RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ruins & Riches

[2.x] Ruins & Riches Final

No permission to download

Mangar

Wanderer
Quest of Frankenstein book

Its no more doable because the surgeon knife is no more buyable or craftable

Magic Scissor

cycle through all variantes right the first time but start looping between robe and male kimon at the end
Fixed both for the next update.

The Frakenstein body parts will just be harvested by skinning giants with bladed items, like you skin other creatures.

Soulreaperz

Wanderer
Dispelling hasn't been changed since the emulator release. What is the context of this? I have a mage character that summons greater demons all the time and they walk around with me for awhile. If a creature can auto dispel or has a chance to dispel them they get dispelled. If you tell me that a brown bear is dispelling your greater summons then I guess there is some issue. If a Titan Lich is doing it, then that is how it should work.
If it were a titan lich to ista-dispel, there would be nothing strange, but it happened to me with ratman shaman and orc shaman in dardin's pit. Maybe it's my fault, and I'm used too well, with the outlands version of the summoner.
I thought having the greater version of the summons they were definitely more difficult to dispel.
I tried to comment this in BaseCreature.cs

public virtual void OnGotMeleeAttack( Mobile attacker )
{
//if ( AutoDispel && attacker is BaseCreature && ((BaseCreature)attacker).IsDispellable && AutoDispelChance > Utility.RandomDouble() )
//Dispel( attacker );
}

and mobs dont dispel anymore on melee, but if they cast the dispel spell, it work anyway, but less frequently and easly maybe with a check on resisting spell of summons. But hey, your version of game, your rules.

Soulreaperz

Wanderer
I need this written much more clearly as I don't know what you are trying to say.
I'll try
Death knight with 50 mana and 50 soul in the lantern
Cast Succubus Skin which cost 32 mana and 49 souls
It start casting and fail, and say i must have a least 49 soul
and my mana now is 18 and my souls are 1.

I think the script remove mana and souls before check if are enough.

I cannot replicate it again and cant say if are the same on the other spells of death knight because after that, i lose my negative karma, and converted the char to bushido.

Mangar

Wanderer
Yeah. There are Outlands players and there are UO players and this game is actually for UO players, or maybe for Ultima VII players depending on how you play it.

Mangar

Wanderer
I'll try

Yeah, double dipping I think. At least I know where to check.

Mangar

Wanderer
I'll try

I cannot replicate it again and cant say if are the same on the other spells of death knight because after that, i lose my negative karma, and converted the char to bushido.
Found it and fixed it for the next update. It actually affected 3 other schools of magic so this was a wide ranging fix. Nice catch.

Soulreaperz

Wanderer
Found it and fixed it for the next update. It actually affected 3 other schools of magic so this was a wide ranging fix. Nice catch.
Glad to have been of help, I have 2 more, these are from my girlfriend, we play on a local server and she has a thief who facilitates exploration because of the damn traps, we found a book of the monk, and after a long adventure to learn all the spells, she found these 2 strange behaviors.

1. When she casts wind runner, and goes down running in a dungeon, sometimes client freezes after a few steps and has to restart it, a couple of times I had to restart the server because the client freezes every time she logged in. I think it's due to running like she has a mount and going down into the dungeon, the mount should end up in the stable.

2. This is about Psychic Wall, after cast it, time-based skills like hiding, detect hid, meditation etc, goes into cooldown, and seems indefinite. The only solution she has found is to cast a magery spell to unlock the cooldown.

I have a question about runebags, is it intentional that the cast of the runeword in the bag, check if you have enough magery to cast it? No reagents and mana costs are easily obtainable with LRC armor, if you also have magery why use runebags? I don't think a character would run around with 15/20 runebags, it would be very situational, like a bless, cure, gh, recall, maybe with a cooldown, or some other penalty for not abusing it.

Mangar

Wanderer
I have a question about runebags, is it intentional that the cast of the runeword in the bag, check if you have enough magery to cast it? No reagents and mana costs are easily obtainable with LRC armor, if you also have magery why use runebags? I don't think a character would run around with 15/20 runebags, it would be very situational, like a bless, cure, gh, recall, maybe with a cooldown, or some other penalty for not abusing it.
The way you write your sentences, it is hard to determine what you are trying to say. Are you saying that rune bags require 0 magery to use?
Glad to have been of help, I have 2 more, these are from my girlfriend
I don't mind the bug reports but can you try not to trickle feed them to me and instead list all of the ones you found? Unless you literally found 3 more bugs in the time since you last posted.
1. When she casts wind runner, and goes down running in a dungeon, sometimes client freezes after a few steps and has to restart it, a couple of times I had to restart the server because the client freezes every time she logged in. I think it's due to running like she has a mount and going down into the dungeon, the mount should end up in the stable.
I cannot reproduce this? Did you customize anything in your settings.xml? That is all I can think of that would be different from the default game settings. Just wonder if a setting may be causing something like this. I messed with this on a regular player account with the boots of speed and other speed type magic with no crashing or freezing.
2. This is about Psychic Wall, after cast it, time-based skills like hiding, detect hid, meditation etc, goes into cooldown, and seems indefinite. The only solution she has found is to cast a magery spell to unlock the cooldown.
Let's try this one again. What are you saying?

