RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New RunUO Team Member - Ravenal

Ravenal

Knight
pacolaco2;814987 said:
I'm so glad to see a new runuo team member aboard, congratulations!

I'm jealous, as I have minimal scripting skills. Congratulations nonetheless!

Believe it or not, I worked for 6 years to get to where I am at :)...

Hammerhand

Knight
David;814989 said:
...so... explain to me again, whats runuo?

Its a thing we all enjoy playing and some of us enjoy repeatedly crashing test servers of it while creating weird scripts for others to enjoy while playing it. Clear enough for ya'? :D Oh yeah... forgot the most important part... Its the thing that has a forum that allows us the chance to torment you whenever we see you've posted something.

Ravenal

Knight
David;814989 said:
...so... explain to me again, whats runuo?
Uhh... Let me guess... We Run UO? As in the way it was meant to be?

Of course what I meant is that we are a community who enjoy UO and want to keep it alive...

Trip3033

Sorceror
Ravenal;814962 said:
A combination of Finite state machine with Schedule like system which are "AI Triggers" that can be executed with an OnThink concept. As well what you call "AI Hooks" are an extension to make new AI adding and Logics more easier to manage. As well higher level of Logics. Basically AI Types will no longer exists, as all AI will be done based on the creature's skills... There are four different AI Logic Levels. Of course I am not going to go into to much detail about this as in the future the entire system will be explained...

AI System will include a "Creature Special Abilities" that will allow faster Special Abilities to be added like Gas Attacks, Acid Spit, Area Damage, etc. all done with AI Triggers... The AI will open doors to even more advance AI logics which will be ported towards Custom Releases which I will provide more realistic AI.

nice sweet we needed somone with your talent! :D welcome the AI from RunUO are fairly dumb :p they get easily stuck on objects and they somtimes die before they even reach a range weapon person attacking him :p

Mideon

Page
Trip3033;815077 said:
nice sweet we needed somone with your talent! :D welcome the AI from RunUO are fairly dumb :p they get easily stuck on objects and they somtimes die before they even reach a range weapon person attacking him :p

Agreed. This direction with the AI will be extremely interesting to play around with. I can't wait to see this thing in testing and of course live on the SVN :p.

Great idea Ravenal.

Ravenal

Knight
silvertiger;815197 said:
welcome and when your done with ai show me how to get a server up on my piece of junk windows ME

LOL, posting in server support will get you more help than asking for help from me :)... The AI job will be a long term job, as well other future Jobs RunUO may want me to do =). I am also busy with Genesis 2, as well ConnectUO. Oh not to mention I am busy on my own shard projects and other shards as well. Label me Crazy but I am lol...

Hammerhand

Knight
Khaybel;815559 said:
congrats ravenal, just make sure he doesn't get a gf while working on the AI ;) winks at ravenal
I dunno... might make for an interesting AI. We could use it for Liacs massage wench script. :D

endwolf

Sorceror
Ravenal

Congrats!! Look forward to many many nights trying to learn the new rewrites. :p

Don't Work too hard.... It makes the others have to type faster..hehehe

Congrats Again.