RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing Trammel and Felucca issue

zzluis12

Sorceror
Hey guys...

I dont even know if this should go in this section or in the runuo support forum, well...

I have two custom maps that I would like to "replace" with trammel and felucca, they worked fine in Mondain's legacy, but we upgraded the client lasted classic one, and we figured out that the mul map/statics files doesnt exist at all.

So, i got the customs maps that i want to add as Map0.mul / Statics0.mul / Staidx0.mul / stadif0.mul

After the upgrade, they changed to Map0LegacyMUL.uop / Map0xLegacyMUL.uop instead

I've tried to rename the Map0.mul to Map0LegacyMUL.uop in the UO folder and i think it works, i can see the "plain world" the floor, and these things, but the buildings, and details aren't there...

I make it work once, but it was so long time ago, i want to go back in there for fun propurses...

I also remember that it has something to do with the statics, and the Map0X's files so... long time ago i made it works, just by renaming them, but i cant remember how, just got a older note that says:

"I need to make the 0 looks like 1"

where 0 means felucca and 1 means trammel as far i know...

So, how do i make the trick? how do i keep all entire Ilshenar, Malas, and Termur, but replace Felucca and trammel to my custom maps instead?

Dian

Sorceror
UOFiddler will convert your custom map/statics mul files to the *.uop format.

I have done this my custom map and seemed to work great. I only did a fast run around some areas test, because I am not yet ready to go the distance of upgrading everything, so I can not say its flawless.

try it out and let me know if there's issues.

Dian

Sorceror
Oh and I cant remember for certain, but the uop converter for fiddler may be a separate little add-on that you need to download and install into fiddler..
It may even be within this forum, like a script submission. I have to shut down, otherwise I would search a bit myself.
good luck

zzluis12

Sorceror
After several tries i've get this

Felucca, and Trammel

And i dont know why but my UO client crashes for walk in towns like Luna...
I noticed that these client crashes where present even before the insertion/replacement of trammel and felucca, just never saw them because i was only walking around felucca and trammel.

I cant even walk in felucca and trammel photos show above.

I dont know if it worth, i'm uploading the *.mul map files into mega then see if anyone can make them works, and please explain me how do the trick, because i couldn't... i'm kinda sad, cant remember what i did when they works ago 3-4 years

Miracle99

Squire
As Dian said. Use the UOP converter that is an addon for UOFiddler. Put all your custom mul files into the client directory. Then move the corresponding uop files out of the client directory (UOP Converter will not convert any files if the destination file is already there). Once you do that, just run the Converter and it will make your mul files into UOP files and you should be done.

zzluis12

Sorceror
I tried that you guys said, but now it crashes me the client instead with my now custom uop files... I was wondering if it has something to be with the Map0x, Map1x, Statics0x and those "x" named files... what they are?

Edit: The maps files seems to be "right" but the statics does not... all above the floor there's a thing that says UNUSED where floor shoulds be.

Edit2: When the runuo starts, it hangs on while loading the 'world' and it tells me that loads about 3million items... // i solved this by removing the missing items, they were in felucca, a map who by now i'm not spawning or something. still trying to hanging out the Trammel map work correctly

edit3: Currenly i'm trying to replace only trammel map, but i cant get it... i'll wait your answer to know what are these "x"'s files, because i only have map1,statics1,staidx1,staidl1,stadif1,mapdif1,mapdifl1... i dont know what to do with the X's files after i convert them, because there's an Map1LegacyMUL.uop file at output, but what about statics, and these things?

After several tries i got it, but the UO clients crashes instead, not for the maps, but for the NPCs... also my player its like "nude" i dont know if you understand, every vendor/guard, anything in the town its naked, with no clotches, no hair, in all the places... i dont know why :( I used an old Spawners.map files from Nerun's distro premium spawner to spawn all the entire world, but the npcs himself crash my client... It has to be something with any missing file in the client?

Miracle99

Squire
After several tries i got it, but the UO clients crashes instead, not for the maps, but for the NPCs... also my player its like "nude" i dont know if you understand, every vendor/guard, anything in the town its naked, with no clotches, no hair, in all the places... i dont know why :( I used an old Spawners.map files from Nerun's distro premium spawner to spawn all the entire world, but the npcs himself crash my client... It has to be something with any missing file in the client?

The nude issue is because you are probably using the most current client. Sometime after 7.0.30+ EA changed some stuff and peeps are all naked, when using Runuo2.3 or lower. There are several topics out there on how to fix it, most of them I believe involve upgrading to the newest runuo.