RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor 1.0.6 does not start

Kagemaru

Wanderer
Razor 1.0.6 does not start

When I start up Razor 1.0.6, I get a runtime error for Updater.exe:

Code:
Uptater.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging services
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xa3c (2620), Thread id=0x8a4 (2212)
The process and thread ids change everytime I try to start Razor.

I have Microsoft .NET 1.1 and 2.0 installed, and I'm running Windows Professional x64.

StratusX

Wanderer
[17:54:32.5625 (1/20/07)]: Logging started
[17:54:32.5625]: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Updater.Downloader.DownloadFile()
[17:54:32.5625]: Connection failed!
[17:54:33.0781]: Update download failed!

StratusX

Wanderer
Im getting the same problem.

I just started up playing again.. and I have the patch 5.0.0a for UO and razor 1.0.6. It goes to the updater.exe and it says it fails due to time out...

[17:54:32.5625 (1/20/07)]: Logging started
[17:54:32.5625]: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed-out.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at Updater.Downloader.DownloadFile()
[17:54:32.5625]: Connection failed!
[17:54:33.0781]: Update download failed!

Okay my friend keeps getting a Common Language Runtime Debugging Services Razor Error everytime he opens Razor.
Now he cant uninstall .Net frrameworks 1.1 for some reason also re-insatalling teh latest razor doesnt work heres its exactly what it says:

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled

Process id=0xfe0(4064), Thread id=0x3o8(776)

CLick ok to terminate, Cancel to debug.. WE've tried running the debug by cancelling but it doesnt work... what can you do?

Fr0sty

Lord
Also make sure you dont have 2 different versions of razor installed in different places. I just tried that and got the same error as some of you guys are getting. Make sure you only have 1 version of razor installed...the latest.

Fantastic

Wanderer
Zippy;638908 said:
Manually downloading and installing razor from Razor.RunUO.com should circumvent the issue.

I meet this problem too.
I've uninstall razor, and reinstall it. (I've downloaded the file at above url.)
Unluckily it's still continued the problem (Updater.exe)
I am using the client 5.8.0.2 (Patch 42)

Should I reinstall the UO file?

Torgin.

Sorceror
I'm stuck as well... How do you manually download razor?... I'm a total newb to this. Also I'm trying to delete razor completely and it won't let me delete language and razor saying that its in use even though I have nothing running.

sirshady420

Wanderer
Log Files

Which log files would you like me to post sir? I looked for the one you quoted up higher in the threads. I can't find the one you mentioned. I even have my hidden files showing. The only log that I show in the Razor Folder in my Prog Files is the changelog text document.

Thanks again,

Matt

P.S.- I also have the Razor.exe file on my desktop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Razor like 4 times now. I am updated with .net 1.1 w/SP, .net 2, and .net 3

Fantastic

Wanderer
Zippy;656277 said:
You guys need to post your log files.

Download Razor manually from Razor

[11:40:26.1250 (2/25/07)]: Logging started
[11:40:26.1718]: System.InvalidOperationException: 已停用處理序效能計數器,所以無法執行所要求的作業。
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library)
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine)
at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName(String processName, String machineName)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName(String processName)
at Updater.UpdaterMain.Main()

First of all, I copied them from updater.txt.

And apologize for inconvience because I'm an Asian user of razor.

Btw, can we dl razor automatically?
Usually it will link to webpage when updating.

sirshady420

Wanderer
Update.txt File

[21:57:50.3437 (2/23/07)]: Logging started
[21:57:50.3437]: System.InvalidOperationException: Process performance counter is disabled, so the requested operation cannot be performed.
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(PerformanceCounterLib library)
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName, Boolean isRemoteMachine)
at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.GetProcessInfos(String machineName)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName(String processName, String machineName)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.GetProcessesByName(String processName)
at Updater.UpdaterMain.Main()

Here is what I get in my txt document for the Updater every time that I try to log in.

sirshady420

Wanderer
Holy Hell, I FIXED IT MYSELF!!!!!

> common will it be that the process performance counter will be
> disabled?

I succeeded to reenable the appropriate performance counter by opening
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfProc\Performance
in
the registry and removing an entry named "Disable Performance
Counters".

More information can be found at:
Controlling the disabling of Performance Monitor extensions
PRB: Performance Object Is Not Displayed in Performance Monitor

I did a search on the process performance counter disabled in google. I got this off the first hit!!!!!! Here you all go!!!!! Hope this helps!!!

sirshady420

Wanderer
Did this help?

Just wanted to poke in and see if this helped any other problems people were having...... I'm still ok after my regedit!!!:)