RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Our Changes both in the website and perspective.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
I know a lot of you have been wondering what my deal is with all of the changes to RunUO. Why the forum consolidation, bringing in third parties and why the new found interest in getting RunUO up-to-date.

It boils down to our new motto (for which I have to give credit to Tim Sanders) of L2C2. L2C2 or Learn, Listen, Communicate and Connect is something I learned from Tim Sanders and has changed my outlook on a lot of the projects I work on and perhaps even my life. The various RunUO projects being spread out amongst other domains and forums has caused a “black hole” effect which has spread focus too far to be able to concentrate on the overall community, foster it’s growth and essentially make this place a vibrant community of people who work together, play together and enjoy what we do.

We’re past the stressful point of RunUO… that is we’ve “made it”. RunUO is a solid platform which provides the best possible Ultima Online emulation experience you could hope to have. It’s infinitely customizable and can be used to do anything you want with Ultima Online. Now it’s time to take a step back and enjoy what we’ve created… add the new features we’ve been missing in an organized manner that isn’t work but is a passion.

We want to bring everything together, our four shards, ConnectUO, Razor and RunUO into one centralized place. We realize this is going to add some complexity to our forums and change the experience for everyone in one way or another but keep in mind… we’re all here because we share a passion for Ultima Online. We all have some common ground no matter how “far out” some of us may be. A combined community brings together everyone in a manner which allows us to centralize efforts, spend less time on separate sites and more time to work on our projects rather than our web platforms.

I realize this change is going to be a challenge for some of you but if you hang in there you’ll realize quickly the quality of this community is going to expand exponentially and make being here much better.

I know we don't like change... I know a lot of you don't like the "Social" feel of the forums but you're going to have to get used to it. We're an early adopter because we believe in this product and we think it will make this place better for the long haul. If you can't hang in there, I am sorry but we're not going back.

Thank you all for your support... and please enjoy our new approach to RunUO.

The challenge will be applying this new perspective to the RUO/UOG network. I can agree wholeheartedly that the L2C2 motto would work very well for it, but the trick will be balancing things to make it all fit together. I think one lesson we're seeing already, that I don't think any of us entirely foresaw, was that we could get an information overload by interconnecting things, that could drown out the ability to communicate. Refinement will be necessary in order to ensure both the connectivity and communication can be equally facilitated, and I look forward to seeing this develop.

September

Sorceror
I really Love the Motto as well , I was just myself recently contemplating that while reading it thinking you know that really is what runuo is becoming it has come a long way since back in the day :p

I don't mind the "social" feel of runuo, if we were not all being "social" no one would have gotten as far as they have in one project or another by doing exactly as you said to:
"Learn, Listen, Communicate and Connect"

The Only Thing I myself seem to be having trouble with now is it seems in my "searches" i am not getting the same content that i would have before which is making things more difficult, maybe someone can give me a suggestion? Or is this what you mean Notheking By " information overload by interconnecting things??"

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Nottheking -

You seem to not pay much attention...

In my post inviting everyone back I specifically said "WE ARE NOT DONE" in caps...

Wait until we're done to tell us what "challenges" we will have.

We've been doing this a long ass time, at least let us finish before you tell us what is/will be wrong.

Ryan

Barnicoat

Sorceror
Duuuuuude, Ryan. I just discovered the Xenblack Pro setting. It made my day. That's EXACTLY what I wanted.

Thank You.