RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Razor with 7.x clients

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Razor with 7.x clients

We are aware that Razor is broken with clients who's version is 7.x or greater and are working on rectifying it. This is not a patch just to fix a changed encryption key it's actually more in-depth. We are actively engaged as a team in resolving this and will let you know as soon as it's done.

Thanks,
Ryan

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Well - I'd like to pass along information that the RunUO Team spent all night last night awake and has actually been able to figure out the new packet table and has a working Razor with the 7.0.0.2 right now.

We spent approximately twelve - fourteen hours on this and were able to solve it this morning without sleeping overnight.

We'll post a new build either later today or tomorrow morning.

Briggsy

Sorceror
Thank you! What a relief to hear that.
I was worried there for a moment after reading the other threads hehe.

Mideon

Page
Thanks for the hard work fellas....now get some sleep :D I've done the overnight thing before...it's ugly.

Might I ask what sort of things changed in the 7 series of clients (in terms of the packets?)

JLam92

Wanderer
Thank you very much... I will be donating for this... hopefully everyone holds true to their word too.

Artaxerxes

Sorceror
Hi, i'm the main developer at www.UOAI.be.

The last (few) days(s) i've been looking into v7.0.0.0 support too.

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that some new packets were introduced that will have to be supported by runuo first, so I don't think this issue can be resolved by any change to razor alone.

UOAI seems to work fine for v7 clients now, so i'm able to log packets when connected to EA Games servers, so if there is any way i can help, don't hesitate to contact me!
I didn't look into the actual packets being sent yet, but on UODEV.de :: Portal a lot of new UOKR/UOSA packets were described... I'm guessing this might be the same packets as now supported by the 2D clients, though i'm not sure about this (yet).

psz

Administrator
Artaxerxes;812134 said:
Hi, i'm the main developer at http://www.runuo.com/forums/announcements/www.UOAI.be.

The last (few) days(s) i've been looking into v7.0.0.0 support too.

I might be wrong, but it seems to me that some new packets were introduced that will have to be supported by runuo first, so I don't think this issue can be resolved by any change to razor alone.

UOAI seems to work fine for v7 clients now, so i'm able to log packets when connected to EA Games servers, so if there is any way i can help, don't hesitate to contact me!
I didn't look into the actual packets being sent yet, but on UODEV.de :: Portal a lot of new UOKR/UOSA packets were described... I'm guessing this might be the same packets as now supported by the 2D clients, though i'm not sure about this (yet).

RunUO itself already supports the 7.x clients, as you said, so there's no immediate need for RunUO to add any code. I would imagine that THE MAJORITY of the new packets are for the Gargoyle Player race.

Without code to support Gargs, the worst you should get is a message saying "You need an SA Account to use this" or something to that affect (similar to the days when AOS was new, and the client had support for Necro/Pally before RunUO did... Also Ninja/Samurai, and later Elves)

(PS: Next time, don't throw so many plugs in your post ;->)

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Just FYI -

There are no (at this time) core changes required to RunUO to support the 7.x clients.

Sinfire

Wanderer
What the...

When I try to log in to demise using razor I get the following message:

Razor was unable to initialize. Error code:NO_MEMCOPY
Description: Could not copy packet lengths and/ or encryption information from the client.
Cause: Your client version may not be compatible with this version of razor. You must update your client to at least 4.0.0.

My setup version is - 1.46.0.3(5) As I am a bit suckish when it comes to the interworkings of computers I am unsure as to what I should do... Any help would be awesome!!

Thanx.
P.S. I enjoi demise immensely :D

Artaxerxes

Sorceror
psz;812152 said:
RunUO itself already supports the 7.x clients, as you said, so there's no immediate need for RunUO to add any code. I would imagine that THE MAJORITY of the new packets are for the Gargoyle Player race.
Ryan;812156 said:
There are no (at this time) core changes required to RunUO to support the 7.x clients.

Ah ok, sorry then, I guess the freeserver I'm playing must not be up-to-date with the last runuo version. I can login, connect to the gameserver, get the welcome message; but then the client get's stuck waiting for a packet which is never sent by the server... I'll try some other free-servers then; since i'm not completely convinced yet. Anyone here ever connected to a runuo server with a v7 client using some other method than razor to patch encryption?

Edit: Ok, I tried UOGamers-Demise and can connect with a v7 client without problems after patching encryption with UOAI. So my appologies... the freeserver I play is probably not using the last runuo version.

Edit: A small UOAI-based tool that can be used to connect to free servers with v7 clients, for as long as razor hasn't been updated, can be found on http://www.decelle.be/UOAI/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=1329&sid=668c7b74615edfe9145ba70cbe01af43#p1329. Hope it's OK to post this here?

Alex21

Sorceror
It is also broken on Windows 7 after razors latest update "BadImageFormat" exception or somthen like that.

A reinstall won't fix the problem either, i hope it is not just my version of windows 7.

Build 7100.