Last edited:

Djeryv

Sorceror
Don't feel bad. I can't tell what they are saying either with some of those. He said he did play Outlands and his posts look like verbs and nouns I used to see on their Discord long ago.

I am not sure what they mean about the Mystic spell for Psychic Wall, can they no longer hide or meditate? Never ran into that issue, but again the sentences are fragmented to piece together.

I never had a client freeze either and I use the Syth spell to make me run fast...which is basically the same type of spell.

About the rune bag. He is saying that it requires zero magery to use the spells, or necromancy for the others. I tested it and he is correct. I wanted the bag to require the skills but not the reagents. I found a fix and I emailed it to you.

Last edited:

Soulreaperz

Wanderer
The way you write your sentences, it is hard to determine what you are trying to say. Are you saying that rune bags require 0 magery to use?
Im saying that: having a runebag, which requiring the same amount of mana, magery and no reagents, in the same way, like if you wear a 100% low reagent cost armor suit, make that bag to have no case of use. If im a mage and I can cast a recall or any other spell from my spell book, why i should carry one or more bags around? Fill the spell book its not hard except for the lvl 8 circle, a 100% low reagent cost suit its easy obtanible, and runes are a bit rare, but I think for example, the runebag could be useful for a miner or blacksmith to cast strenght without having magery, for a warrior without chivalry recall to the tavern, or for a thief to have nightsight or mark a rune, scolls are viable alternatives, but need some magery anyway to no fizzle to much, surely it needs to be balanced, maybe with a cooldown, with a length based on the difficulty of the spell, like merlin's staff summon a medium strength dragon, with a very long cooldown, I think it's something like 2 hours. This is only my opinion and an idea for an interesting and unused mechanics of this server pack, and not a suggestion, as I wrote above, your version of the game, your rules.

I don't mind the bug reports but can you try not to trickle feed them to me and instead list all of the ones you found? Unless you literally found 3 more bugs in the time since you last posted.
I'm not doing this, she only reminded me after posting the death knight one. I'm sorry

I cannot reproduce this? Did you customize anything in your settings.xml? That is all I can think of that would be different from the default game settings. Just wonder if a setting may be causing something like this. I messed with this on a regular player account with the boots of speed and other speed type magic with no crashing or freezing.
It doesn't always happen, but when don't freeze the client, I noticed the Wind Runner effect disappears even if she leaves the dungeon immediately.
The only thing I've changed in the settings.xml is the percent chance that a vendor buys a common and very common items. At the start had ton of cotton and leather, and i must run around for 2/3 city to try to sell maybe one third of it.

Let's try this one again. What are you saying?
After casting Psychic Wall, skills like Hiding, detect hidden, steal or remove trap, return the classic message of uo, "You must wait a few moments to use another skill", even after several minutes it continues to give the same message . It is general and not only related to the thief's skills, even taming, meditation, inscription or anatomy give the same message.
If you cast any magery spell, it returns to normal state and you can use your skills normally. I hope it is clearer now.

Don't feel bad. I can't tell what they are saying either with some of those. He said he did play Outlands and his posts look like verbs and nouns I used to see on their Discord long ago
Yes, I played on Outlands for a while, but too many people focused solely and exclusively on grinding, and no role playing (except for some rare players) or lore of the game, my mistake was looking for quantity at the expense of quality, nice server but not what i was looking for.

Sorry for the misunderstandings, but English is not my language, and I'm a little rusty with it.

Mangar

Wanderer
I thought having the greater version of the summons they were definitely more difficult to dispel.
I stared at this stuff for a bit this morning. I put in some level checks so the autodispel portion calculates the level of the dispeller against the dispel difficulty of the target. This should stop things like ratmen dispelling greater demons and such. I threw a bunch of test statistics into Excel so I think I set it up fairly.

Soulreaperz

Wanderer
I stared at this stuff for a bit this morning. I put in some level checks so the autodispel portion calculates the level of the dispeller against the dispel difficulty of the target. This should stop things like ratmen dispelling greater demons and such. I threw a bunch of test statistics into Excel so I think I set it up fairly.
That's great, my bard will compose a ballad in your honor, dancing with his demon on the corpses of these stinky ratmans :D:D:D

Mangar

Wanderer
Sorry for the misunderstandings, but English is not my language, and I'm a little rusty with it.
Ok. This makes sense about your sentence structure. I thought you were speed typing on an iPhone or something.
Im saying that: having a runebag, which requiring the same amount of mana, magery and no reagents, in the same way....
Rune bags are something that were put into the game because it was the way your cast spells in the game Ultima Underworld, and it is nothing more than a nod to that game and the rune bag is kind of a novelty item. It is like the difference between wearing a helm because it looks neat or wearing an ugly helm that gives better bonuses. It is up to the player if they want to seek all of the runes and cast spells that way. The bag was supposed to require magery/necromancy to cast spells, and mana as per the book's note pasted below.

