thousands of rumors spread each and every day, and 99.9% of them are untrue. Don't just believe everything that anyone tells you.

If America is sooooo horrible, why are we the only Superpower left on the earth? Sounds to me that you are just spiteful, along with half of the rest of the world. Go and shove it.

Again, I am asking a moderator to end this "conversation." It is getting out of hand.

WarAngel

Wanderer
Ankh, to be honest, I think all the stuff you posted is madeup crap. Anyone can get a website and post stuff on it.

And for you to personally attack me for having an opinion? Reported.

Joeku said:
So, you are saying that we are supposed to believe a few underground fanatic websites that probably have no real foundational basis for their "information" as truth and gospel? Lmao...

Tens of thousands of rumors spread each and every day, and 99.9% of them are untrue. Don't just believe everything that anyone tells you.
Strangely enough it has been on all official news channels in the Netheralands too. However I don't think you'd appreciate to have some videos and articles in Dutch.

Joeku said:
If America is sooooo horrible, why are we the only Superpower left on the earth? Sounds to me that you are just spiteful, along with half of the rest of the world. Go and shove it.
Why would a superpower automatically be a good nation? The Soviet Union has been a superpower. China might become a superpower in the next few decades. I don't think those two nations are shining examples of how to have a good and moral internal policy and foreign policy, don't you agree? Being a superpower doesn't make it right to inflict suffering upon others.

WarAngel said:
Ankh, to be honest, I think all the stuff you posted is madeup crap. Anyone can get a website and post stuff on it.
Like I said in the post above, it's been allover the news here. Somehow I shouldn't be surprised that your so-called 'free press' doesn't mention it, eh?
WarAngel said:
And for you to personally attack me for having an opinion? Reported.
The only attacks so far seem to be comming from your end. You just do it a bit sneakier.

Joeku

Lord
I automatically believe sidsid, because he found that on the great "INTERNET!" :D :rolleyes: :p

Again, it seems that you are just spiteful Ankh. There's no way that you can prove that "information" to be true.

Joeku

Lord
I automatically believe sidsid, because he found that on the great "INTERNET!" :D :rolleyes: :p

Again, it seems that you are just spiteful Ankh. There's no way that you can prove that "information" to be true. You are just one of those stupid fanatics who believes that all governments are a conspiracy. If we are such a bad nation, why do we have thousands of people immigrating here every week? You can't say that America is so horrible if you've never even lived here. Our free press doesn't mention that "information" because it's total bullshit. How are we "inflicting suffering upon others?" Have we ever intentionally invaded another country without rightful cause (i.e. a threat or attack against us.) And after we have rightfully invaded or attacked such countries, we haven't ever just left them in chaos afterwards. We've always stayed to help out. With that said, one final word of advice to you: learn what you are talking about before you say something.

WarAngel

Wanderer
The only thing I've said so far is that if you're not an American, you wouldn't understand. That's an attack how? It's called Nationalism. I don't understand your Nationalism for your country (if you have any), just like you don't understand my Nationalism for my country. It's that simple.

And how do you know that your press isn't making it up? The media has a tendency to do that stuff. Or is it automatically true because it's on your news and not ours?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
A dude... said:
China might become a superpower in the next few decades. I don't think those two nations are shining examples of how to have a good and moral internal policy and foreign policy, don't you agree?

I agree...how's that for crazy. The rest of your post...not so much.

Joeku said:

Again, it seems that you are just spiteful Ankh. There's no way that you can prove that "information" to be true. You are just one of those stupid fanatics who believes that all governments are a conspiracy. If we are such a bad nation, why do we have thousands of people immigrating here every week?
Because they are either greedy bastards or desperate people. Either way, for the money they hope to earn in the US which they can't earn where they live now.

Joeku said:
You can't say that America is so horrible if you've never even lived here. Our free press doesn't mention that "information" because it's total bullshit. How are we "inflicting suffering upon others?" Have we ever intentionally invaded another country without rightful cause (i.e. a threat or attack against us.) And after we have rightfully invaded or attacked such countries, we haven't ever just left them in chaos afterwards.

http://www.doublestandards.org/enemies.htm
Oh really?

Joeku said:
We've always stayed to help out. With that said, one final word of advice to you: learn what you are talking about before you say something.
Learn your nation's history, mate.

WarAngel said:
The only thing I've said so far is that if you're not an American, you wouldn't understand. That's an attack how? It's called Nationalism. I don't understand your Nationalism for your country (if you have any), just like you don't understand my Nationalism for my country. It's that simple.
Nationalism/Patriotism is not logical behaviour.

But I suspect you understand perfectly how Palestinian nationalists are capable of strapping explosives to themselves and blowing themselves up in some crowded place, right? Or are you going to blame that upon their religion? Tell me then, what is the difference between religious fanaticism and nationalism?

WarAngel said:
And how do you know that your press isn't making it up? The media has a tendency to do that stuff. Or is it automatically true because it's on your news and not ours?
I tend to trust my news sources a bit more then news agencies like propaganda-channels like Fox, yes.

Johabius

Knight
This is really sad that a thread started to wish people a happy holiday turned into a politcal pissing contest. Happy New Year everyone;)

Blackbird0

Wanderer
Wow.

