RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Map0 that I would like to update

LCOA

Sorceror
I've got an old Map0.mul file that was from a server I use to run. It's a completely custom map and was my pride and joy. Recently I've recovered the files we had for the server and wanted to try to get things back up and running.

Is there any way that I can put this file to use? or convert it to the newer format? It's from 2003 and I have the Statics and Staidx files as well. Worst case scenario, I'll have to start from scratch again which is what I'm expecting, but as you can see, I haven't done much in the Free UO community in 10 years. Trying to get things rolling again.

Preview of map.

m309

Squire
You can easily use that map in any client up to 7.0.23.1. If you'd like to use it in a newer client, thats possible too, but would take more work. Modifying client files is frowned upon here, so feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

LCOA

Sorceror
PMed. I feel so lost from the days of using InsideUO to do EVERYTHING except for roofs which I did with worldforge or manually. Although, I was running my server on UOX3 and UOXC back in the day.

LCOA

Sorceror
Thanks everyone. I've got the map running on centered+ and have been working on fixing little issues like mistake in the coasts. Then I need to add the buildings and final tweaks. I've spent the past two nights working my way around the coats. Needless to say, I'm getting sick of working on them and an eager for some town building.

Sareus

Squire
Loving it! Keep up the great work and feel free to post more images, Ill gladly stop by to view them.

Dian

Sorceror
Pandora's box has a roof maker. It works well but I would recommend trying it out in a testing area to get familiar with how it works before going right into your real developmental areas.

Thats a nice map :)

LCOA

Sorceror
Actually, it's not placed. It's because that was the last item that I placed before I took the screenshot so it was still on the cursor in Centred when I took it.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
Looks pretty damn awesome, can not wait to see more!
Definitely subscribing to this thread. Are you planning on releasing the map when your done? I would be very interested in this.

LCOA

Sorceror
I'm not sure. I hadn't thought much about it. My goal was eventually to get a server up and running.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
I'm not sure. I hadn't thought much about it. My goal was eventually to get a server up and running.

I have been looking ta custom maps and doing bits for years on a very noobish basis with the goal of starting up a server :) I have a well known map from Darkshards but I must say your map is looking very very nice indeed, I can not wait to see more of it.

I may also look into CentreED+ as I not got into any of the new stuff, my last attempt at mapping was Pandoras about 5years ago :)

LCOA

Sorceror
I just wanted to do my own map, versus using someone elses. It will take some time as I do not have any staff working with me on this, but it's coming along. I'm semi picky when it comes to design work.