RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New RunUO Team Member - Ravenal

Sierra Joyce

Sorceror
Hi Ravenal,
I just want to wish you well with your new post and title. It is amazing how many are still working at keeping it all fresh year after year.

All the Best!

-Sierra

Liacs

Sorceror
wow, long time ago... but sorry for digging this up: congrats Ravenal! I still remember our talks on messi! :) hope we will meet again soon!

Ravenal

Knight
Ravenal;814962 said:
A combination of Finite state machine with Schedule like system which are "AI Triggers" that can be executed with an OnThink concept. As well what you call "AI Hooks" are an extension to make new AI adding and Logics more easier to manage. As well higher level of Logics. Basically AI Types will no longer exists, as all AI will be done based on the creature's skills... There are four different AI Logic Levels. Of course I am not going to go into to much detail about this as in the future the entire system will be explained...

AI System will include a "Creature Special Abilities" that will allow faster Special Abilities to be added like Gas Attacks, Acid Spit, Area Damage, etc. all done with AI Triggers... The AI will open doors to even more advance AI logics which will be ported towards Custom Releases which I will provide more realistic AI.

After re-reading this thread... This stuff is no longer valid, the entire code behind this system is actually totally new and much easier to work with now :).

Btw Liacs thanks =)

MarciXs

Sorceror
Ravenal;845979 said:
After re-reading this thread... This stuff is no longer valid, the entire code behind this system is actually totally new and much easier to work with now :).

Btw Liacs thanks =)

Uhm, is the new AI system already in?

Ravenal

Knight
MarciXs;846152 said:
Uhm, is the new AI system already in?

Nope its not in yet... May be a bit as I am still working on the main core framework, once that is done everything else will come into place very fast, including that it will need testing on a week by week test center for all to help test it. =) (RunUO will be hosting this server)