As an American, I'm very appalled at some of my countrymen here.

Just because someone has not lived in this country does not mean you cannot criticize, nor does it invalidate any such criticism.

By the logic I've seen expressed here, many of the fine people here, who I would imagine, would criticize Saddam Husein and Iraq, would be unable to do so, becuase they haven't been to Iraq. Anyone here been to Iraq? I think North Korea's a pretty nasty place too, but by your logic, I don't have a right to say that, because I've never been to Iraq.

Regarding free media:

Our media is hardly "free". Our "free" media is owned by nine corporations. For instance, look at my uploaded file. That's from The Nation, a respectable American-born periodical. That file shows the holdings of but one of the nine major media corporations. As I recall, they're Sony, Viacom, Liberty, The Bertelman Group, GE, AOL Time Warner, Disney, AT&T, News Corp. Vivendi Universal used to be number 10, but they got goggbled up by the other nine. These companies own over 95% of the media in the United States.

How can our media be "free" if the media corporations are owned by the same group: rich, white males. They all, ultimately have the same interests, and print what they want.

All across the world our "free media" is lambasted for its distortion of what has happened in Iraq. I'd suggest some of you go check out the BBC for instance, to see what some news is.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 26

Joeku

Lord
Ankhesentapemkah said:

But I suspect you understand perfectly how Palestinian nationalists are capable of strapping explosives to themselves and blowing themselves up in some crowded place, right? Or are you going to blame that upon their religion? Tell me then, what is the difference between religious fanaticism and nationalism?

I tend to trust my news sources a bit more then news agencies like propaganda-channels like Fox, yes.
If you want to believe the bullshit on that website (still not a credible source in the least) then that's fine with me. All this talk about "Genocide" and "Terror Bombings" and "Political Subversion" is (if true at all) going on during a WAR or a WORLD WAR, not just committed for no reason. If you have been told all your life "America is bad," "hate America," "Americans should die," then there's nothing I can do about that since it's what you have been taught to believe. We Americans are perfectly happy, and no lies that spew from your mouth can change that. If an American isn't happy, there's nothing to prevent him/her from moving out of the country. As for the Palestinians (or whoever, doesn't matter they are terrorists) blowing themselves up in the middle of a crowd of innocent people for no reason, yes they are fanatics. I don't blame it on their religion, I blame it on what other people have shoved into their minds all their life. Now someone like you comes along and says it's wrong to stop such behavior? I am not going to take any part in the rest of this completely stupid conversation that spawned out of nothing but bitterness, resentment, and hatred. You can believe what you want to believe, but just because you believe that someone is evil just for living in a nation that you dislike, that doesn't make that someone evil. You may say that all Americans say that arabic people are evil because they are all Muslim terrorists, but that's untrue. Take me for example; I have many Muslim friends, and I don't think that they are terrorists or wrong for being Muslim. Seems to me like you are the one "spreading propaganda." Again, this is my final word in this conversation. I pity you Ankh for hating people because of their nationality, and I hope that someday you get a more open mind.

As for you Blackbird; the difference between a free media and a media that isn't free is whether or not it is controlled by the government. You can choose to believe that our media is controlled by the government, but you can't deny the fact that anyone in America is allowed to start a business of their own if they wish to, and that includes starting a media corporation. People can choose to believe what they want to, they aren't forced to believe anything. I for one don't believe most of the stuff on the news because you're right, most of it is plain bullshit. But it's still a free media, it's not controlled by the government.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
wait...we're still debating? Yeesh.

(and this is why I said earlier...much easier to just say "you're a moron, have a nice day.")

@ the A-dude:
You realize that the "double standards" link you provided is blantantly liberal, and screams its agenda, right?
For people ashamed of where they live, maybe...

@ the B-dude:
Um...I don't see any real...point worth adressing here...

Jarrod

Sorceror
Joeku said:
You can choose to believe that our media is controlled by the government, but you can't deny the fact that anyone in America is allowed to start a business of their own if they wish to, and that includes starting a media corporation.

*stops picking nose*

Have to disagree with you there. The few free presses are torn down and branded "ludicrous" as quickly as possible.

Yes, you can start a media corporation. You have that freedom.
but at the same time, you also have the freedom to get your press stomped on by the big cats for not contributing to the garbage that the rest are so prominently displaying. And god forbid you should report the TRUTH of something that they want to have shut up.. then you get labeled unpatriotic, communist, racist, or whatever serves their purpose to make you dissappear.

I love my country, but I sure as hell dont love or agree with the people running it (and Im not talking about the puppet we call George Dubya) We need to elect someone next time around that will finally start taking care of problems at home instead of sticking their nose into foreign affairs. (please start another topic if you want to debate this, i have been in military/military family that runs back 5 generations, and I know how "we do business")

Back to the original topic though, Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate it, and to those who dont, have a happy new year!

*begins picking nose again*

Joeku

Lord
Heh... you're wrong.

Take News Talk 1110 WBT for example (a local radio station.) They tell news how it really is, and they have been very successful. Just ask anyone who lives around the Charlotte area (TMSTKSBK for example.)