RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Versions of Runuo having issues supporting high playerbase?

I was given this response due to an issue having on a freeshard i'm playing

~~ said:
With the inheritance of ~~ came the inheritance of the latest runUO code base updates. Apparently this does not scale at all passed 200 players and is extremely faulty.made the choice to upgrade early into ~~ existence. Beta testing with the 50-60 accounts we allowed in was not sufficient enough to trigger the lag-state we saw today.
I would like experienece Runuo'ers opion, is this possible or even likely. Or is the admin of the server tugging us around and blaming runuo for their lack of server stability.

Vorspire

Knight
It's not RunUO, it's the void between the Core and Scripts, a general incompatibility with custom, or heavily modified code that is either old, buggy, or has not been written to be compatible with the latest RunUO's high resolution performance.

MarciXs

Sorceror
Stress test could simply tell, run the runuo core without your scripts(fresh copy), then with ... simple.

There were issues with RunUo 2.4 core not being able to recognize some sort of timers that should occur on a physical host server but didn't occur over our virtual memory one

make sense to anyone?

Vorspire

Knight
Mark explained that too, I'm no expert on Virtual machines, but Mark was saying something about the hardware or software running on a VM being incapable of keeping accurate time.
Also something about RunUO's ability to perform performance counter queries that are used by the Core.TickCount implementation in critical code.

[20:34:06] (Mark_) and then released 2.4.1, which was a lot of the core enhancements backported from 2.5 (i.e. help run on system with realllllllly buggy or shitty hardware timers)
[20:34:13] (Mark_) then one of them casually mentioned they were running it on vmware
[20:34:17] (Mark_) and thats a big no-no for timing
[20:34:29] (Mark_) when you dont control the virtualization environment
[20:34:48] (Mark_) because your entire guest can get scheduled out and not be aware of real time thats elapsing if the underlying host is overloaded etc