RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Privacy policy

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Dear Internet website visitor (“you”):

Thank you for your interest in RunUO Software ("RunUO"). This Privacy Policy describes RunUO’s privacy policy with regard to our Internet website located at http://www.runuo.com or any successor Internet website thereto (the “Site”). By visiting the Site, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Policy. THIS PRIVACY POLICY MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME, SO PLEASE CHECK BACK PERIODICALLY.

RunUO treats your visit to our Site as we would treat any other interaction with our valued and prospective users: as a private matter between you and RunUO. We want you to know up front how we deal with any personally identifiable information you see fit to provide to us during our interactions with you. Therefore, this Privacy Policy will answer the following questions.

1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you and how will it be used?
2. What information may be gathered from children?
3. What cookies are and how they are used?
4. Who should you contact if you have any questions concerning this Privacy Policy?

What personally identifiable information is collected from you and how will it be used?

In general, you can visit our Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. In fact, we encourage anonymous surfing so that you can find out more about who we are. However, there are times when we may need and request personally identifiable information from you so that we can better serve you.

RunUO will only collect personally identifiable information (such as your name or e-mail address) when it is voluntarily submitted to us at the Site. We will use this information to comply with your request for information or as otherwise disclosed to you at the location on the Site at which you submit your information. For example, if you request access to our forums we need to know your email address to ensure you're not a web based robot designed to spam our website. We may use that information to contact you.

We will not sell or otherwise transfer the personally identifiable information you provide via the Site to any third party unless (1) otherwise disclosed to you when you submit your information; (2) in connection with the sale of all or substantially all of the assets of RunUO; or (3) for compliance with possible legal or governmental disclosure requirements.. We do not rent, sell or otherwise share information that we gather about our website visitors with outside parties. The bottom line is that all the information that you provide to us via the Site will remain with RunUO and/or its partners.

We provide links to third party Internet sites strictly as a service to you, and linking with third party Internet sites does not take you off of the Site. Again, your personally identifiable information is not shared with these third parties. However, RunUO is not responsible for the privacy practices of third party Internet sites. If you leave the Site you should be sure to read the privacy policy of each Internet site that you visit.

The Site uses information in aggregate form to track the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors' Internet service providers. No personally identifiable information is revealed to us in this process.

What information may be gathered from children?

The Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. RunUO does not collect personally identifiable data from any person it knows to be under the age of 13.

What cookies are and how they are used?

Some pages within the Site may use a technology called "cookies". A cookie is a token that a server gives to your browser when you access an Internet website. Cookies are capable of storing many types of data. Cookies help provide additional functionality to the site or to help us analyze site usage more accurately. In all cases in which cookies are used, the cookie will not collect personally identifiable information except with your explicit permission.

Who should you contact if you have any questions concerning this Privacy Policy?

If you would like further information, or to provide feedback about what you like about our Site, this Privacy Policy or how our site could be more useful to you, please contact us at: [email protected].

Please enjoy your visit to the RunUO Internet website.

Thank you, and best regards,
Ryan McAdams
Founder
RunUO Software
View the Post on the Blog

Glad to know that. Sadly that doesn't stop other users/shard owners here from sending personal info and calling out your children's names on topsites as 2 of your members have done. Does this rule also apply to your moderators and staff? The reason I ask is because one of the people "was" a developer at that "other" site and is still a member here. Thanks.

I gotcha. I'm pretty mad cause I got this sandwich a few minutes ago, and they put tomatoes on it... almost fooled me. You know how it is when you order a sandwich with no tomatoes, and they have to try to terrorize your sandwich. Glad to hear my info is safe.

Phantom

Knight
Glad to know that. Sadly that doesn't stop other users/shard owners here from sending personal info and calling out your children's names on topsites as 2 of your members have done. Does this rule also apply to your moderators and staff? The reason I ask is because one of the people "was" a developer at that "other" site and is still a member here. Thanks.

I am not going to dismiss the fact this person was out of line for doing what he did, but perhaps, children should learn not give their real names out?

It wasn't until I knew somebody over 5 years ( online ) before they even knew my name, sadly I am no longer in contact with many of those people, despite my best efforts.