RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAZOR\UO Help Needed Please!!

WillieZeke

Sorceror
Hello, I have been playing UO games since about 2003 and I had my own private shard some time ago that I was going to work on (on a pc with xp) however that pc got stolen. Now i have a HP with win7 and I finally got today got time to start a new project. After all day of reading and trial and error i finally was able to get the server up and running. The problem I am having now is I cant get UO or Razor to connect to the shard and need a bit of assistance. Things I have Tried and the outcomes:

UO - The version of UO from www.uo,com will not seem to work. When i start up the server it says some crazy junk that i dont understand. so i got a version of uo from another post here somewhere in the forums that led me to a cnet copy and it started just fine with the exception of it looks like a -VB.NET scripts which could be my issue but not sure... So when I start UO it says something about needing to patch or i may be able to press OK to play but the OK remains grayed and it wont allow me to press OK and I see there is like a bar next to it where I assume it shows patching progress but it does nothing.

Razor - When i start Razor it allows me to enter path and IP and port and so i do then i click OK and get an error saying: Unknown_ERROR twoD or something like that.

The last time I tried to start a shard I had some challenges too but it was a simple clioc issue and a .netframework that was easily fixed by getting the file. This time i have no idea the issue because it doesnt tell me the issue!!! If anyone could help I would so so so so much appreciate it.

it looks like the version of uo is 1.25.35 according to a file named version in the uo file i downloaded which totally doesnt seem right. as i said i tried to update and patch to no success... here are some screenies i took to try and help you help me lol. If you have any questions just help. I am really a noob but i am trying to learn!

Attachments

• Razorissue2.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 4
  • RUNUO.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 5
  • patch1.png
    35.6 KB · Views: 4
  • sys111.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 4

WillieZeke

Sorceror
Hello, I have been playing UO games since about 2003 and I had my own private shard some time ago that I was going to work on (on a pc with xp) however that pc got stolen. Now i have a HP with win7 and I finally got today got time to start a new project. After all day of reading and trial and error i finally was able to get the server up and running. The problem I am having now is I cant get UO or Razor to connect to the shard and need a bit of assistance. Things I have Tried and the outcomes:

UO - The version of UO from www.uo,com will not seem to work. When i start up the server it says some crazy junk that i dont understand. so i got a version of uo from another post here somewhere in the forums that led me to a cnet copy and it started just fine with the exception of it looks like a -VB.NET scripts which could be my issue but not sure... So when I start UO it says something about needing to patch or i may be able to press OK to play but the OK remains grayed and it wont allow me to press OK and I see there is like a bar next to it where I assume it shows patching progress but it does nothing.

Razor - When i start Razor it allows me to enter path and IP and port and so i do then i click OK and get an error saying: Unknown_ERROR twoD or something like that.

The last time I tried to start a shard I had some challenges too but it was a simple clioc issue and a .netframework that was easily fixed by getting the file. This time i have no idea the issue because it doesnt tell me the issue!!! If anyone could help I would so so so so much appreciate it.

it looks like the version of uo is 1.25.35 according to a file named version in the uo file i downloaded which totally doesnt seem right. as i said i tried to update and patch to no success... here are some screenies i took to try and help you help me lol. If you have any questions just help. I am really a noob but i am trying to learn!

Nevermind!!! all my stuff was out dated I found a wonderful person that posted all updated stuff to get me going that can be found @ http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/how-to-start-from-scratch.535806/#post-3982314 just in case anyone else experiences issues!!