RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open source client

SamBlack

Wanderer
Hello,

First of all I've tried to search the forum for this information, but I'm getting:
RunUO Community - Error
The search could not be completed. Please try again later

I'm working on a university project (I'm a student) and I think I could use RunUO to achieve my goals, however this may require a lille bit of heavy tweaking (I'm still in the process of understanding the requirements and how I'm gonna tackle it).

One of the requirements is having a client I can also tweak, but I'm unsure if there is any open source client available. I know there is UO Iris, but I would prefer one built on C# rather than c++. I seem to recall that there was a client called PlayUO, but I haven't been able to find that much information about it... was it canceled?

So my question is, are there any available open source clients, preferable .NET, that I can use?

Thanks,
SB

PS: I'm not sure this is the right place to be posting this thread, so if not, could you please move it to the right place? Thanks

m309

Squire
There aren't any that are completed, no.

UltimaXNA and Fluorescence are semi-functional, but either would require a good bit of work to finish functionality.

SamBlack

Wanderer
Ah, damn it... what happened to playuo? I seem to recall that it was highly functional, isn't there any source left for that? :)

fwiffo

Sorceror
PlayUO isn't opensourced, it's C# code is anyway viewable, beside someone here might think that doing this is morally wrong, to me for educational and learning purposes there isn't anything wrong.

SamBlack

Wanderer
Yes it's viewable but I wouldn't feel happy with that situation plus, I really need permission (reports and stuff). I guess I either choose Iris2 or go somewhere else... thanks for the replies. :)

fwiffo

Sorceror
Eh, the only complete client is IRIS2, but it isn't anyway good to use, it lacks the basic playability, uses LUA, and a language, if you want to mod it, that you have to learn.