RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ruins & Riches

[2.x] Ruins & Riches Final

No permission to download

Mangar

Wanderer
Mangar submitted a new resource:

Ruins & Riches - A Single/Multi Player Adventure Game

Ruins & Riches is a single or multi-player adventure game that was liberally assembled and organized by Djeryv for almost a decade. The world consists of elements from various sources of ideas, graphics, maps, and animations, as well as some created by Djeryv. The overall scripting is based on RunUO, but heavily modified by Djeryv to create a new and unique experience. Although built off the Ultima Online Age of Shadows era, the...

Read more about this resource...

Mangar

Wanderer
Looking at the source that was included, it is based on RunUO 2.1. It takes place in Sosaria instead of Britannia, so the land isn't really familiar to UO players. He did put the classic dungeons in the game though where they were redecorated. Djeryv never really did many screenshots of the game so I thought I would share some.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

8.PNG

9.PNG

Hannes-Erich

Sorceror
One of the best Ultima experiences I've had to date. Having played UO many years and also grown up with the Ultima games, Ruins & Riches exists in a sweet spot between both.

It's specially designed for easy set-up and play in minutes for those who know nothing about emulation. Casual users can tweak the game's settings via a plain-English text file. The special client for Ruins & Riches modernizes the classic interface. (Some examples: hot buttons, mouse zoom, and any resolution you want.)

Like the included manual describes, the realm consists of 9 different lands, about 20 cities and villages, and over 100 dungeons to explore. There are quests and secrets and achievements to discover like in the old Ultima games, as well as UO's rich crafting, skills, and customization — plus new skills, gear, abilities and a moderate survival mechanic that fit the game like a glove, making Ultima new again for the first time in years.

Djeryv carved a big space for original content and genre-nods and Ultima-inspired questing alike, making Ruins & Riches, in a sense, both the "Ultima 10" and the "single-player/Co-op" UO experience I've personally always dreamed about.

A few hints...

Read the manual and then talk to various shop owners you come across in the game, as well as farmers and tamers found in houses throughout the countryside, for tips to manage hunger in your first hours.

Shopkeepers have changing supply and demand. If they're not buying or selling what you think they should be, it's not a bug. Go about your business and return to them in a couple of in-game days (sometimes a few).

Click that Help button on your paper doll and explore it thoroughly. Not your average Help button!

Don't litter the thread with spoilers and answers! According to its creator, Ruins & Riches is about exploration and discovery. ;)