RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ruins & Riches

[2.x] Ruins & Riches Final

No permission to download

Kurgan83

Wanderer
This works with the Savaged Empire. You have to have a character, on that same account, that discovered that land in order to start there with a new character. If you had a character like this, and you deleted them, then it doesn't count any longer.
Sorry I was wrong, it's because I was using a test account created from scratch, instead of using the Wizard one with all the lands unlocked.

UOHaloran

Sorceror
Troll Witch Doctors are invisible to me until they die after which their body takes that of an ogre. I only recall this happening after the playable monsters update. Not discrediting the witch doctors ability, but might be a bug!

Mangar

Wanderer
Troll Witch Doctors are invisible to me until they die after which their body takes that of an ogre. I only recall this happening after the playable monsters update. Not discrediting the witch doctors ability, but might be a bug!
I would call this a new bug that wasn't cause by us so to speak. I found something in the RunUO source code that was causing this and fixed it on my side (to be release a bit later because I keep hitting you all with too many updates and I have a couple of things I want to get done first). I think they are working on making animations work differently in the ClassicUO client and the flaws in some of these user generated creature animations is finally being revealed to us, like missing frames that I need to tell the server to play a different animation so they don't look like they are invisible. I know that statement is a bit vague but again, I found the problem and will provide the fix soon.

CholoFett

Wanderer
Just updated and my gumps now have no backround at all. I've re-updated and still the same issue. Any Ideas?

Attachments

• sadfsadf.jpg
    sadfsadf.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 6

Mangar

Wanderer
I can tell from your image that you didn't update the GAME client. Download the SERVER and GAME package and try again.

Last edited:

Mangar

Wanderer
Today I wanted to squeeze in this update before the holidays. It addresses the issues brought up here and hopefully makes the game experience easier to manage. Like the article mentions, it is both a GAME and SERVER update.

And yes, I uploaded everything and then downloaded it all and ran it like a new server. Just to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Last edited:

UOHaloran

Sorceror
Wasn't expecting new stuff to play with as well as fixes. You two are hard at work.

The library is a hugely welcome addition for me and I think it'll be great for any new players, too.

Mangar

Wanderer
You need to tell me the exact steps you are doing to update, because now it looks like you are overwriting things instead of following the directions in the user manual.

CholoFett

Wanderer
You were right I didn't realize that mattered, sorry. I re-did it again ( downloaded the client and server update, deleted the data folder, and the world.exe as per the special instructions note, then unzipped the new data folder and world.exe, then I deleted the files folder, and unzipped the new one in its place.) It got rid of the error, but now I am back to square one. My gumps have no background, old paperdoll, etc.

Attachments

• sadfsadf.jpg
    sadfsadf.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2

CholoFett

Wanderer

These are the instructions I have followed, with the same result. I think I'm just going to give up on trying to save my old world and start fresh.

Mangar

Wanderer
If you followed the below there is a 0.0% chance it wouldn't work. If you want to start over with the client then just delete your client (NOT THE SERVER/WORLD) and then get a new GAME zip file and extract it. You can keep your saved game if you do this because that is in the WORLD folder.

Now that the server is updated, you may have to then update your game client if I noted that a released update requires it. First download the game package. Then go into your "Game" directory and ONLY delete the "Files" folder. Once that is gone, take the "Files" folder from the game package and place it where your previous "Files" folder was in the "Game" directory. You are now ready to enter the updated game world.

CaptMyron

Wanderer
Question about dyeing items.

Customizing my character's appearance is one of the things I enjoyed (and continue to enjoy thanks to Dyerjv and Mangar) was colouring equipment and clothing.

With the addition of the magical paint palettes, I was able to dye (mostly) anything I wanted.

But now I suddenly can't anymore. It seems to be tied to whether the item is a regular item, an artifact or an artefact.

It seems I can't dye artefacts, only artifacts and regular items. The items change color, but as soon as I equip they go back to their original color.

Is this a bug or a feature?

Thanks!!!!

Mangar

Wanderer
By default, those types of items cannot be changed. You can change that behavior in the SETTINGS.XML file.

UOHaloran

Sorceror
Think I've stumbled on a minor bug or maybe just a change with skill gain. Admittedly, I'm not sure when this changed but when you have a 'real' skill of 90, for instance, in Tactics and equip any item that takes you over 100 you can no longer gain up to your natural cap in 'real' skill (for my tests, the natural cap was 100).

I first noticed when my blacksmith's guild ring was preventing me from going above 80 after thinking I was in some sort of gain rut. Hope everyone has great holidays!

Djeryv

Sorceror
Think I've stumbled on a minor bug or maybe just a change with skill gain. Admittedly, I'm not sure when this changed but when you have a 'real' skill of 90, for instance, in Tactics and equip any item that takes you over 100 you can no longer gain up to your natural cap in 'real' skill (for my tests, the natural cap was 100).

I first noticed when my blacksmith's guild ring was preventing me from going above 80 after thinking I was in some sort of gain rut. Hope everyone has great holidays!
Other than an option to modify skill gain, the default skill gain system has been consistent since 2012. This morning I created a test character and gave them 90 blacksmithing. They had gear that brought their smithing up to 125. I was making chaos shields with dwarven steel and I was gaining skill past 90. Now what can mess with a player's head are a few things here. The more skills you have the chance to gain is affected, as well as success in making items (since I tested with crafting here). Also some skills have a mechanism that if there was no challenge in performing it...then you wouldn't gain. The other is the skills gump that is set to cap at 125. The game was altered where skills cannot go beyond 125 so you could stare at that 125 number all day long and think you are not gaining. When you turn on the SHOW REAL...you will actually see you gained skill. Overall, as characters get stronger/powerful, the gaining of skills tends to slow down as opposed to quicker skill gain in the character's beginning days.

On a side note...I also gave this test character a 125 power scroll for smithing and then set their raw skill to 101. WIth their +25 smithing gear they were still gaining skill when making those dwarven steel chaos shields.

Sgtclark

Sorceror
Has anyone experienced an issue with skills resetting to 0 when entering player housing? My skills keep resetting every time I enter my house :(

Mangar

Wanderer
I did a small server/world update today. There were some spelling errors I ran across, but mostly I set certain systems to help one gain in the seafaring skill. Now that fishing has been renamed to seafaring, the messages you get for gain no longer says that your "fishing" has improved but instead "seafaring". So now it seemed like the opportune time to have characters gain in this skill not just from fishing, but also killing sailors/pirates, killing creatures on the high seas, turning in cargo, using fishing nets, and selling exotic fish.