RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(Nujel'm) Battle Chess

Juggalo0504

Wanderer
7 errors

Little Problem...

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (7 errors, 6 warnings)
- Warning: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS0660: (line 135, colu
mn 19) 'Server.Mobiles.HomeBounds' defines operator == or operator != but does n
ot override Object.Equals(object o)
- Warning: Scripts\Engines\AI\Creature\BaseCreature.cs: CS0661: (line 135, colu
mn 19) 'Server.Mobiles.HomeBounds' defines operator == or operator != but does n
ot override Object.GetHashCode()
- Error: Scripts\Custom\BattleChess\Items\ChessControl.cs: CS0200: (line 47, co
lumn 5) Property or indexer 'Server.Rectangle2D.Width' cannot be assigned to --
it is read only
- Error: Scripts\Custom\BattleChess\Items\ChessControl.cs: CS0200: (line 48, co
lumn 5) Property or indexer 'Server.Rectangle2D.Height' cannot be assigned to --
it is read only
- Error: Scripts\Custom\BattleChess\Items\ChessControl.cs: CS0200: (line 67, co
lumn 6) Property or indexer 'Server.Rectangle2D.Width' cannot be assigned to --
it is read only
- Error: Scripts\Custom\BattleChess\Items\ChessControl.cs: CS0200: (line 68, co
lumn 6) Property or indexer 'Server.Rectangle2D.Height' cannot be assigned to --
it is read only
- Error: Scripts\Custom\BattleChess\BaseChessPiece.cs: CS0117: (line 226, colum
n 5) 'Arya.Chess.ChessMobile' does not contain a definition for 'SolidHueOverrid
e'
- Error: Scripts\Custom\BattleChess\BaseChessPiece.cs: CS0117: (line 228, colum
n 4) 'Arya.Chess.ChessMobile' does not contain a definition for 'MoveToWorld'
- Error: Scripts\Custom\BattleChess\ChessMobile.cs: CS0103: (line 68, column 4)
The name 'MoveToWorld' does not exist in the class or namespace 'Arya.Chess.Che
ssMobile'
- Warning: Scripts\Custom\Mini-Factions\FactionPointSystem.cs: CS0183: (line 62
, column 14) The given expression is always of the provided ('Server.Mobiles.Pla
yerMobile') type
- Warning: Scripts\Items\Wands\BaseWand.cs: CS0219: (line 211, column 8) The va
riable 'number' is assigned but its value is never used
- Warning: Scripts\Custom\Shroud.cs: CS0183: (line 39, column 20) The given exp
ression is always of the provided ('Server.Mobile') type
- Warning: Scripts\Custom\Shroud.cs: CS0183: (line 43, column 21) The given exp
ression is always of the provided ('Server.Mobile') type
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Arya

Wanderer
Yes I believe that's the kind of issues you have with Beta 36. I'm sorry but I'm not going to support older versions, if you really don't want to update your server and want to use the system you'll have to manually fix it.

Talrol

Wanderer
Sets

Arya do you have any plans to make the Sets changable by the players when they are setting up a new game? Or do you intend to keep it in the props of the stone only? If the latter would you mind if I edit the script to allow for players to choose their sets upon starting a new game, and then upload the code here for others to use if they wish to?

sUpplier1

Wanderer
I've got the crash today, one player offered another to play. And another player accepted and server crashed:

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Arya.Chess.ChessGame.AcceptGame(Mobile guest) in c:\UO\RUnUO\Scripts\_CustomNew\BattleChess.1.2.4\ChessGame.cs:line 350
at Arya.Chess.StartGameGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info) in c:\UO\RUnUO\Scripts\_CustomNew\BattleChess.1.2.4\Gumps\StartGameGump.cs:line 120
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Tested on BattleChess.1.2.4, with -debug

Icon

Wanderer
k found 1 bug and 1 suggestion i know u have like 4 or 5 chess types why not make that option avaible to the players to choose what they want the chess peaces to look like b4 game?

