RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gorgan

Squire
This search string will allow you to EXCLUDE the Revelations forums. HOWEVER, this list will need to be updated anytime there are any changes with the Revelations forum-IDs. Hope this helps!

search.php?do=getnew&exclude=67,68,69,70,72,73,71

Deimos

Page
The best (commercial) forum software, in my opinion, is Invision board, followed by VBulletin (3.x series)

No doubt when, or even IF Internet brands fixes up VB 4.X, it'll be worth buying.

Xeevis

Sorceror

Jeff

Lord
Xeevis;862567 said:
Why not? I have set up YAF on several portals and I'm more than happy with it and plan to use it quite extensively in near future, any insights into possible drawbacks are most welcome. Or you just meant that its not suitable for this particular environment we are sharing here? :cool:

Not suitable here, since here is a linux server running php and YAF is C#. Additionally you need to host it on a windows web host, which is never as secure as a linux web host. Aside from that, it isnt easy to extend, and I didn't much like the way it was designed. Php is just so much faster, and for an environment like this, speed is key.

Vorspire

Knight
Jeff;862908 said:
Not suitable here, since here is a linux server running php and YAF is C#. Additionally you need to host it on a windows web host, which is never as secure as a linux web host. Aside from that, it isnt easy to extend, and I didn't much like the way it was designed. Php is just so much faster, and for an environment like this, speed is key.

I concur. lol.