RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] RevRaffle 0.1.2

No permission to download

Erevan

Sorceror
Another suggestion (recommend by a Staff member): change the Name, Price, Date, and Time Left on the Props page. The label name itself is fine, but the value would look a little better with a different color.

Erevan

Sorceror
I am referring to the PAGE.Props segment of StoneGuide. Part of the gump displays the raffle item's name, ticket price, expiration date, and time left. i.e...

Item: Katana
Price: 500
Expiration: 4/19/2013 9pm
Time Left: 0:0:1:0

All of the above content is hued orange. The labels themselves can remain orange, while the values should be a different color. Again, an example:

Item: Katana
Price: 500
Expiration: 4/19/2013 9pm
Time Left: 0:0:1:0

Obviously not in that exact color pattern. Something that is aesthetically pleasing. Hopefully that makes a tad more sense. I already did this myself just by converting everything to HTML strings, and it looks great.

--

Also, how about a cap on how many tickets a player may purchase? I'll keep the suggestions on this flowing, if you're interested.

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Just a idea but have you taken a look at daat99s token system it has a lottery system that works like a raffle in a way. Maybe you can find some thing from that script to help fix the time problem.

Btw i have had one problem with this after the raffle is over it dos not say who won or gives the item away to the winner i waited online for a few hours after a raffle waiting and nuthen happened. The stone just reset and acted like the raffle was never set up any ideas why? Maybe i just did not do something right but who knows lol.

Thank you for the release though!

Bittiez

Sorceror
Just a idea but have you taken a look at daat99s token system it has a lottery system that works like a raffle in a way. Maybe you can find some thing from that script to help fix the time problem.

Btw i have had one problem with this after the raffle is over it dos not say who won or gives the item away to the winner i waited online for a few hours after a raffle waiting and nuthen happened. The stone just reset and acted like the raffle was never set up any ideas why? Maybe i just did not do something right but who knows lol.

Thank you for the release though!
There is no time issue.

Are you sure any tickets were purchased? If no tickets are purchased, it resets and no one wins.

nikkor1132

Sorceror
yes i made 6 player accounts and bought 50 tickets on each one.
sorry for the delay reply just got home and off work.

Bittiez

Sorceror
yes i made 6 player accounts and bought 50 tickets on each one.
sorry for the delay reply just got home and off work.
Well I don't know whats going wrong for you, I've tested this on ServUO and RunUO 2.3, and it works fine on both of them =/

MrNice

Squire
I am running a test of this on my shard right now as well. Fairly populated. Its running for 20 days though. Will be a random number of people and tickets sold so I will post results when the time comes.

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Ok well i will try to play with it as well i will put it on my live shard and see how it works test it out a little more could just be something im doing wrong lol.

By all means this is a great script i was not trying to put you down or none of that was just seeing if maybe some one else was getting the same problem i was is all Bittiez sorry if i offended you in any way. ;)

Ok MrNice let me know if you run into the same problem as me if you don't mind.

Bittiez

Sorceror
Ok well i will try to play with it as well i will put it on my live shard and see how it works test it out a little more could just be something im doing wrong lol.

By all means this is a great script i was not trying to put you down or none of that was just seeing if maybe some one else was getting the same problem i was is all Bittiez sorry if i offended you in any way. ;)

Ok MrNice let me know if you run into the same problem as me if you don't mind.
One thing I've wondered about since I started this script, were any of the players offline(That bought tickets)?

If so, I think I know what happened and ill have it fixed in the next release, if not it will still be fixed(As a safeguard) anyways in the next release ^^

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Like i said i was not trying to offend you was just trying to bring a maybe potential problem to your attention not here to flame just here to help if i can :).

I will test it out see if i still get the problem and will let you know.

thanks for the release to the community.

Erevan

Sorceror
When entering a value for Days (for expiration), the server crashes. Seems to only happen after a raffle has expired and you try to reset it.

Code:
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at Server.Gumps.RevGuide.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Scripts\Custom Systems\- Publish 22 -\RevRaffle\StoneGuide.cs:line 318
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1233
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 272
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 126
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Server\Main.cs:line 683

Also, it'd probably be a good idea to clear the bag/raffle item after a raffle expires (if there are no winners). Simply make it hide/delete the bag and item, and set the stone visible false. :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
When entering a value for Days (for expiration), the server crashes. Seems to only happen after a raffle has expired and you try to reset it.

Code:
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
  at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
  at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
  at Server.Gumps.RevGuide.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Scripts\Custom Systems\- Publish 22 -\RevRaffle\StoneGuide.cs:line 318
  at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Server\Network\PacketHandlers.cs:line 1233
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 272
  at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 126
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MyShard\Server\Main.cs:line 683

Also, it'd probably be a good idea to clear the bag/raffle item after a raffle expires (if there are no winners). Simply make it hide/delete the bag and item, and set the stone visible false. :)

That error tells me you didn't type in a number(Maybe have had a space or a character instead of a digit). However the shard will no longer crash with the most recent update, it will just ask you to re try.

As for the bag, it does get deleted upon raffle expiration regardless if someone wins or not. However I fixed a minor "bug/issue" where if no one won, the item would be left in limbo until the server cleaned it up automatically.

MrNice

Squire
This is such a minor thing it really does not matter but here it goes :) - Changing access level from Councelor to Game Master. I already did it on mine. I take advantage of a few players who I made Councelors (with even more limited commands then they normaly get) and one mentioned to me he could end the raffle early or change prices around :) Just for other shard owners FYI!!

UOF

Traveler
Wonderful system, thanks Bittiez

Question, would it be possible to log to a text file, who wins which raffle? It'd be awesome if it could be recorded somewhere, so an announcement can be made either in game, or out of, by staffers.