And a bug when u use the decore command and have a region setup (using new jhelom own chess board) the server crashes.

Other then that perfect chess game & nice work :p

Hk

SeeD

Wanderer
Please help a problem... I Thank in advance...
Log crash server....
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Arya.Chess.Chessboard.PushGame(ChessColor nextMoveColor, Move move)
at Arya.Chess.Chessboard.OnMoveOver(Move move)
at Arya.Chess.BaseChessPiece.OnMoveOver()
at Arya.Chess.Rook.OnMoveOver()
at Arya.Chess.ChessMobile.OnLocationChange(Point3D oldLocation)
at Server.Mobile.SetLocation(Point3D newLocation, Boolean isTeleport)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.SetLocation(Point3D newLocation, Boolean isTeleport)
at Server.Mobile.Move(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMoveImpl(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d, Boolean badStateOk)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoMove(Direction d)
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.DoActionWander()
at Server.Mobiles.MeleeAI.DoActionWander()
at Server.Mobiles.BaseAI.Think()
at Server.Mobiles.AITimer.OnTick()
at Server.Timer.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

P.S. Used last version of a script BattleChess[1].1.2.4

Dr.quick

Wanderer
first off grate piece of work here, second a question im new to scripting so im not sure how to go about it but the people ive used this script with came up with an idea, what kind of tag would i have to put in the script for this to happen, at the end of the game the winner gets his game record (nothing new there) and the loser, dies im guessing it would be something like [kill (m) something or other but can anyone point me in the rite direction,

habitat85

Wanderer
Not sure if this was mentioned or not in previous posts but I dont have time to read them all so if its been mentioned just ignore post.

Queen and king are on wrong spot when starting the game, Queen should always go on her color, not a big deal :)

But this is just truly amazing work Arya, Ive added this to my shard and have played more games of chess in the last 3 weeks then I have the last 7 years. Thanks again for sharing all these wonderful things you make. by far a truely apreciated member of this community, Im sure I speak for all on that.

Talrol

Wanderer
Yeah that was addressed a while ago...the thing is that the chess board in Nujel'm has the squares backwards :p If I remember reading correctly she did fix this (or is planning on fixing this) when you add your own chess board.

Jeremy508

Wanderer
is it possible to have two different sets on the board at the same time. Like one be the classic set and the other be undead?

Arya

Wanderer
Jeremy508 said:
is it possible to have two different sets on the board at the same time. Like one be the classic set and the other be undead?

Yes if you script it. I'm not going to ;)

joantinet

Wanderer
Arya said:
Yes if you script it. I'm not going to ;)

is it very hard to script it? it would be really cool to fight against another person that has another piece set. actually i think it would be one of the best things... beasts against humans... heheh... if hard i think you will be probably one of the few people in this forum that can do it :p

Drauka36s

Wanderer
I love ya -- erm, it, but theres a bug! :(

I'm in love. When I first saw this I was in complete awe, and couldn't believe that someone would be willing to put so much working into a script.

Unfortunately, I believe I have found a bug. When my black queen moved into a position where the white king was in mate, the server crashed (and didn't give me my trophy. >_<). I've got a picture of the situation, if it helps at all (I needed proof that I won, after all. :D).

The match took place in Trammel between two staff members.

EDIT: I changed it to a link 'cause its not a small picture, and I'm cheap. ;)

ChessError.jpg

EDIT: Bah, ignore me. I figured out that it was because I didn't have a backpack. When it tried to hue the trophey it crashed 'cause it couldn't create it. Maybe you could add in a line: if( trophey == null ) return;?

Not terribly important, as most people should have a backpack, but might be worth doing.

hellspawn

Wanderer
A great script:)

The Players on our shard asked if it is possible insert the Castle King Inside Move( L'Arrocco in italiano se non capisci a cosa mi riferisco).