"Note that even with the runes, a mage must still have the will and power to cast the spell."

So I fixed that part to work as intended, which might piss off some veteran players of this game, but it was technically not working properly for years. So what are the benefits of rune magic? Well when it was broken I guess it was very useful, but we didn't want to have magic useable by anyone so easily. One benefit is the no reagents required, but you have to place runes in the bag to cast a spell so it isn't convenient. You can get LRC gear to avoid this, but there are traps that could curse your spellbook where the rune bag does not suffer from such things. Again, it was a novelty items where one could just collect all of the runes just because, or they can roleplay like they were playing Ultima Underworld. Up to the player I guess. We try to put these items and throwbacks to older Ultima games in here, but we try to make them do "something" even if most don't see the benefit for a min-max playstyle. I think it would have been boring to collect these runes as just "decoration".
I'm not doing this, she only reminded me after posting the death knight one. I'm sorry
It is more of a psychological point for me, where I feel victorious that I find/fix the reported bugs only to refresh the RunUO page and see new ones. This doesn't change the fact that the bugs exist if one were to trickle feed them here, it is just that if I am fixing a couple of bugs it is easier to fix 20 of them if I am in the groove at that moment.
It doesn't always happen, but when don't freeze the client, I noticed the Wind Runner effect disappears even if she leaves the dungeon immediately.
The only thing I've changed in the settings.xml is the percent chance that a vendor buys a common and very common items. At the start had ton of cotton and leather, and i must run around for 2/3 city to try to sell maybe one third of it.
So your XML settings affects nothing here. That's good. The Wind Runner spell turns off when you enter a dungeon so leaving immediately does exactly that. It wears off. Still don't know what it could be then since it never happened to me. Is it the same dungeon every time?
After casting Psychic Wall, skills like Hiding, detect hidden, steal or remove trap, return the classic message of uo, "You must wait a few moments to use another skill", even after several minutes it continues to give the same message . It is general and not only related to the thief's skills, even taming, meditation, inscription or anatomy give the same message.
If you cast any magery spell, it returns to normal state and you can use your skills normally. I hope it is clearer now.
I think I know where to look around now for this one.

Last edited:

Mangar

Wanderer
Found it and fixed it, plus the other similar spells with the issue. If I can get through any last minute bugs I can release an update.

Soulreaperz

Wanderer
You can get LRC gear to avoid this, but there are traps that could curse your spellbook where the rune bag does not suffer from such things. Again, it was a novelty items where one could just collect all of the runes just because, or they can roleplay like they were playing Ultima Underworld. Up to the player I guess. We try to put these items and throwbacks to older Ultima games in here, but we try to make them do "something" even if most don't see the benefit for a min-max playstyle.
I get the point, sounds fine to me.

Still don't know what it could be then since it never happened to me. Is it the same dungeon every time?
It is very random, can't replicate when i want, only sometimes it totally freezes the client, sometimes there is just a few seconds of "lag", I think the only common factor I remember is that we aggroed mobs out of the dungeon and get some damage upon entering. There is some sort of "debug mode" of the console, where can I catch any errors or exceptions? or some client reports?

Found it and fixed it, plus the other similar spells with the issue. If I can get through any last minute bugs I can release an update.
Great!

UOHaloran

Sorceror
Man, some great stuff up and coming on the blog. Can't wait to give it all a whirl.

I've recently made a greedy rogue type character and sneaking around in dungeons has been fun; snatching every little shiny thing in my way into as much as my pockets can carry. Considering the merchants guild over the thieves guild, even!

cgreed

Wanderer
Having fun here so far, but I've got a question: Is there a way to get reagent counters in the title bar display, like in the screenshot below of a free shard I play on?

There are a lot of options available for resists, attack ratings, etc, but if I manually put in {bp} nothing shows up when I have black pearls in my inventory, for instance.

I tried pasting a different razor installation into the directory it shows up with the client, but that just made razor not even load on startup.

1631975094878.png

UOHaloran

Sorceror
Having fun here so far, but I've got a question: Is there a way to get reagent counters in the title bar display, like in the screenshot below of a free shard I play on?

There are a lot of options available for resists, attack ratings, etc, but if I manually put in {bp} nothing shows up when I have black pearls in my inventory, for instance.

I tried pasting a different razor installation into the directory it shows up with the client, but that just made razor not even load on startup.
Not sure if ClassicUO can display in title bar even if Razor is trying. I will say, there is an in-game bar if you click 'Help' on your paperdoll and go to 'Settings' and then click the reagent bar for the type of reagent you want to track. There's a wealth of great stuff in the 'Help' section anyway and it's worth checking out.

cgreed

Wanderer
Not sure if ClassicUO can display in title bar even if Razor is trying. I will say, there is an in-game bar if you click 'Help' on your paperdoll and go to 'Settings' and then click the reagent bar for the type of reagent you want to track. There's a wealth of great stuff in the 'Help' section anyway and it's worth checking out.

exactly what I needed! I'd rather have it in the title bar, but this works, too.

thanks!