RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New client, encryption troubles, and Solutions!

floppydisc

Sorceror
I just took a quick look, but it seems they get computed from the file version ... so maybe it now even gets easier than before ;)
And something like extractkeys would still work, but it has to launch the client first. If I have the time I will write a tool to do this (next weekend).

Edit: when I think about it, it maybe wiser to wait for 5.0.8 to see what changes between the versions (just to make sure). Now that the keys for 5.0.7 are known it doesn't matter anyways :D

jaynigs

Wanderer
@Jeff, it might be useful to know that the encrypted client warning problem with connectuo only happens AFTER you connect to the server and have the shard name listed, only when you try to select the server from the serverlist does it then kick you with encrypted client detected, whereas usually with an encrypted client you get that error before you even get to that stage.So i can only assume that the client isnt encrypted at 1st, or it isnt fully decrypted or looses client hook after you login*shrugs*

Hope that helps

Jeff

Lord
jaynigs said:
@Jeff, it might be useful to know that the encrypted client warning problem with connectuo only happens AFTER you connect to the server and have the shard name listed, only when you try to select the server from the serverlist does it then kick you with encrypted client detected, whereas usually with an encrypted client you get that error before you even get to that stage.So i can only assume that the client isnt encrypted at 1st, or it isnt fully decrypted or looses client hook after you login*shrugs*

Hope that helps
Well the messed up part about the whole situation is CUO and Razor's code is copy/pasted yet rzr works, and cuo doesnt...

Sampiro

Wanderer
jaynigs said:

Hope that helps

It does that when you try connecting to someone elses server. Where as to connecting to your own server it does not let you get to the Shard name list. It kicks you before that even pops up with the encrypted client. One lets you to the shard list and your own doesn't let you that far.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Sampiro said:
It does that when you try connecting to someone elses server. Where as to connecting to your own server it does not let you get to the Shard name list. It kicks you before that even pops up with the encrypted client. One lets you to the shard list and your own doesn't let you that far.

Well, for me, with a local connection ( manual ) It does as i stated, it allows me to login, but when i select server i get kicked with encrypted client. Any server on the public list is fine for me

Zippy

Razor Creator
Storm33229 said:
Solution: Don't copy and paste.

-Storm
Its not a copy paste problem. He's saying that the code is the same, hence both should work. And both do work for most people. Anyways, try not to be such a smart ass.

Zippy said:
Its not a copy paste problem. He's saying that the code is the same, hence both should work. And both do work for most people. Anyways, try not to be such a smart ass.

*sigh* OSI sucks. Causing everyone problems.

-Storm

Warloxx

Sorceror
Ok laugh if you must but could it be how or when you implement the code? You said it is that same code that razor uses so it has to be how or when you call it.... Maybe? Just throughin in my 5 cents... Inflation you know.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Warloxx said:
Ok laugh if you must but could it be how or when you implement the code? You said it is that same code that razor uses so it has to be how or when you call it.... Maybe? Just throughin in my 5 cents... Inflation you know.

Im sure Jeff knows what hes doin, besides, he said that it all works fine for him. But not for everyone, its a bit odd :D

Since everyone k-bombed me for being a 'smart ass' or being to blunt. I will say that what I said could be the problem. Look at what Jeff said:
Jeff said:
...Razor and CUO use both the same code...for some razor works and not CUO and for others its the opposite...
So, if Razor has a problem that is identical to the problem CUO has and they share a common code. I would think as a logical person that the common ground is where the problem is. There now it's sugar coated for you; I wasn't as blunt.

-Storm

SandStorm

Wanderer
Storm33229 said:
Since everyone k-bombed me for being a 'smart ass' or being to blunt. I will say that what I said could be the problem. Look at what Jeff said:

So, if Razor has a problem that is identical to the problem CUO has and they share a common code. I would think as a logical person that the common ground is where the problem is. There now it's sugar coated for you; I wasn't as blunt.

-Storm

Y..y..you mean there might be a bug in the code they both use?

THE MANS A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Joking aside.... Don't you think they know that already mate?

Axle

Wanderer
Getting encrypted client disconnect notice using latest version of CUO and version 5.0.7 patch 52 of the client. Any suggestions?

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2086 items, 497 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...done (99859 items, 2418 mobiles) (5.96 seconds)
Address: 127.0.0.1:2593
Address: ::1:2593
Address: 192.168.1.3:2593
Client: 192.168.1.3: Connected. [1 Online]
Login: 192.168.1.3: Valid credentials for 'Ares'
Client: 192.168.1.3: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
Client: 192.168.1.3: Disconnected. [0 Online] [ares]

jaynigs

Wanderer
Axle said:
Getting encrypted client disconnect notice using latest version of CUO and version 5.0.7 patch 52 of the client. Any suggestions?

Patch 52? is that 3d? as im only on patch 37 here, are you trying to connect to a local server?

jaynigs

Wanderer
Thistle said:
He/she is probably patching up from AoS whereas you're patching up from SE.

Yeah didnt think of that, im patching from ML client, he probably has SE.

Looking at his server output, he is connecting locally. For now axle, i would suggest to use razor to connect to your local server, as there is a known issue ( read above ),

other than that the public servers seem to be fine for most people?

Axle

Wanderer
jaynigs said:
Yeah didnt think of that, im patching from ML client, he probably has SE.

Looking at his server output, he is connecting locally. For now axle, i would suggest to use razor to connect to your local server, as there is a known issue ( read above ),

other than that the public servers seem to be fine for most people?

Yea. I can connect to public servers, just not locally. Thanks for the suggestions, I'll give it a try asap.

Whitebear

Wanderer
Everyone keeps saying I should use Razor to connect to my server, as neither UOG nor CUO are working at this point, due to encryption issues. Unfortunately, I am not accustomed to using Razor by itself to connect. I am trying to connect to my RunUO shard, where my client is on the same machine. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make Razor connect properly this way? I haven't been able to get Razor to connect so far. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.