RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple Shards with Custom Graphics

nachtmusique

Sorceror
I know UOGateway used to let you play on different shards with custom graphics without screwing up the custom graphics of other shards. Is there a modern program that allows this? I have two shards I want to play on, but one has a custom map. I can't instal 2 copies of UO because it asks me to uninstall during the instal process. Any suggestions?

PS, has anyone been able to get the newer SA clients (4.0.34.15) to work with private servers? I know someone posted a hexeditor tutorial for a slightly older client, but it doesn't seem to apply to the new one...If so, I could use the SA client on the one shard and the classic one on the other.

Thanks,
Nacht

m309

Squire
You can install multiple Uo clients to your pc, just put them in multiple directories. I have 12-15 full UO folders on mine right now.

nachtmusique

Sorceror
How do you get past the "Ultima Online is already installed on this computer. Would you like to uninstall" part? Click yes and it will uninstall. Click no and setup aborts.

m309

Squire
Find the directory where its located and just copy the entire folder to somewhere else. Then simply just overwrite that new folder with the custom files from the shard you want to play on. Rinse and repeat.

Vorspire

Knight
You can also use RegEdit to delete the registry keys associated with your Ultima Online install, if you REALLY need to use the installer to make extra copies, but otherwise m309's method is sound :)