RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Nujel'm) Battle Chess

Kamron

Knight
Since Arya seems to be inactive, in 2 weeks I will be off of class. I can fix up Battle Chess if anyone is interested. PVMSG me the crashes you are still getting. I will try my best.

It would be great if you could start your shards in -debug mode and try to force the crash to happen, that way I know the general area of where the crash took place and it would make my life alot easier. Thanks

ditmar

Wanderer
That would be awesome, sadly i cannot run the server in debug mode nor do i know what causes the crash. The only thing I have is 2 crash reports :

The most occuring crash :

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Arya.Chess.ChessGame.AcceptGame(Mobile guest)
at Arya.Chess.StartGameGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

A crash I only had once :

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Arya.Chess.BChessboard.PushGame(ChessColor nextMoveColor, Move move)
   at Arya.Chess.BChessboard.OnMoveOver(Move move)
   at Arya.Chess.BaseChessPiece.OnMoveOver()
   at Arya.Chess.ChessMobile.OnLocationChange(Point3D oldLocation)
   at Server.Mobile.SetLocation(Point3D newLocation, Boolean isTeleport)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.SetLocation(Point3D newLocation, Boolean isTeleport)
   at Server.Mobile.Move(Direction d)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMoveImpl(Direction d)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d, Boolean badStateOk)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoActionWander()
   at Server.Mobiles.MeleeAI.DoActionWander()
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.Think()
   at Server.Mobiles.AITimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()

Thanks a lot for lookign into it!

Viky

Wanderer
I have crash on my shard too. Version 1.2.5, no modification:

Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.0.2195.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032

Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index je mimo hranice pole. (in english: Index is out of array range)
at Arya.Chess.ChessSetGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()

Arya

Wanderer
I'm sorry for the lack of support, but my real life is keeping me very busy lately. I have no time frame for a new release at this time I'm afraid.

Prig, the kings should be on their colors, not the queens.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Arya said:
I'm sorry for the lack of support, but my real life is keeping me very busy lately. I have no time frame for a new release at this time I'm afraid.

Prig, the kings should be on their colors, not the queens.

I have to say that it is definately the Queens that should be on their own colours, not the kings.

Im still using an older version of this and ive not had one problem so far.

Arya

Wanderer
My bad, will be fixed if I ever get to release an update. For some reason I always thought it was the king, go figure.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Arya said:
My bad, will be fixed if I ever get to release an update. For some reason I always thought it was the king, go figure.

Hehe no probs, i think osi made this mistake, thing is that the actual squares on the board are wrong, as you look at the board the South west corner ( the side of the whites army ) is meant to be a black square ( not white ) which means the queen is in her right place and the chess setup is correct, the problem is that this makes the queen on her wrong colour square ( due to the row starting with a white square and not black ), BUT she IS in the correct place to the left of the king ( for white ) and directly opposite to the black queen.

This same flaw is present on the chess board that is already in game.

So its not a script issue as such, its a problem with the graphics

So please DON'T change that lol! or we will have a completely flawed game of chess ( like the already ingame one is )

smeghead

Wanderer
King take crash

Did you ever address the issue where sometimes the player is able to TAKE the king and it causes a shard crash? I saw someone else mention it.

I was watching a game and he was in CHECK, then he seemed to have another go out of turn, his bishop cast the EB on the King and started to walk over to it then CRASH.
NO piece shold ever be able to take the king right?

LOVE this game, great work but :(

cant have a server crash

thanks in advance

pepper170

Squire
overide issue

""Line 152: 'Arya.Chess.ChessRegion.Register<>': Cannot override inherited member ' Server.Region.Register<>' because it is not marked virtual, abstract, or override.""

I just installed this and got this compile error. I am runing RunUO 2.0 if that helps