RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor problems?

wolfinden

Traveler
hey guys
so i got my shard up and running the problem i'm having is when i go into the game and try and edit my options i get this error:

Code:
could not open file for writing: c\program files\uo\account\test shard\bob\desktop.uos

i'm running windows 7 32 bit

Dian

Sorceror
It may be that the file it is trying to write to is read only protected. Try selecting the file or folder properties, and encheck the read only property.

Dian

Sorceror
This is a windows security issue, not a fault of razor completely.

You might be able to uninstall Razor, and reinstall it in a different directory other than Program Files. I am pretty certain that the Program Files directory on newer Windows OS is very difficult for the user to change security settings like this. It can be done, but depending on what you know about Windows, you might have an easier time just reinstalling it into a different directory where permissions and security are not so tight, and Windows does not have enhanced settings.

Also, I have found that Windows likes to reset the security back to read only after a reboot or something, even after you edit them.