RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protocol?

MatsVed

Wanderer
Protocol?

Can we get this cleared once and for all?
What is the sequencing of packets being sent in the protocol? At least for the login phase?

I've been looking through here, this, that oh and this one, too!

They all do a good job of documenting all the packets, but none of them pay attention to the sequencing!
I know the client initially connects to port 2593 and sends the login seed (apparently it does this even when started by Razor), but then what?! It seems to stop dead in it's tracks waiting for the server to send a packet, and I have no idea which one. I tried sending the 0xA8 packet (Game Server List) on port 2593, but nothing happened.

Advice please!

Edit: I've been peeking through the C# console client that was linked to in the topic underneath this one, but I've not been able to figure out packet sequencing...

MatsVed

Wanderer
Nevermind!

Turns out I forgot to call BeginReceive() in my callback, so I wasn't getting the 0x80 packet that was being sent! :D

MatsVed

Wanderer
Heh, now I'm stuck again. :\

First the client sends the encryption seed. Then it sends the accountlogin packet (0x80).
Then server responds with... what?
I'm currently sending 0x81 (AccountLogin OK).
Nothing happens!