RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New leveling/rp/objective shard looking for like minded staff.

Not sure if this has been completed before, but I'm looking to build a shard that is almost entirely based on quests, with a type of leveling system.

I don't want to go into too much detail of the story line, physics and gameplay, but for anyone that is good at scripting and has experience with custom npcs and items. I feel this could be a really fun project. I'm estimating the project will take about 4-6 months to complete. I used to run ambiance uo years ago, so I have plenty of experience in world building, have a 50 meg up and down connection and an overkill server. Would love to get back into building a shard again and even have some of my old staff assisting. With so many shards out there, I feel building one that holds the integrity and excessive amount of objectives would be a great addition for players that still enjoy UO but hate stressing about an under populated shards. The first 4 levels are almost complete already, and would be happy to give anyone a walk through in game over my ideas.. Anyone interested, please PM me or add me on aim. Screename is "Drox". Send me any links to your previous work so we can get busy! Thanks again

Thanks for your time, and hope you'll join our team or come pay us a visit when we launch.

As a side note. A majority of the dynamics will be based on pre-aos, unless the team suggests and has valid arguments to change it. Thanks again

tindo

Sorceror
Sounds like a great project, I always thought it would be neat to have a shard with skill gain based on achievements instead of grinding. Best of luck, I'll be watching for it!

Will keep thread updated. As of now having a terrible time trying to figure out 2.3. So many variables have changed. I can barely code anything. Is there still support at all on this forum?.. Or should I revert back to 2.0?

tindo

Sorceror
Will keep thread updated. As of now having a terrible time trying to figure out 2.3. So many variables have changed. I can barely code anything. Is there still support at all on this forum?.. Or should I revert back to 2.0?

I would suggest checking out www.servuo.com. If your doing an upgrade might as well do one that is getting more support.

I might give it a go and see how it works. The benefit I have with runuo is systems like xmlspawner and other additions that will make for quests and leveling much easier

tindo

Sorceror
I might give it a go and see how it works. The benefit I have with runuo is systems like xmlspawner and other additions that will make for quests and leveling much easier

XMLspawner is fully functional on ServUO. Most of the scripts are as well, those that are not are usually updated quickly, plus there are many new releases there as well.